New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This morning on my way to Katipunan, my car was hit by a silver Honda CRV (plate number WNJ-443). I was coming from Industria road, making a right to C5-Libis when out of nowhere the CRV hit the front end of my car, taking out the bumper.

The driver immediately accused that I was at fault and that he had the right of way. Ayun nga pinilit niya yung right of way niya at binangga ang kotse ko. I pointed out that I wasn't the one who struck him, and he's not the one with the wrecked bumper.

Anyway, this is my first car accident, so I was clueless on what to do. I knew I was supposed to call the police, but then the guard at Honda Libis, where we were parked, said there were tanods coming over. So I waited while trying to frantically call my dad. The driver's master, an old lady passenger insisted that she would just be going to St. Pio Chapel just beside Honda, and will come back. She seemed nice enough, so I said ok.

The driver stayed a while, but then said he would just follow his master. He left me his cell number (0929-4504836)... And they never came back.

I tried calling. No answer. So I went to the chapel looking for the CRV, but the guard there said that they already left. This is when I realized na naisahan ako. Of course, it was quite idiotic on my part to place my trust upon a slimy bastard and an old hag. I should've asked for their licenses but I was too out of it to even think of that.

So there. No police came, no tanods, no MMDAs. I was left in the parking lot with a wrecked car and a bruised ego. Meh.

I admit that I should've been a more defensive driver, so I probably could take some of the blame, but jeez... To wreck someone's car and run away! What a slimy bastard! I hope karma bites him in the ass bigtime! And his master... Nako! Sabi pa naman nung guard na palaging nagsisimba dun sa Pio Chapel. Psh.

If anyone here goes to mass there and happens to come upon the hag and the ogre, please, please hex them for me.

*sigh* Well, lesson learned is never trust strangers, and be a defensive driver. Kahit na hindi ikaw may kasalanan pareho parin kayong naperwisyo, at baka takbuhan ka pa, so be resilient. Dapat kumuha ka ng panghahawakan, like a license. Kala ko sapat na yung license plate at pics. Aba'y hindi. Hindi sila natakot na tumakbo.

Anyway, I have a few questions:
    1. Can I go to LTO, give them the CRV's plate number, and they hand me the owner's details? (provided that I give them a police report or something)
    2. But thing is, my dad didn't bother to file a police report since "pareho lang naman ang babayaran pag sa insurance". He's thinking insurance. I'm thinking justice. Can I still do anything about it?
    3. Can anyone here help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can still go to the police station and have an accident report done and claim it under HIT & RUN. The fact that you have a picture of the incident can help if you can have it printed out and submitted to the police for their records.

Why? It's because the other party (the CRV owner) can claim the same thing (hit & run) if you don't have the incident report done quick enough.

It is just too bad you didn't think of copying down the details on the driver's license nor the details on the car's registration (name, address, etc).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesireCat View Post
    Anyway, I have a few questions:
    1. Can I go to LTO, give them the CRV's plate number, and they hand me the owner's details? (provided that I give them a police report or something)
    2. But thing is, my dad didn't bother to file a police report since "pareho lang naman ang babayaran pag sa insurance". He's thinking insurance. I'm thinking justice. Can I still do anything about it?
    3. Can anyone here help me? It would be greatly appreciated.
    1. I am not sure if the LTO will just hand you the registration details without a proper legal case requiring such details to be released.

2. Insurance will require the police report to be submitted before they can process the insurance claim.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Its the traffic police investigator's job to get that info po. So ayain mo na lang siya sa nearest LTO pag tapos na ang accident report and he can officialy inquire about the reigstration details of the CRV. It shouldnt take more than 10 mins.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sa picture na post mo, ikaw ay turning right and ang crv ay straight, diba siya merong right of way at dapat ikaw at magproceed lang to turn right kung clear na? at siya ay mas nauna saiyo according sa picture dahil yung bumper mo ay nasa front wheel na niya. mas malamang ikaw ang tumama sa kanya, baka siya pa ang maghabol niyan sa iyo,
    claim mo na lang sa insurance pwedeng sabihin mo pagdating sa parking nakita mo nalang na meron ng tama at dimo alam kung sino ang nakasira.
    Last edited by raine; April 16th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    sa picture na post mo, ikaw ay turning right and ang crv ay straight, diba siya merong right of way at dapat ikaw at magproceed lang to turn right kung clear na? at siya ay mas nauna saiyo according sa picture dahil yung bumper mo ay nasa front wheel na niya. mas malamang ikaw ang tumama sa kanya, baka siya pa ang maghabol niyan sa iyo,
    claim mo na lang sa insurance pwedeng sabihin mo pagdating sa parking nakita mo nalang na meron ng tama at dimo alam kung sino ang nakasira.
    You can see in the picture that the CRV has some scratch damage on the bumper's corner. That would say that the CRV was behind the sedan and simply moved forward, pulling the sedan's front bumper off and ending up in the position showed in the picture.

Whoever had the right of way, the incident has to be reported to the police's traffic department. Given the CRV left the location without any word, it's a clear hit&run incident.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *raine If you analyze the picture, the point of impact is at the CRV's front bumper, so obviously siya ang tumama sa akin. Kung ako tumama, papaloob yung bumper ko at hindi makakalas ng ganyan. Nagulungan pa nga. My point is tinakbuhan ako. Hindi siya tatakbo kung hindi siya mali.

Anyway, if I may ask the others. What should I expect if I pursued them? Can I still file an accident report tomorrow? What happens then? We settle? Or is the hit and run a criminal case already that we would need lawyers and stuff?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesireCat View Post
    Anyway, if I may ask the others. What should I expect if I pursued them? Can I still file an accident report tomorrow? What happens then? We settle? Or is the hit and run a criminal case already that we would need lawyers and stuff?
    Not sure about late filing ... As for settling the case, I would consult with the insurance company on that matter. They might go after the owners of the crv for you so you wouldn't need to go through the hassle of the local legal system yourself. And honestly, if you were to get a lawyer for that, it's going to cost you more in legal fees than what it would cost you to pay for the repairs yourself.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Based sa pics, I would have to say na hindi yung CRV at fault. Why? Lusot na yung harap nung CRV, it appears na pinilit sumingit nung City, syempre kungtamaan mo yung gulong ng CRV with your bumper, e talagang mawawakwak ang bumper mo.

Pero may mali din yung CRV, bakit ka aalis sa accident site without proper investigation and police report?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir kita namang may gasgas ung front nung bumper ng CRV, see kinalakad nung gulong niya yung bumper nung city sakit nyan bro paayos mo nalang..
    sakin kasi tricycle ang bumangga tapos may hiwa siya sa ulo dahil sa pagkabangga niya tumama siya sa bakal then iniinsit niya na ako daw ang bumangga hello! sa gilid ang bangga ko.. siya sa front tapos hinihingan ako ng pampagamot baliw ba sila ,sila na nga tung nambangga sila pa ganun..

bro sige pagnakita ko i report ko kagad dito

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP! Hit and Run: Honda CRV WNJ-443