New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My office mate friend had this status in her FB page last weekend concerning an incident that happened while she was in a taxi on her way to her Spanish classes at Instituto. Apparently, the taxi she was in almost hit a tan-colored van in front when the driver of the van suddenly braked hard. There was no accident. It was a near-miss between the 2 vehicles. But, as usual, the driver of the van alighted with a gun in his hand and went towards the taxi and pointed at the driver. This was in full view of the gun-toter's wife and little daughter. As usual, pinagmumura at tinatakot iyung taxi driver. The van's plate number is RAS 299. It was a Grandia-like type and it was colored tan.

This is the actual status I am re-posting here:
    in a cab on my way to the exam when the driver nearly knocked into the van in front of us when the damn thing suddenly stopped. he didn't even caught the bumper or anything but the driver of that van got out, took out his gun and pointed it at him. totoong baril na to. i think i lost all the spanish verbs i studied. the invalid bastard, can't he talk. his wife and little daughter are with him.

Well, kayo na bahalang humusga. Sa akin lang sana wag na maglabas ng baril. Pwede naman idaan sa salita eh. As if the gun can solve the problem. Duwag talaga.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    maraming ganyan. matapang lang yan, kasi may baril.......

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    maraming ganyan. matapang lang yan, kasi may baril.......
    +1 gusto din nila manindak

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    na-cut siguro nung taxi yun van....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Mali ginawa ng gun owner dapat tanggalan ng PTC yan.

Pero sa kabilang banda bakit sya humantong sa ganyan? Kasi minsan talagang nakaka bwiset mag maneho mga taxi driver na yan parang mauubusan ng kalsada singit ng singit.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Possible na na-cut or nasiksik ang van kaya gumanti ang van ng biglang preno sa harapan ng taxi. Kahit ano pa man ang nangyari bago ang insidente hindi pa rin tama na manutok ng baril ang driver ng van. Sa pag tutok pa lang ng baril na loaded considered he has the intention to kill. Hindi ako naniniwala na nanakot lang, iresposableng gun owner yan dapat alisan ng licensya/bawian ng permit to carry. Kung government connected siya dapat fire-out, all pay void. But...that's me, my own opinion. peace

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This is an example from the article:
    While the possession of a gun can make its owner feel secure, Santiago Oreta points out that its proliferation can also make people feel more insecure.
    It also compels the state to channel more funds for its military and police spending to combat lawlessness and violence—diverting funds from crucial services such as education, health care, infrastructure, and livelihood.
    In turn, such “unmet human needs" can fuel criminality and armed hostilities that, ultimately, push state actors and ordinary people further into the race to acquire more guns.
    http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/2011012...i-d6cd5cf.html

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    na-cut siguro nung taxi yun van....
    positibo ako dito. alam naman natin kung gaano kasalbahe ang mga taxi drivers, araw-araw nalang makakasabay mo sila, balasubas magmaneho.

napuno nalang talaga yung naka-van niyan, gayunpaman, mali pa rin ang ginawa niya, pwede namang hamunin nalang ng sapakan hindi ba? wala nang baril-baril, bakla lang gumagamit niyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mga sirs, this is the same guy I saw last week... also waving his pistol to the guy in a car infront of me... this was the time of the Edsa bombing incident... many motorists took alternative routes to bypass the Edsa-Makati area. The incident happened along a narrow sidestreet going towards the Makati-Mandaluyong bridge. Medyo traffic since marami nga ang dumaan dun. To cut the long story short, siguro nainip sya sa traffic at gustong mag counterflow (towards the direction the car infront of me and I are traversing). so binusinahan siya nung car na nasa harap ko dahil nga binarahan niya yung kalye... ayun, nagpakita na ng baril... siya na nga mali, siya pa matapang...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Possible na na-cut or nasiksik ang van kaya gumanti ang van ng biglang preno sa harapan ng taxi. Kahit ano pa man ang nangyari bago ang insidente hindi pa rin tama na manutok ng baril ang driver ng van. Sa pag tutok pa lang ng baril na loaded considered he has the intention to kill. Hindi ako naniniwala na nanakot lang, iresposableng gun owner yan dapat alisan ng licensya/bawian ng permit to carry. Kung government connected siya dapat fire-out, all pay void. But...that's me, my own opinion. peace
    +1. never point a gun to someone without the intention of killing that person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gun-toting driver of van with plate number RAS 299