New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Shempre tinanong ko, additives daw kuno.

Whats the point of having a billion peso company with millions of r&d in chemistry and engineering and just boils it down to the gas boy adding this additives. Eh kung ibulsa ni gas boy ang additive at ilagay sa habal habal nya?

For me its either i load up with the cheapest or with the most expensive gas line up. Either way, i can feel the difference, unlike unleaded and premium, wala ako marandaman pagbabago.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kaya nga sa amin, naka-sale ang Premium gasoline during weekends....

Same price as Unleaded....

17.0K:out:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ganun din sa shell sa may q.ave near mcdo (edsa, q.ave)

Nasa 53.80++ lang kahapon yung nitro+ racing!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only point is, they add the additivies at the end user so the station itself gets to decide how much of each "type" it gets.

And yes, this system is prone to abuse or human error. Which is why we always tell people to change gas stations if they're having fuel problems (knocking) with their car.

The companies could create an automated system that mixes the additives in the correct proportions in tank... But why spend money on something that customers will never be able to appreciate, anyway? Why buy a robot maid when human ones are so darn cheap?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sa diesel kaya may ganyan din?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Inaabangan ko lagi ang Friday para magpa gas dahil sa promo na ito ng Shell... In the back of my mind though, isip pa rin ako ng isip bakit kaya may promo na ganito sa Metro Manila gas stations while sa Batangas area kung saan mas malapit ang refinery nila ang mahal... halos 4 pesos difference

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The only point is, they add the additivies at the end user so the station itself gets to decide how much of each "type" it gets.
    Which probably explains why i suspect to be getting inconsistent fuel consumption with some gas stations (using XCS). I still have to observe further though as my driving conditions are quite varying so i cannot gauge it well enough.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Shempre tinanong ko, additives daw kuno.

Whats the point of having a billion peso company with millions of r&d in chemistry and engineering and just boils it down to the gas boy adding this additives. Eh kung ibulsa ni gas boy ang additive at ilagay sa habal habal nya?

For me its either i load up with the cheapest or with the most expensive gas line up. Either way, i can feel the difference, unlike unleaded and premium, wala ako marandaman pagbabago.
    refiners can't be bothered to produce several kinds of gasoline. they're too busy cracking crude. they just produce gasoline (blend with ethanol coz it's law) then it's up to the dealers to put additives
    Last edited by uls; October 8th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    refiners can't be bothered to produce several kinds of gasoline. they're too busy cracking crude. they just produce gasoline (blend with ethanol coz it's law) then it's up to the dealers to put additives
    Yep, that's precisely the reason why. It's added cost to manage and store the mix at the refinery/producer/supplier side.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sa diesel kaya may ganyan din?
    may variant po ba ang diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    then we don't really know if what they put on our tanks is what we paid for...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Gas tanker unloads tampered fuel?