New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Are gas tankers supposedly sealed? I came upon a gas tanker that was unloading his load to tne underground tank.

Then i saw the gas boy mixing something into the tanker holding tanks, he was going thru all sections of the tanker.

This picture was taken from petron gen. T. De leon valenzuela

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Additive packages. Why would you add small quantities of stuff to tamper with fuel? If you want to cheat people, you'd be adding gallons of water instead of small bottles of octane and detergent additives.
    Last edited by niky; October 7th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ya and why not just add water directly into the underground tank?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Maybe hes adding colorant to make the unleaded and sell them as blaze or premium. Naging issue na din yon sa news, yung total tanker driver, kinukulayan ang unleaded nya and sell it as premium.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The difference daw between the Gold and Silver gas of Caltex is in the additives. They have the exact same fuel. The Gold has additives which the dealer will mix into their tanks.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Maybe hes adding colorant to make the unleaded and sell them as blaze or premium. Naging issue na din yon sa news, yung total tanker driver, kinukulayan ang unleaded nya and sell it as premium.
    As uls says, why not just add it when the gas is already in the underground tank, when no one can see you doing it?

All gas is the same. Blaze, XCS, XTRA, pinoy 87 RON... all come from the same feedstock. The only differentiator is the additives added to the gasoline before it is sold to e customers.

This is why I don't blame the car companies when engines start knocking... Because I'm painfully aware of how often gas stations muck up the additive mixing and/or put the wrong type of gasoline or mix gasolines in the tanks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    maybe he's just checking on the levels of the fuel inside. sometimes, it's easier to see the level if you plunk in a small solid object to produce visible ripples..
    but they know how much they put in, how much they delivered, and therefore how much was stolen.. heh heh..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    niky, i dont see the point why gas stations should be the one to put the additive package.

what im thinking is that these additives should have been blended already at the refinery to ensure the quality. methinks gas station should not, in any way add or modify the recipe from the refinery. maybe the TS and i are thinking on the same argument.

the color additive to possibly change the color from unleaded to premium to make it priced higher is actually what i think is happening. it may be fraud but it brings more profit for greedy businessmen.

maybe im wrong though. these are just my thoughts.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe he's just checking on the levels of the fuel inside. sometimes, it's easier to see the level if you plunk in a small solid object to produce visible ripples..
    but they know how much they put in, how much they delivered, and therefore how much was stolen.. heh heh..
    this is another possibilty though im not familiar with these trucks.

doesnt it have a sort of gauge similar to pumping gauge/meter that detects the flow of fluid from the truck to the underground storage for them to know how much was delivered?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    sana tinanong nalang ng TS para wala ng haka haka..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Gas tanker unloads tampered fuel?