New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Isn't it sad to think they're the ones tasked to protect us?

Tapos pinipilit nilang sila lang dapat may karapatan na magdala ng firearms? Doesn't it make you realize that they're really just goons in uniform? Think on it: binabawal tayo magdala ng pangsagip ng buhay natin saying we should just trust in them to save our lives, yet when our lives get endangered, napakaduwag naman at nagtatago sa likod ng kasamahan nila.

Now look at this thread. We're advising each other on how to protect ourselves from them.

Hay... nakakalungkot talaga.

Of course, some of our LEOs are true to their oaths, pero sobrang konti.

Which also made me remeber seeing several shuttles with "To Serve And Protect" stickers on their windows. Ano yun? Bakit kailangan ipost pa dun? Para ba pag may krimen tayong nakikita pwede natin silang parahin? Of course not. Para di sila hulihin ng kabaro nila di ba? WAla na talaga mangyayari sa bansa natin.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Whenever I see cops I feel lke I'm seeing black angels, goons with guns, robbers on uniform, and bad people. Which I know I should be seeiing or even thinking.

I should see them as good guys.

But, most of the time it isn't the case. I don't know if there is a stigma about our police force but I always feel there is. I pity them and despise them at the same time. This feeling, this phobia I have with them turns fear into anger. They use their power and uniform in doing various illegal and notorious deeds not just on the roads and they use this power to prey on the one who feeds them.

Instead of seeing a police makes me feel safe, it makes me feel that something is wrong or they might accuse someone of something. Which sometimes I ask my self if I am being bothered by this phobia or am I having a "criminal mind." Nevertheless, it's the former.

On the other hand, I pity the last good police who's left in the force. The force is somehow generalized as a bad force and I seldom see good cops. The pride and honor has been replaced by mistrust and disgust which is why when you dismiss all of the bad police men I guess nothing or few will be left.

What are the causes? Is it the lack of funding by the government? Is it the lack of discipline by these people? Is it the attitude of the civilians to them? Is it their power? Or is it their tradition?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I have something to share na similar din sa stories niyo, maybe some knows this story already. Eto yung story ni hostage taker mendoza. Madami na talaga police na maloloko and it's hard for us civilians because we don't know what to do lalo na kapag wala kapit sa government.

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Mga pards,[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=3] Bobby Kalaw, HS’71, narrated to me how his son, Christian, had an encounter with hostage taker, Mendoza, in 2008.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Christian drove that night to Torre Lorenzo on Vito Cruz to drop off a laptop at the lobby. He parked on a vacant slot along the road. When he came back to the car, there were cops beside his car. They accused him of illegal parking. When he asked them how can he be illegally parked when there were other cars parked in front and at the back of his car. “Pilosopo ka pala!” retorted one cop. “bukasan mo yung trunk”.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]When Christian opened the trunk, the cop then threw marijuana and pills inside and accused Christian “drug user ka pala!” Christian then turned to the crowd that had gathered and shouted “kita ninyo nilagay!” The cop then turned to the crowd with his hand on his gun and asked “sino ang nakakita?” The crowd immediately turned away.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]The cop then instructed Christian to sit at the driver’s seat. The cop then got the seatbelt and wrapped it around Christian’s neck and pulled. As Christian was choking, the cop pulled his head back and the other cop shoved shabu down his throat….“yan may shabu ka na sa sistema mo!”, the cop said. (Christian later told his dad that his stomach grumbled from the shabu)[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]The cops then boarded Christian’s car and ordered him to produce his ATM card. They then went to the nearest BPI branch where the cop was caught on video using the card to withdraw the money from Christian’s account (the Ombudsman used this piece of evidence to convict the cops).[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]They then drove to the precinct where Christian was brought to hostage-taker, Mendoza . Mendoza then instructed Christian to contact any body he wished who can give them the money for his release. Bobby Kalaw was in the province when his son called him up. Mendoza took the phone and told Bobby that his son is in jail for possession of illegal drugs and that he is a drug user. He then demanded P230,000 for his release. Bobby replied that he did not have that large amount of money.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]By then, one of the friends that Christian contacted came with P20,000 in cash. The cops then released Christian.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Mayor Lim learned of this incident when he was in a speaking engagement in SFO. Some one in the crowd read to Mayor Lim, Bobby’s email warning his La Salle friends to beware of the police precinct in Malate and their modus operandi on students.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Mayor Lim, upon his return, sacked the whole precinct and transferred Mendoza to Mindanao .[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]The Ombudsman then filed the appropriate cases against all the cops in the precinct that resulted in their conviction. Bobby was hesitant to file a case because they have no witnesses, no medical report and no evidence. It was the Ombudsman that gathered the evidence that incriminated the cops.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Bobby learned from his niece that she knows of 5 other students that were victimized by the same cops using the same modus operandi.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Bobby and Christian have put this episode behind them and moved on. They do not wish to be a part in Mendoza ’s hostage-taking caper. Bobby even told GMA’s Mike Enriquez that since he has nothing good to say about Mendoza then he will just keep his mouth shut.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=3] [/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Cheers.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 16th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Makes me want to buy one of those spycams... they're relatively cheap nowadays.

Does anybody have one? Are they any good?

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Makes me want to buy one of those spycams... they're relatively cheap nowadays.

Does anybody have one? Are they any good?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    There are spycams that comes with an eyeglass and shades as well the also have pen cams that has built in 2gb memory and a usb to transfer the files.

A friend of mine once told me it I didn't buy however because I thought it deemed no use. Until I read this goon squad. Now I want one.

Yes, they are basically cheap you can get one worth 2,000-4,000 pesos and it's made in china. I haven't tried it yet though.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sa highways naman, dimly lit ang mga checkpoints, lalo na jan sa parteng bulacan, minsang magugulat ka na lang dahil bubulaga sayo ung karatula ng checkpoint na walang ilaw.

Ung iba namang idiot na "law enforcers" kuno, after ng sharp blind curve saka maglalagay ng one way na checkpoint, mapapa sudden stop ka talaga.

other checkpoints naman, makikita mo ang nagmamando eh hindi mga pulis kundi mag civilian, pero take note, may hawak na mahahabang baril (pinapahiram siguro ng pulis doon)

pero ang pinaka masaklap, eh ung mga trucks na humihinto sa mga checkpoints at maghuhulog ng pera sa kalsada.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12