New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi guys, just need a bit of info... Meron bang mga tyangge or store buying 2nd hand cellphones near SM San Lazaro? A friend's cellphone recently got stolen within the mall mismo, so I'm thinking first of checking out all of the aforementioned establishments in the vicinity... baka makita ko on sale. Also going to file a stolen cellphone case with the NTC, para ma-block na yung signal ng cellphone... Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think you'll have to call NTC customer service for that.

modus operandi daw ngayon, after mo bumili sa store, may magt-timbre sa tao sa labas na may dala kang CP, tapos aabangan ka na. I suggest you put the unit in your tight jeans para mahirap makuha.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Most robbers bring it to Makati Cinema Square or Greenhills. I read a post here and I am not too sure if it was Batang Raon who posted that he was able to trace his stolen phone in Makati. My apologies if it wasn't him who posted.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    bro, advice ko, buy new one na lang. sasama lang loob mo kung mabili mo sarili mong cellphone.... at kung mamalasin pa, e mapaaway ka pa sa mga lokong yun.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Uhm, no... won't be buying it back. We have the box and the IMEI number here. I'm going to scout around (maybe GH?) to see if I could locate the actual phone. If ever I do, I'll do what one of the tsikoteers here did...

...with the assistance of the police, demand the shop return the unit.

The phone has a lot of sentimental value to that friend of mine, so I'm very vehement on getting it back. Fireblade: What ultimately happened on the case of that tsikoteer?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Uhm, no... won't be buying it back. We have the box and the IMEI number here. I'm going to scout around (maybe GH?) to see if I could locate the actual phone. If ever I do, I'll do what one of the tsikoteers here did...

...with the assistance of the police, demand the shop return the unit.

The phone has a lot of sentimental value to that friend of mine, so I'm very vehement on getting it back. Fireblade: What ultimately happened on the case of that tsikoteer?

They were able to get it back by reporting to the police that they have spotted the phone. They found the unit in Makati Cinema Square as apparently, the phone had a tracking system.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    masasayang lang pagod mo, btw, anong model ng cphone? tell your friend buy a new cellphone and just charge it to experience, siguro next time na mag malling siya sobrang ingat na siya, napakaraming pwedeng bentahan ng 2nd hand cellphone, you won't even know where to start... tell him/her just to move on...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    it would also help if you're a Smart Subscriber who uses the ZED "Person Finder" service.. you would know at least where or in what area your phone is in.. typical response from the Zed Person Finder would be: "09198325151 is near the area of Buendia Medical Hospital in Buendia, Makati City. Need Help? Call..... ".
    Imagine the difference it will make if Person Finder replies with: ".. near the area of Makati Cinema Square in Pasong Tamo, Makati City...". at least you would know where to start looking.

installing 3rd party applications like theftalert, theft aware and save etc.. would also help in recovery.. since when they (magnanakaw or reseller) replace the simcard in your phone, the phone automatically sends information of the new number of the sim card used and the current location (cell site dependent i think as it uses numbered codes as location) to a number of your pre-defined numbers. useful di ba? i mean you can even turn them as your textmates and EB them for a rescue operation of your phone.

i remember an incident in tanauan, batangas wherein my relative's phone was stolen. they tried texting the lost cell number posing as new text mates. arranged for an EB (still in tanauan) and in the end retrieved their phone which was apparently the phone still being used by the perpetrator. swertehan lang at medyo may kulang sa diskarte itong magnanakaw na ito ..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di nyo na makukuha yun kahit makita nyo pa. yung officemate ko na holdup sila sa FX lahat natangay pati celpon nya..so ang pobre dahil di ini expect na ma holdup at dahil maliit ang budget (p9 nga pla yung celpon nya na nakuha that time)punta sa greenhills to look for the same model...ayun nakita nya yung celpon nya yun na yun pati gasgas kaya kilala nya...so di sya nagpahalata kunwari pina reserve nya....tawg sya ng pulis togethr with his Uncle dala nya yung resibo nya nun binili nya unit...ang kaso nung tingnan na ng mga pulis at buksan ang loob meron na agad napalitan..at pinalibutan na din sila ng mga muslim at masasama daw ang tingin pati pulis daw parang natakot kaya walang nangyari uwi silang bigo.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ....grabe naman yan. Already knowing the fact that their brethren bought stolen goods, tapos sila pa matapang? *sigh* That's such a wrong implementation of Muslim solidarity.... ...btw, my search didn't yield anything. Perhaps the thief decided to keep it for him/herself. Bah...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Friend's phone got stolen... need a bit of help.