New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just this friday, nov 24. i was driving our Sta fe from NAIA as i just arrived from China that same night. around 1am and we were cruising EDSA. we were in the inside lane running about 75-80kph and we're at the first quarter portion of the EDSA-Qeuzon Ave over pass. fronting us is a white pickup and to our right is a red CRV.

i was surprised when we were about to reach the center part, to see men working on my lane. di mo mapapansin agad since paakyat ka at nasa taas sila.and the worst thing is basa yung part na yon ng daan. so the pickup fronting us suddenly slow down and has to cut the right lane. if not he will hit the people working ahead. so as he moved right, the red CRV on our right flloor the break, skid and hit him on the tail . the CRV's right part was serioulsy wrecked. buti n lng din hindi umikot yung CRV na may do more damage. alam ko may isang sasakyan pang bumangga sa likod ng CRV.

on my part , di ako nagpanick na biglang preno. inisip ko n basa yung kalsada if if i did floor the brake, maaring nagskid kami towards the workers or umikot. hindi ko nakita yung salpukan nung 2 at nagfocus ako na huminto kami ng safe at walang madadamage. actually hinihintay ko na lang na may kumalabog sa likuran namin, but God was really good. so we left the scene safe and sound. sana na lang walang nasaktan on both cars at lalo hindi sana mga tsikoteers.

naiwasan sana yung aksidenteng yon kung mga 100 M pa lang naglagay ang MMDA nang sign na may "men working ahead" lalo asa blind spot ng driver yung work site nila. so wala akon talagang sinisisi kundi MMDA or kung sino mang nangasaiwa nung road work na yon.....na mga KUP...L!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's the problem with road construction over here. proper signages and lighting are not observed, to the detriment of the motoring public. you'll see the sign or warning when you're immediately in front of the construction. what's worse is, the construction itself is done with such bad quality that it'll have to be redone soon causing more traffic and hazards.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    buti na lang me presence of mind ka at hindi ka nabangga. yan nga ang hirap sa atin. yung me mga sasakyan, me requirement na maglagay ng EWD (early warning device) kapag kailangang huminto sa tabi dahil nasiraan pero kapag me road construction e wala man lamang silang inilalagay na standard signs up ahead para me enough tayong time para maka react safely.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think the CRV did not see the construction dahil biglaan, and when the pick up swerved into his lane ayun salpukan na. I hope nobody got hurt there, presence of mind and situational awareness are critical to defensive driving.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya hirap din magdrive ng nakainom coz situations like this needs quick reflexes at presence of mind.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deng...i thought this was a thread about Lindsay Lohan :out:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    at 1am, working men without warning lights. magnanakaw yun ng bakal. the same people na nangunguha ng man-hole covers, railings ng center island or flyovers at binenbenta sa junk shop.

I have been wondering kumbakit nauubos ang railings sa ilang flyovers dito sa M.M. one time, in ortigas flyover from edsa to ortigas ave., may bike na nakatigil sa itaas na mintik na din namin tamaan.

sobrang nagtataka talaga ako, kung passerby lang yun bike, napakatanga naman nya na akyatin yun at a very late hour. parusa yun ah! meron naman alternative sa baba. he was checking out the bolts of the railings.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    freaky talaga kasi subrang lapit ng mga ewds tsaka maliit pa.

as a precautionary measure, check your distance with the car you are following. ideally, it should be one car length per 15kph (of your speed). at 75 kph, you should have about 5 car lengths, which is sufficient to five you thinking and stopping time.

also check your speed. at 75kph along edsa, you "may" be overspeeding. i am not sure what the recommended speed along edsa, if there is any, but under the law: on "through streets" or boulevards, clear of traffic, with
    no " blind corners," when so designated, a passenger car must not travel beyond 40 kmh. a passenger car may only travel up to the maximum speed of 80kmh if on open country roads, with no "blinds corners" not closely bordered by habitations.

i violated this speed rule recently when i fell off a deep manhole along meralco avenue that resulted to the damage of my tire. while i blame the public officials responsible for upkeeping our street, i also blamed myself. with the right speed, i may have avoided that hole.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by starbutt View Post
    freaky talaga kasi subrang lapit ng mga ewds tsaka maliit pa.

as a precautionary measure, check your distance with the car you are following. ideally, it should be one car length per 15kph (of your speed). at 75 kph, you should have about 5 car lengths, which is sufficient to five you thinking and stopping time.

also check your speed. at 75kph along edsa, you "may" be overspeeding. i am not sure what the recommended speed along edsa, if there is any, but under the law: on "through streets" or boulevards, clear of traffic, with
    no " blind corners," when so designated, a passenger car must not travel beyond 40 kmh. a passenger car may only travel up to the maximum speed of 80kmh if on open country roads, with no "blinds corners" not closely bordered by habitations.

i violated this speed rule recently when i fell off a deep manhole along meralco avenue that resulted to the damage of my tire. while i blame the public officials responsible for upkeeping our street, i also blamed myself. with the right speed, i may have avoided that hole.

you make sense.....actually medyo napabilis pa nga ako at one point, coming form china the same day, dala ko pa yung "china driving fever".

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    at 1am, working men without warning lights. magnanakaw yun ng bakal. the same people na nangunguha ng man-hole covers, railings ng center island or flyovers at binenbenta sa junk shop.
    Hehe. Yup, noticed this as well before, when I see a pick-up na "nasiraan" or "na-flat" weirdly lagi sa flyover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Freaky Friday