New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Hi guys just a friendly warning.

2 hours ago my office mate found out the spare tire of her fortuner was missing. Her driver called her up when he discovered it and she went ballistic. We had a good laugh about it because it seemed silly. When I got home I thought what the heck and dipped my head under the rear of my fortuner. F*CK IT WAS MISSING TOO!

We both park in a secured office building at the corner of herrera and ayala. We still haven't established the exact date we lost the tires and we are not certain if it did occur in the building. My car has been in the garage since sunday coz my family and I flew to boracay. I only drove it to work today, Greenbelt 2 car park for lunch and Mandarin Hotel for cocktails. My wife only recalls taking the car to Shang mall, megamall and greenhills during the past week. I know our tires are covered by the insurance but to save ourselves the hassle in the future I advice everyone to get a decent lock for the spare tires.

Thats all folks.

BTW, the chains are in one piece and so is the bracket. I don't know how they did it but they did. HASSLE!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang pathetic talaga ng ibang tao, pati sparetire tinitira.

The first thing police should've done is to look out for shops selling sparetires. For sure naman, dun babagsak ang mga yan e.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mukhang target ang mga Fortuners lately ah.

A recent post in GT also reported a Fortuner's spare tire stolen, suspected while it was left parked for around 3hrs, at the parking lot of SM Southmall in the afternoon of April 24th.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mga pre, saan po ba nakalagay ang spare tires ng Fortunner? Di kaya tinira ito nung pinapaservice ninyo ito sa CASA or sa favorite ninyong talyer? Nangyayari iyon mga pards.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Mga pre, saan po ba nakalagay ang spare tires ng Fortunner? Di kaya tinira ito nung pinapaservice ninyo ito sa CASA or sa favorite ninyong talyer? Nangyayari iyon mga pards.
    Sa ilalim.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    madali kasi kuhanin ang spare tire ng fortuner, sobra taas eh.

i guess that's the disadvantage of a car with very high ground clearance

I suppose 4x4 pickups are also targets.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Oo nga baka sa casa/talyer nga tinira ito. Imposible namang sa guarded parking lot/space dinale ito. Sa laki nu'ng gulong at sa hirap baklasin ito, imposibleng di mapansin ng ibang tao ito.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Oo nga baka sa casa/talyer nga tinira ito. Imposible namang sa guarded parking lot/space dinale ito. Sa laki nu'ng gulong at sa hirap baklasin ito, imposibleng di mapansin ng ibang tao ito.
    If you saw someone taking out the spare tire from an SUV you don't know sisitahin mo ba? Probably not, you'd just think he was out to change the tire.

Malamang tatabihan lang nila yung victim car, labas pa ng jack or whatever pang-props, take the tire and then load it onto their vehicle. Nobody would know better, unless the owner himself catches the thieves in the act.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yes, yan ang isang perfected ng isang criminal mind robber, he can act like the owner of the car.

yan talaga hirap pag sobra popular ng car, thieves know where to look and what to steal. same thing that happened to the ever popular pajero FM, kahit lagyan ng immobilizer, nakukuha pa din

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    If you saw someone taking out the spare tire from an SUV you don't know sisitahin mo ba? Probably not, you'd just think he was out to change the tire.

Malamang tatabihan lang nila yung victim car, labas pa ng jack or whatever pang-props, take the tire and then load it onto their vehicle. Nobody would know better, unless the owner himself catches the thieves in the act.
    Usually naman, merong mga alarms yan di ba? Konting tabig mo nga lang sa kotse, aatungal na yung alarm. It would mean na di kanila yung vehicle. Lalo na kung paulit-ulit na yung alarm. Well, kung nagagawan din nila ng paraan para mai-"mute" yung alarm, sa kanila. Galing talaga ng mga magnanakaw ngayon.

Useles din pala yang mg "robbing guards" ehe, roving guards, kung di nila napapansin yung mga nangyayaring ganyan.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Fortuner Spare Tire Thefts