New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    went to this casa yesterday, for our explorer's 5000km service, about 9am and took it about past 2pm...

parang late instinct, I checked the dipstick, and noticed that past the max ang oil level... again, I made another check early morning today, at talagang past max level ang engine oil -- mga two fingers from the max point.

at eto pa, sa charge sheet, meron labor charge about 500 na dapat free, at yong nakasulat na 10w30 ay pinatungan ng another ballpen with different strokes at nakalagay 5w30.

I filed a complain with their customer relations... and I demanded a full refund. After an hour, CR, called me if pwede daw dalhin na lang ang unit sa convenient time ko para marectify nila error...

Going back before I left the unit, yong SA -- Brian, offered synthetic oil, which I answered with a question, eh kailan ba ang ang next service? sagot ng SA -- 10K next 20k, eh di sinagot ko sya, that's useless! mineral lang ang ikarga mo, tsaka na mag synthetic after 10k....

Follow-up question ko was, ano pala grade ng mineral oil nyo?
    SA: 15w30 po, yan po nilalagay namin sa mga gas models
    me: what? eh nasa manual 5w30, punta nga tayo sa parts...

sa madaling kwento, parts told me na 5w30 daw ang oil nila at naka-drum daw yon, at humingi ng sorry yong SA at nalito lang daw sya..note: HILO na sa trabaho at 9am?

at this time, I got three choices left:

1) punta sa shell at bawasan ng oil, or completely drain the oil and pour on a new one

2) punta sa ibang ford dealer, aside from ford balintawak (sister company ng ford QA) and flush the oil, and pay again, 3400 pesos for my peace of mind.

3) balik sa ford QA... at malamang bawasan lang nila ang oil

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    ayaw mo nun .. meron kang extra oil .. hehe ..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I honestly think you file a written complaint sa management (wag lang sa SA, dahil useless din), take pics of the overfilling and scan the receipts...

Then pa drain mo asap yung excess sa gas station... Tapos find a different dealership to do your PMS sa future coz baka may bullseye na yung unit mo sa current casa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo tyak markado na ang ride mo sa casa na yan kaya hanap ka na ng bagong dealership for your future PMS. grabe they should train their SA's hirap ng ganyan hinuhulaan ang ginagawa. buti hindi "cooking oil" inilagay sa engine mo tsk tsk tsk.
    Last edited by jim; January 13th, 2006 at 06:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung ako iyan, babalik ko sa ford qa, papagawa ko ang dapat gawin, di ko aalisin ang mata ko habang ginagawa nila para sure na di gumawa ng kalokohan. ang liit liit ng service area ng ford qa tapos nagkakaganun pa sila!!!

drain lang iyung oil pwede na.
    isa pa pala, to all the peeps na mag change oil na...

never get the oil if it is transferred by bulk (naka drum tapos takal by liter). serious contaminations can occur...
    always get the oil packed in 1lit or 1qrt. contaminations can be zero or minimal.
    for all we know, they might have excess oil from a previous oil change and pour it in the engine without you knowing it.... thats one way of getting extra income...
    its just like buying 1 bottle of mineral water from a convenient store. instead of you getting it from the ref (packed and sealed), you go to the counter and they pour you 1 bottle. would you want that? i won't!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    return it to qa, let them drain the excess oil within your sight. let them thoroughly clean the spills and transfer to other ford branches for your next pm.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for your replies...

points taken:

- will file a written complaint to ford philippines, and let ford qa answer, and as theveed's reco, I will include photocopies of reciept/job order/parts supplied

- will raise question about using oil directly taken from the drum, as raised by banawe online

- and I will also include the name of ADELANTADA CR, where, from my count I have mentioned more than 5 times in course of our conversation why I went to Ford QA -- to have 5kPMS

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    thanks for your replies...

points taken:

- will file a written complaint to ford philippines, and let ford qa answer, and as theveed's reco, I will include photocopies of reciept/job order/parts supplied

- will raise question about using oil directly taken from the drum, as raised by banawe online

- and I will also include the name of ADELANTADA CR, where, from my count I have mentioned more than 5 times in course of our conversation why I went to Ford QA -- to have 5kPMS
    sir,
    just for added info. most dealers are like that because it is way way cheaper to buy in bulk than to buy it repacked. but for the cleanliness and contamination issue, they don't give a shi*.

sample lang...
    toyota thunder services are like that. naka large containers ang oil kaya mas cheaper ang thunder services as compared to the toyota main shop inside.

9. jagxtrm Guest
    redhorse,

'blacklisted' sa amin ang ford qa ... kahit malapit kami dun, sa ibang ford kami nagpapa-service.

check out other opinions in www.fordclubph.com

Ford QA check your oil level before leaving