New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Be xtra careful when fetching someone from the airport. Those arriving should be discreet with what you bring and what you wear...

MANILA, Philippines -- Three members of a Chinese-Filipino family, including an elderly woman, aboard a van were shot and injured by motorcycle-riding men who robbed them Sunday morning at a stoplight of an intersection along the Roxas Boulevard Service Road in Paranaque City.

The driver and head of the family, Ruben Chua, 44, of 12th Street, New Manila, Quezon City, although wounded in the back, managed to drive from Parañaque City to Manila, to bring his wounded 41-year-old wife Joslyn, and mother-in-law Clarita Jo, 69, to a hospital. Only 13-year-old Denzel Chua escaped from the shooting unscathed.

Manila Police District (MPD) Ermita Station 5 operatives immediately responded to the scene when Chua’s red Toyota Lite-Ace GXL van (UFK-695) crashed into a tree near the Manila Diamond Hotel at the corner of Roxas Boulevard and Dr. J. Quintos Street in Malate.

In his report, SPO1 Reynaldo Ferrer of the MPD station 5 said that the Chuas were attacked at around 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, several minutes after the Chua couple fetched their 13-year-old son and his 69-year-old grandmother from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

Ferrer said that when the Toyota Lite-Ace stopped for a red light at an intersection along the Roxas Boulevard Service Road, two motorcycle-riding men armed with 9mm pistols approached the van on the two sides and ordered the passengers to open the doors.

When Chua refused to give in to the demand, the man near him started to fire shots at him and the van’s occupants. Chua was hit in the back when he protected his son with his body. His wife sustained a bullet wound in the right foot, while Jo was shot in the left foot. The teenager, who was seated in the front passenger seat, was spared from the hail of bullets let loose by the suspects.

The robbers then forced open the van, divested the injured passengers of their belongings, and fled with the loot aboard their motorcycle.

Although injured, Chua drove the van to the Manila Doctors’ Hospital through Roxas Boulevard. But upon reaching the corner of Roxas Boulevard and Quintos Street, Chua fainted from loss of blood causing the van to swerve and crash into a tree.

Manila Diamond Hotel security guard Randy Gallardo saw the crash and immediately sought police assistance after which he and taxi driver Edgar Urata brought the victims to the Ospital ng Maynila.

The case investigator said that the wounded women were treated at the hospital while Chua was later transferred to the Metropolitan Hospital for surgery.

Ferrer revealed that taken from Chua was an undetermined amount of cash. His wife lost a Nine West bag containing US$700; P8,000, two passports, a mobile phone, and credit cards. The robbers also stole a Nine West bag from Jo, containing P10,000 in cash, a mobile phone and several credit cards.

The case was turned over to the Parañaque City police for investigation and the conduct of follow-up operations against the robbers.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Props to good samaritan taxi driver Edgar Urata.

Just one reason having the death penalty might be a good idea eh? But ofcourse! We're too much of a church people to allow extermination of crooks, robbers and hooligans, even for the sake of peace and order.

I'm sure our VERY COMPETENT policemen will catch those thieves in no time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    Props to good samaritan taxi driver Edgar Urata.

Just one reason having the death penalty might be a good idea eh? But ofcourse! We're too much of a church people to allow extermination of crooks, robbers and hooligans, even for the sake of peace and order.

I'm sure our VERY COMPETENT policemen will catch those thieves in no time.
    I sure hope the vigilantes will make their presence felt again, a few corpses of these robbers scattered around NCR should serve as a deterrent. I'm a churchgoer too, but the sooner somebody makes the souls of these scumbags go to hell earlier, the happier I'll be.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    wala ng pili sa oras ang mga demonyo....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Saan kaya iyong Roxas Blvd Service Road? Grabe talaga ang nangyayari rito sa atin.....

8800:juggle:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala pa masyadong dalang pera yan.. ano yan napag trip-an lang?? this could happen to anyone.. grabe na talaga mga holdappers ngayon.. tsk tsk tsk.. i agree dapat ibalik na ang death penalty!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Vigilante na lang. Palpak yung sistema ng hustisya dito sa 'pinas, puro pulitika. Hanapin na lang sa kangkungan mga walang-silbi na yan.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Vigilante na lang. Palpak yung sistema ng hustisya dito sa 'pinas, puro pulitika. Hanapin na lang sa kangkungan mga walang-silbi na yan.
    Amen. If it worked in DAVAO, I think it will do wonders in MANILA. Masyado na garapal ang mga ito.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I sure hope the vigilantes will make their presence felt again, a few corpses of these robbers scattered around NCR should serve as a deterrent. I'm a churchgoer too, but the sooner somebody makes the souls of these scumbags go to hell earlier, the happier I'll be.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Saan kaya iyong Roxas Blvd Service Road? Grabe talaga ang nangyayari rito sa atin.....

8800:juggle:
    Sa may Pasay.. Mayor Peewee ain't doing something about it. Just like the number of corrupt district police slash traffic aide he have.. Hoy Gising

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Amen. If it worked in DAVAO, I think it will do wonders in MANILA. Masyado na garapal ang mga ito.
    Agree.. It also helps if NCR will also have Bounty Hunters.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another reason why gun control laws in our country don't work. Only the bad guys have 'em.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Fil-Chinese family robbed, shot in Paranaque