New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys,

I would just like to share my story. The past few days, we have been experiencing hellish traffic here in the metro. Trip times more than doubled for some. This heavy traffic was caused, in large part, by a unqualified driver.

Recently, my mother drove drunk. Unfortunately, she hit another car. To add to that, her license is FAKE.

She stayed in the Balintawak traffic office for a week, but this is mostly due to Glenda. She paid a fine of P5000 and was let of the hook, despite the fact that the name on her license did not match the name on her documents, and to add to that she was not suspended as is stated in this page:

* Driving without a valid driver's license - P3,000 (from P1,500) plus the offender will be disqualified from being granted a driver's license or from driving a motor vehicle for one year from the payment of the fine;

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...fic-violations

The people there just asked her to get a new license. Now she is planning to skip the steps in getting a new license, by claiming a lost license. (She got her previous license through a fixer, but was confiscated, so she got a fake license)

She is my mother, but she does not belong on the road (as is the case with many other drivers). And this case should have proven enough to rid her from it, at least for a year

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dodongo View Post
    Hi guys,

I would just like to share my story. The past few days, we have been experiencing hellish traffic here in the metro. Trip times more than doubled for some. This heavy traffic was caused, in large part, by a unqualified driver.

Recently, my mother drove drunk. Unfortunately, she hit another car. To add to that, her license is FAKE.

She stayed in the Balintawak traffic office for a week, but this is mostly due to Glenda. She paid a fine of P5000 and was let of the hook, despite the fact that the name on her license did not match the name on her documents, and to add to that she was not suspended as is stated in this page:

* Driving without a valid driver's license - P3,000 (from P1,500) plus the offender will be disqualified from being granted a driver's license or from driving a motor vehicle for one year from the payment of the fine;

DOTC releases revised fines, penalties on traffic violations | TopGear.com.ph

The people there just asked her to get a new license. Now she is planning to skip the steps in getting a new license, by claiming a lost license. (She got her previous license through a fixer, but was confiscated, so she got a fake license)

She is my mother, but she does not belong on the road (as is the case with many other drivers). And this case should have proven enough to rid her from it, at least for a year
    Most likely the 5k she paid was a bribe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TS

No offense but first of all WTF is wrong with your mom?

driving drunk with a fake license, luckily she got off the hook with the price of 5K.

She still can be on the road as a passenger, but driving behind the wheels?

Do everyone a favor never ever let her drive again.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Consider getting her a chauffeur and that should be the end of it.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TS be a parent to your mother, talk some sense to her. she does not belong on the road as you have said.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Better get her off the road before she hurts herself or worse someone else.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am sure there is more to this than what we are reading..
    i with to know more, before rendering opinion.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Totoo kaya ang kwento na eto... alam na naman nyo na fake ang license nang nanay nyo pinababayaan nyo?

bakit hindi na lang kumuha nang totoong license noon pa.

hmmmm....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's smells like **** it must be BS

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    heeyyy...
    aka armored van as daily driver thread-alike?
    heh heh.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast