New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Below is a video clip from a few nights ago on my way home. That particular digital billboard is directly facing the northbound lane of Pres. Osmena Highway as you approach Pres. Quirino Ave.

The LED light from the digital billboard, combined with falling rain and a wet/highly-reflective road, causes severe glare to oncoming drivers. VERY hazardous, IMO.

I think that the billboard is too low and positioned almost directly at line-of-sight to everyone. And even more obvious, it's too bright for use at night... ruins drivers' night vision.

How do we bring this up to the attention of the people involved in giving permits for such monstrosity?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Below is a video clip from a few nights ago on my way home. That particular digital billboard is directly facing the northbound lane of Pres. Osmena Highway as you approach Pres. Quirino Ave.

The LED light from the digital billboard, combined with falling rain and a wet/highly-reflective road, causes severe glare to oncoming drivers. VERY hazardous, IMO.

I think that the billboard is too low and positioned almost directly at line-of-sight to everyone. And even more obvious, it's too bright for use at night... ruins drivers' night vision.

How do we bring this up to the attention of the people involved in giving permits for such monstrosity?

It's gonna cause some accidents.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Meron din sa may ever gotesco recto. Nakakainis, sakit sa mata.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Inis na inis rin ako sa may libis at sa bagong ilog flyover alongC5 meron yan...Wala bang proper guidelines yan?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yung sa guadalupe din sa edsa sobrang liwanag minsan..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Add ko rin yung sa EDSA Northbound, just before you reach the Shaw Underpass.
    Parang may isang libong kotseng may HID na naka tapat sa yo.

Tapos, madalas puro commercial ng SMART ang pinapalabas sa LED billboard na yon. EH yung mga commercial ng SMART, puro puti yung background.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Kahit yung mismong 'bulletin board' ng MMDA along edsa, nakakasilaw!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Not unless we experience a storm of such proportion that these billboards become a hazard, the authorities won't bother with complaints since those make a lot of money. In my opinion, there are just too many billboards lighted, digital or not on Edsa. They are a distraction. Wasn't there a law created right after one of the strong typhoons where a lot of billboards where blown down? The powers that be seem to have short memories since they have allowed so many to be put up again.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Not unless we experience a storm of such proportion that these billboards become a hazard, the authorities won't bother with complaints since those make a lot of money. In my opinion, there are just too many billboards lighted, digital or not on Edsa. They are a distraction. Wasn't there a law created right after one of the strong typhoons where a lot of billboards where blown down? The powers that be seem to have short memories since they have allowed so many to be put up again.
    Panay $$$ at pansariling kapakanan lang iniisip ng mga legislators natin.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    masyadong nakaka-libang minsan ang lighted globe sa harap ng mall of asia. i have had close a call. i knock myself in the head pag napapatingin ako while driving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Extremely-Bright Digital Billboards