New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Malas lang col.........

Marcelino presents Army certification during inquest

Marcelino presents Army certification during inquest | Inquirer News

“I will never betray my country,” former drug buster Lt. Col. Ferdinand Marcelino declared on Friday, a day after he was arrested during a drug raid in Manila that yielded P320 million worth of high-grade “shabu” (methamphetamine hydrochloride).
    Although handcuffed, Marcelino, a former head of the Special Enforcement Service of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), raised his fists defiantly, insisting he was on a mission when police and his former colleagues pounced on him and his Chinese companion in an apartment in Sta. Cruz district that turned out to be a clandestine drug laboratory.
    “This is the price I have to pay for doing my job for this country. Rest assured that I will never betray this nation,” Marcelino, an officer in the Marines, told reporters as he left the Department of Justice, where he was taken yesterday morning for investigation.

“This is also the price I have to pay for being passionate and for my love to rid this country of illegal drugs. I’m just doing my job. The truth will prevail,” said the former top antinarcotics agent, surrounded by police and PDEA officers.
    Inquest proceedings
    Dressed in an orange detainee’s shirt and wearing slippers, Marcelino underwent six-hour inquest proceedings before Senior State Prosecutor Theodore Villanueva.
    He sat beside Yan Yi Shou, a Chinese citizen who was arrested with him during the raid on Celadon Residence apartment block at Felix Huertas and Batangas early on Thursday. Yan is a former interpreter for the PDEA.
    The two are facing no-bail charges for manufacturing, conspiring to manufacture and possession of illegal drugs.
    Police and PDEA agents seized 64 kilos of shabu (also known as crystal meth), chemicals and equipment for making the illegal drug in the Sta. Cruz apartment.
    During the proceedings, Villanueva told Marcelino that he could be readily released if he could show an order authorizing his presence at the drug laboratory. Such an order would prove that he was there on an official mission.
    It took hours for Marcelino to obtain a certification from the Philippine Army’s Intelligence Security Group that he was indeed working as an intelligence agent for the military.
    The certification, signed by Col. Marlo Guloy, the group commander, and sent to the inquest prosecutor just before 5 p.m., said Marcelino “has shared intelligence information to this unit from November to December 2015 with regard to suspected Philippine Army personnel engaged in the use of drugs and other illegal drug activities.”
    Marcelino was given the task as part of the military’s efforts to stamp out drug use among soldiers through mandatory random drug testing.
    ‘Immaterial’
    But Chief Insp. Roque Merdegia, spokesperson for the Philippine National Police Anti-Illegal Drugs Group (PNP-AIDG), said the Army certification was “immaterial.”
    “It did not categorically [say] that he was authorized to operate [in Manila],” Merdegia said.
    Villanueva said the document was too broad, and he wanted a more explicit certification. Marcelino agreed to remain detained while undergoing preliminary investigation.
    Villanueva set the first hearing for Jan. 27 at 2 p.m.
    Later, in an interview, Marcelino expressed confidence that he could obtain a certification from the military.
    “It’s not that it (the certification filed) was not honored. The [prosecutor] just requested [a more detailed one] until Wednesday. But that’s OK,” he said.
    Pressed if an order indeed exists, Marcelino said: “I have nothing to hide. Although there are some confidential papers, you know how it is.”
    Earlier in the day, Marcelino’s lawyer, Dennis Manalo, said the document would “come from the military officer who will be authorized for this purpose.”
    “Right now he’s in the process of providing documentation as to his status as a military intelligence [agent],” Manalo told reporters.
    ‘Misencounter’
    “This is clearly a misencounter on the part of the agents of the PDEA and on the part of his efforts to help in curbing illegal drugs in the country,” he said.
    Reached by phone, Marcelino’s former PDEA boss, retired Gen. Dionisio Santiago, vouched for his former top agent’s honesty.
    “I can vouch for him. [On] my watch, I knew that he was upright. There were situations when he [needed] money to help his family, but he never asked help from us,” said Santiago, recalling family emergencies when Marcelino refused to seek financial aid from the PDEA.
    “I remember him once saying “I am handling a lot of funds (for PDEA operations) but that’s not my money. That’s [public] money,” Santiago said.
    He said he did not believe Marcelino could be corrupted. “If during the time he needed money he did not do anything illegal, how much more now that he is in no condition to require so much money,” he said.

No mission for the Army

Senior Supt. Antonio Gardiola Jr., PNP-AIDG head, said Marcelino cited a “statement of support” from Maj. Gen. Eduardo Año, chief of the Philippine Army, during the inquest.
    Gardiola said the statement did not amount to a mission order.
    Sent to reporters by text message, the statement said Año “vouched for [Marcelino’s] integrity.”
    Año said, however, that his “official relationship” with Marcelino ended when he left the military intelligence service in 2013.
    He said the Army would cooperate in the investigation of Marcelino.
    He’s with the Navy
    Col. Benjamin Hao, spokesperson for the Army, said it was unlikely Año signed a mission order for Marcelino, as Marcelino was now assigned to the Philippine Navy, not the Army.
    Marcelino is superintendent at the Navy Officer Candidate School. He took the job only on Monday.
    The Philippine Navy said on Thursday that Marcelino’s job did not involve drug operations.
    Marcelino cannot turn to the Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Commission (PAOCC) for a mission order. The PAOCC said yesterday that Marcelino had never been one of its agents.
    “Our records likewise show that no ongoing PAOCC operations involve Lieutenant Colonel Marcelino,” Gen. Reginald Villasanta, PAOCC executive director, said in a statement released by Malacañang. With reports from Jaymee T. Gamil and Nikko Dizon

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I pity the guy if he's really innocent.

Pang movie plot ang kwento.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    major roque merdegia (pnp-aidsotg spokesman) was a mistah.

i don't know what happened, but this guy marcelino was very passionate. i remember the late doj secretary gonzales was so incensed at him because marcelino wouldn't budge an inch and would not get intimidated by a doj secretary. he was a marine major at that time. taohan ni general dionisio erstwhile director general of pdea. ano kaya ang katotohanan nito?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^Oo nga eh. Ano nga kaya ang mga version ng kwento sa media ang totoo? Sayang naman ang 1 tulad nya kung sakaling talagang nilamon na sya ng siste ng drug suppliers dito sa pinas

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parehas din ang aming pagkakilala sa kanya katulad sa sinabi ni Santiago.
    Literally katabi lang ng bahay ko yung family house ng mga in-laws nya dito sa amin. Lahat ng in-laws nya ay nasa states, pero ang asawa nyang dentista at pamilya ay nagpaiwan dito.

Ang tatay ko hindi talaga makapaniwala sa kanyang sinapit at ito rin ang topic namin kanina.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Parehas din ang aming pagkakilala sa kanya katulad sa sinabi ni Santiago.
    Literally katabi lang ng bahay ko yung family house ng mga in-laws nya dito sa amin. Lahat ng in-laws nya ay nasa states, pero ang asawa nyang dentista at pamilya ay nagpaiwan dito.

Ang tatay ko hindi talaga makapaniwala sa kanyang sinapit at ito rin ang topic namin kanina.

sila yung nakahuli sa mga "alabang boys." class 94.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    sila yung nakahuli sa mga "alabang boys." class 94.
    Tama ka dyan ser JM... sabi nga sa amin na malaking halaga ang alok sa kanya noon na di nya pinatulan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Tama ka dyan ser JM... sabi nga sa amin na malaking halaga ang alok sa kanya noon na di nya pinatulan.

baka nasilaw. may mga ganyan siguro. very idealistic in the beginning but naging jaded in the end.

i'm sure they're already verifying marcelino's lifestyle now. most of the time, dyan nag- umpisa. babae, gambling, expensive cars, jewelries, watches, real or personal properties. lifestyle na di kaya matustusan ng sweldo ng isang empleyado sa gobyerno.

i read this from MB:

"HOW IT ALL STARTED

Merdegia said the operation started in November last year when they were tipped off about a storage facility inside a posh subdivision somewhere in Sta. Cruz, Manila.

Later on, he said they established that the storage facility was at #15, Block 17, Lot 6 at the Celadon Residences in Sta. Cruz.

'We were able to secure a search warrant for it on Saturday but our operatives have continuously monitoring the activity inside in the hope of arresting some people,' said Merdegia.

The official said the operators of the illegal drugs facility were very careful, adding that they received a tip-off that the operators themselves have been monitoring the presence of anti-narcotics operatives.

'Early morning of Thursday, a vehicle went inside and registered to the guardhouse. We found out that people inside the car were heading to the target townhouse,' said Merdegia.

'They have a key on the townhouse and a few minutes after they entered, it was then that the raid was carried out,' he added.

SURPRISED

'When the raid was conducted, they found two people inside but they were not able to recognize him first because it was very dark inside,' said Merdegia.

He said the PDEA operatives got a surprise of their life when they recognized one of the two people inside as Marcelino.

Aside from Marcelino, also nabbed as Yan Yi Shou who turned out to be personally reporting toMarcelino when he was still the head of the PDEA-SES as interpreter.

'Their names were not even on our list. Our target is the townhouse because of the report that it has been serving as a storage faciluty for shabu,' said Merdegia.

It was then that they also found out that the townhouse is not only a storage facility but actually a clandestine shabu laboratory.

'The shabu were in a freezing stage and were contained in a four large plastic rectangular trays. I think the two have been trying to move the illegal drugs out when the raid was conducted,' said Merdegia.

Based on the prevailing street value of shabu, the seized illegal drugs amount to P300 million.

AWKWARD MOMENT

During the raid, the PDEA agents were surprised on the presence of Marcelino. Some of the operating agents reportedly worked with him in the past.

Some of the PDEA agents are reportedly confused on what to do with Marcelino after the arrest.

But it was then that PDEA Director General Arturo Cacdac arrived and was told by his agents that Marcelino was inside.

A fuming Cacdac reportedly lashed out at Marcelino inside the townhouse and personally ordered his men to arrest the military official.

Both Cacdac and Marcelino are products of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA). Cacdac graduated at the PMA in 1978 while Marcelino is a member of PMA Class 1994.

ON A MISSION

In an interview at Camp Crame, Marcelino claimed that he is on a mission targeting illegal drugs operations, the reason why he was present in the area when the raid was conducted.

He claimed to be currently assigned at the Intelligence Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

Interior Secretary Mel Senen Sarmiento debunked the claim of Marcelino that the latter was on an illegal drugs mission.

'I talked with CS (AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Hernando Iriberri) and he told me that he (Marcelino) has no authority to conduct special anti-drugs operation,' said Sarmiento.

Marcelino is now detained at the AIDG jail facility inside Camp Crame in Quezon City."

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    JM, usually ba babae ang dahilan kumbalit nasisilaw ang mgA ideal police

Kasi sobramg cool dba pag idealistic , mas cooler pag may chikababes Naacknowledge ang katapangan then after 3 years, lilipat sa maya man chikababes, yun Siguro masa kit no!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    baka nasilaw. may mga ganyan siguro. very idealistic in the beginning but naging jaded in the end.

i'm sure they're already verifying marcelino's lifestyle now. most of the time, dyan nag- umpisa. babae, gambling, expensive cars, jewelries, watches, real or personal properties. lifestyle na di kaya matustusan ng sweldo ng isang empleyado sa gobyerno.

i read this from MB:

"HOW IT ALL STARTED

Merdegia said the operation started in November last year when they were tipped off about a storage facility inside a posh subdivision somewhere in Sta. Cruz, Manila.

Later on, he said they established that the storage facility was at #15, Block 17, Lot 6 at the Celadon Residences in Sta. Cruz.

'We were able to secure a search warrant for it on Saturday but our operatives have continuously monitoring the activity inside in the hope of arresting some people,' said Merdegia.

The official said the operators of the illegal drugs facility were very careful, adding that they received a tip-off that the operators themselves have been monitoring the presence of anti-narcotics operatives.

'Early morning of Thursday, a vehicle went inside and registered to the guardhouse. We found out that people inside the car were heading to the target townhouse,' said Merdegia.

'They have a key on the townhouse and a few minutes after they entered, it was then that the raid was carried out,' he added.

SURPRISED

'When the raid was conducted, they found two people inside but they were not able to recognize him first because it was very dark inside,' said Merdegia.

He said the PDEA operatives got a surprise of their life when they recognized one of the two people inside as Marcelino.

Aside from Marcelino, also nabbed as Yan Yi Shou who turned out to be personally reporting toMarcelino when he was still the head of the PDEA-SES as interpreter.

'Their names were not even on our list. Our target is the townhouse because of the report that it has been serving as a storage faciluty for shabu,' said Merdegia.

It was then that they also found out that the townhouse is not only a storage facility but actually a clandestine shabu laboratory.

'The shabu were in a freezing stage and were contained in a four large plastic rectangular trays. I think the two have been trying to move the illegal drugs out when the raid was conducted,' said Merdegia.

Based on the prevailing street value of shabu, the seized illegal drugs amount to P300 million.

AWKWARD MOMENT

During the raid, the PDEA agents were surprised on the presence of Marcelino. Some of the operating agents reportedly worked with him in the past.

Some of the PDEA agents are reportedly confused on what to do with Marcelino after the arrest.

But it was then that PDEA Director General Arturo Cacdac arrived and was told by his agents that Marcelino was inside.

A fuming Cacdac reportedly lashed out at Marcelino inside the townhouse and personally ordered his men to arrest the military official.

Both Cacdac and Marcelino are products of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA). Cacdac graduated at the PMA in 1978 while Marcelino is a member of PMA Class 1994.

ON A MISSION

In an interview at Camp Crame, Marcelino claimed that he is on a mission targeting illegal drugs operations, the reason why he was present in the area when the raid was conducted.

He claimed to be currently assigned at the Intelligence Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

Interior Secretary Mel Senen Sarmiento debunked the claim of Marcelino that the latter was on an illegal drugs mission.

'I talked with CS (AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Hernando Iriberri) and he told me that he (Marcelino) has no authority to conduct special anti-drugs operation,' said Sarmiento.

Marcelino is now detained at the AIDG jail facility inside Camp Crame in Quezon City."
    Marcelino as drug lord ?out of character? | News | GMA News Online
    Maybe these guys knows more about this guy than anybody else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast