New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    philippines really going down the drain. been riding my bike a lot lately coz the weather has been pretty good

but every few hundred meters there ALWAYS someone burning trash, leaves, grass, plastics, whatever

along the road are antiquated jeeps spewing out black smoke. trikes and motorcycles w/ open pipes making a crazy loud racket. not to mention polluting 2-strokers

this is just totally phucked-up! i think i have to move

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are actually laws for all of those. Sadly, in the Philippines, laws are mere guidelines to follow when convenient. The people who are suppose to implement the laws are too overwhelmed by the number of violators and would rather spend their limited resources to more important ones.

What the government should do is to increase the fines to 10-30x what they are now and then to give an incentive to the law enforcers. Like say give them a percentage of the fine. Kahit 20% lang sa law enforcer e ewan ko naman kung di magsipag sa paghuli yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That's strictly imposed in Manila. If we try to burn garbage we are sure to get a knock on the door from the guards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm taking up biking myself to get some exercise but the toxic air I'm inhaling is likely negating the benefits.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I used to run in the morning from Freesco to the Quezon elliptical road and make around 15 laps and back. When the pollution index went up I stopped because you ingest all the fumes and smoke even at 0300L.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    There are actually laws for all of those. Sadly, in the Philippines, laws are mere guidelines to follow when convenient. The people who are suppose to implement the laws are too overwhelmed by the number of violators and would rather spend their limited resources to more important ones.

What the government should do is to increase the fines to 10-30x what they are now and then to give an incentive to the law enforcers. Like say give them a percentage of the fine. Kahit 20% lang sa law enforcer e ewan ko naman kung di magsipag sa paghuli yan.
    Well ginagawa yan ng MMDA but they got too interested in catching speeding violators on northbound Commonwealth Ave instead of managing the horrendous traffic jam on the southbound lane in the mornings.