New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    A few minutes ago, in sta mesa area near p.sanchez, a black isuzu dmax with plate number EVA 15 is in front of me during stop and go traffic. Suddenly the pickup started moving backwards towards my direction. No amount of honking from my side would make it stop and after 2 seconds it hit the hood of my car.

There is a dent in the car's hood due to the collision (good thing the headlights were not hit). Being mindful of the ongoing cars behind, i let the incident pass and moved away.

To the driver of the said pickup, you might want to check the amenities of you car and use the handbrake/footbrake in the future to prevent a similar situation from happening again. Let this also serve as a reminder to our fellow drivers to use the handbrake/footbrake as it is there for a reason...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ano yun TS thank you na lang? Badtrip yan!

OT

Ako naman from stop asa harap ko fieldmaster. Light turned red, he put his gear on "P" nag green yung light instead sa D sa reverse niya nailagay at umapak pa sa gas (talaga naman!) ayun dent and basag headlight ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    What you called hand brakes are actually parking brakes. And nobody parks in traffic. What happened to your car is unfortunate but the driver in front should be given a citation for inattentive driving causing damage to another vehicle. If the vehicle 1 (truck in front) is found to have defective brakes, it should be made mandatory for the owner to have it repaired before it goes back on the road. But, too bad, philippine traffic laws are ineffective and more than likely unenforceable specially most of the enforcers are on foot and most likely do nt know how to deal with the situation. It becomes wishful thinking.

Nakiki wi-fi lang

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I experienced the opposite twice. Cars hit me from behind when I stop. Buti na lang truck ang dala ko, hehe.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    TS pano mo kinaya na palampasin na lang yun?!

Dami nga sa kalsada naten ganyan, fortunately hindi pa ko natatamaan. I always leave enough space though, especially sa inclined.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    but given the scenario, and applying philippine laws (if there's any), is there a possibility of the TS being blamed for not leaving enough space for the vehicle in front to "accidentally" or mistakenly roll back due to driver's error?

naisip ko lang kasi, pano kung walang dashcam?

i've seen an incident kasi way back in college. nakaupo ako sa front seat ng jeep, stop and go traffic sa quezon ave-pantranco intersection. the adventure in front umatras bigla (gravity, sa incline kasi). yung jeep todo busina just like TS but advie didn't stop till their bumpers met. bumaba yung driver after a minute with a gun bulging in his shirt tapos sinisi yung jeep dahil nakatutok daw pero may 2ft of clearance naman talaga. advie left without any action scene though.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Eto yung lugar na pataas na bago yung intersection papuntang G.Araneta at SM Sta. Mesa? Pag nandyan ako sir ang distansya ko, tanaw ko plaka niya dami engot magmaneho sa ganyan.

Dapat hindi mo pinalampas ang incident kase mamimihasa yan at baka isipin pa nung driver ng D-Max na ok lang at maiintindihan ng masasagi niya yun.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    What you called hand brakes are actually parking brakes. And nobody parks in traffic. What happened to your car is unfortunate but the driver in front should be given a citation for inattentive driving causing damage to another vehicle. If the vehicle 1 (truck in front) is found to have defective brakes, it should be made mandatory for the owner to have it repaired before it goes back on the road. But, too bad, philippine traffic laws are ineffective and more than likely unenforceable specially most of the enforcers are on foot and most likely do nt know how to deal with the situation. It becomes wishful thinking.

Nakiki wi-fi lang
    Bulol post ba yan?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I fckin hate this too. Kaya malalaman ko agad eh kung MT dala ng nasa harapan ko. Maraming beses ko na to naexperience pero buti hindi pa naman ako naatrasan totally. I remember one time at a stoplight, this van was slowly creepin backwards at tatama na talaga sa bumper ng sasakyan ko, so binabaran ko ng busina wala pa din, so napareverse na lang din ako hanggang sa ako naman na nababaran ng busina ng nasa likuran ko (kahit ang layo layo pa naman,but still, kinabahan din yun baka maatrasan). What the fck, right? Bababaan ko na sana eh sakto green light. Kabadtrip.

Mostly ganyan mga taxi at jeep. Mga tamad umapak sa preno. Mga walang pakialam. Mga walang modo.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post

Nakiki wi-fi lang
    IMO, applying the parking brakes while stopped at a light or in bumper-to-bumper traffic, especially if it's particularly a long stop, is in no way a bad habit, much less, illegal. It is just one of at least a couple of methods to keep the car from unintentionally creeping forward or backwards. At night, this will also spare the driver behind you from the glare of your brake lights that could last for minutes on end.

BTT: But the topic of this thread should NOT be about the driver failing to apply his parking brakes. Yes, he is obligated to keep his vehicle from hitting other vehicles with the tools available to him.... the parking brake is just one of these tools. He screwed up, plain and simple.
    Last edited by oj88; June 15th, 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast