New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Beautiful afternoon last sunday so i went cycling round my hometown here in laguna. And yeah, i saw this parked '99-'00 (judging from the tail lights) vti with a Z plate?!?! I went past by it twice just to make sure. (what's the LTO text cell number again where you text the plate number to confirm the vehicle make and model?)

AFAIK (and do correct me or confirm me about this) a car will always have one and only one plate number. Cannot be changed ever or transferred to another car. Even if it has changed ownership, engine, etc. So a Z plate on a 9 year old car is veerry suspicious to say the least.

Plus given the spate of carnapped EKs in the past few months, and the inherent desirability of that model,
    i thought i might at least make a thread about it... Anyone missing a light colored gray (not kaiser silver) vti, with/and/or a 5 points star shaped wheels out there?

(I tend to give EKs an extra glance and have a soft spot for them since i own one myself.)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    It must be a recovered carnap vehicle. The insurance comp. has likely settled with the owner which paved the way for it to be resold. Also heard in such cases, the new owner is issued a new set of plate # and the original is dropped permanently. My guess this is done for identity protection for the new owner.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    baka surplus na vti? kung surplus siya, kahit 00 model syia, pwedeng 2008 ang model niyan sa rehistro..

ewan ko lang ha.. :D

dito kasi sa amin ang daming nagplipanang trooper, pajero, at ferio (baka ferio civic na surplus ang nakita mo).. bago ang plate..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ang ibig sabihin ng "Z" starting plate is newly assigned ung number na un to a particular car regardless sa year model. So it could only mean a couple of scenarios:

1 recently recovered ung car,
    2 new import
    3 change plate number ( yes this is possible )
    4 special plate request ( iba ito sa vanity plate )
    5 other

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Crap. I accidentally made 3 threads- apologies and paki delete na lang po yung redundant ones. I like to think of myself as a fairly responsible guy and don't pass the buck, but geez the site was acting up terribly again hours ago... but nevertheless, sorry for the boo boo.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Imported/Japan Surplus Civic sedans have been finding their way into our shores for the past 3 years so this might be one of them.

There are some that come in with badges like the Vi-Rs, Ferio, etc. all of which are indicative of Japan Domestic Market or JDM versions. Some owners remove these badges to 'blend in' with the local versions or even go to the extent of replacing it with VTi, LXi, SiR badges.

A good indicator of JDM versions of the civic sedan are the distinctive hubcaps on the wheels instead of the local version of OEM alloy mags.

Ironically, some local civic sedan owners replace their badges with Ferio Vi-RS badges to make their PHDM cars look like the JDM version.

For the case at hand here, I think that there is nothing wrong with an old car sporting new plates.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    It's also possible that it had a different plate before, like government or diplomatic, and was issued a regular private plate lately lang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    maybe you can post a picture?

EK (98-00) civic with a Z**-*** plate?!?!