New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    edsa, kamias area...

hanggang ngayon, vivid pa sa memory ko na ini-scoop ng mama what appears to be brain into a plate

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nakita na rin akong muntikan nang maging ganyan...

naka scooter sila... isang girl and isang boy...

yung boy walang helmet... yung girl meron... sa gitna sila ng mga kotse dumadaan... nung paakyat na ng flyover, medyo gumewang na sila ng konti, hindi yata kaya ng scooter...

tapos biglang tumumba na lang!!! salpok yung ulo ng guy sa tabi ng container van na gumagalaw, sakto lang sa may gulong kaya naka tukod pa sila ng konti (pero bumagsak pa rin). kung nahuli lang ang truck ng 1M, eh pisat rin yung lalaki for sure.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Sa totoo lang ang motor pag nabanga ka talo pag binanga ka talo din.

Alam dapat yan ng lahat na nagmomotorcycle.

Pero matulin d hamak ang motor.

I sold my bigbike na huhuhu.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kaya nga nakakatakot kung me motor sa harap/tabi/likuran mo e...konting daplis lang e magliliparan na ung tao...

Dati ba naman, nasa buendia bandang filmore na ako, meron ba namang isang bumbay na sakay ung buong pamilya nya sa motor...sa sobrang nerbiyos ko, di ko tuloy namalayan na stop pa pala kami...ayun, namura pa ako ng trak drayber

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by theveed
    Sabi sa news nakakandong ang babae, di nakahelmet, yung lalake nakahelmet buhay pa ata, diretso sa hospital, yung babae DOA...

Pero lakas naman ng loob nung scooter nasa fastlane madaling araw....
    eh di ba si GM nga sumemplang sa c-5 dala yung symjet niya. si nick up to now naka-scooter palagi sa c-5 going to the office. pero hindi sa fastlane

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may this incident become a lesson to irresponsible motorcyclists.

tsk.tsk. what a gruesome way to die...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Helmet or none, manslaughter is still manslaughter.....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I know that I have only made a few posts on this board and I have not earned the right to contradict some of the long time posters here.

But from the brief glimpses of the bike that was shown on TV Patrol this evening, I think that the motorcycle in question was a red Honda XRM 110 cc. I could be mistaken though, I saw only part of the front left side of the bike and the handlebar.

The XRM can sustain speeds of 90-95 kmph and can outaccelerate many of the vehicles travelling on EDSA. This is not some piddling 50 cc scooter with 3.5 hp. It can hold its own on EDSA. There are also scooters with performance envelopes far better than the XRM. Some, and I repeat, some scooters have as much right to the road as their four-wheeled brethren.

Motorcyclists already know they hold their lives in their hands everytime they get on the road. That is why they pay more attention. This is why you hardly see motorcyclists who text while riding like some car drivers do.

Make no mistake. There are stupid motorcyclists as well as stupid car drivers. I'd like to think that the posters on this board are responsible car drivers. As such they should also recognize that motorcycle riders have the right to share the road. I shudder when I see certain posters and moderators write that "isang tapik lang yan" or something to that effect.

Motorcycle groups are already trying to do what they can. But they can't help it when somebody does something stupid, as you all have stories about. These guys should have been wearing helmets and wearing protective gear. They were irresponsible in that respect. They were breaking the law. But motorcyclists in proper gear who are minding the proper laws have as much right to EDSA as anyone.

I drive a Ranger and a Corolla and a dirt bike and a "bigbike" as you guys call them. But I also used to ride a Yamaha Crypton on EDSA and I didn't think that it was irresponsible to do so.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    easy to spot one, if they turn their headlights on, yong iba kahit gabi na wala pa ring ilaw, as if tataas bill nya ng meralco

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba yung batas tungkol sa motorcycles on highways? i agree with smeagol that motorcyclists (wag lang bisikleta, kuliglig, at tricycle hehe) have as much right to use the highway as car drivers, basta responsible.

although the unhelmeted lady really should have worn headgear, just as all car drivers should wear their seat belts. malay natin, it could have made a difference. (not to say that the truck driver is any less culpable in this incident, kung may pananagutan ka talaga siya)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Durog ang Ulo!!!