New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...nse-plates-are
    We sincerely wish we could completely refrain from writing about license plates or anything that has to do with the Land Transportation Office. We fear we're beginning to sound like we're in the middle of a smear campaign to discredit this government agency.

But what can we do? The stories just keep flooding our mailbox.

And speaking of flooding, here are two separate reports about how driving through a flash flood will easily damage the new-design license plates.

First, Joel Buenrostro (top photo) tells us:

I just want to share how poor the quality of the new LTO plates are. This is what happened to my front plate when I drove through knee-deep flood this afternoon (June 18). Question is: How can I have this fixed when it is screwed permanently?

Second, Anthony Demition (photo below) reports:

We found this plate here on our street (G. Molina) in Canumay East in Valenzuela City, due to the sudden rush of flood from heavy rains a while ago (June 18). Kindly post on your page so the owner can claim it. My mobile number is (0933) 260-5299.

We don't want to say anything else. You be the judge. We just want to warn you now that the floody season has begun.

Photos from Joel Buenrostro and Anthony Demition
    HI Tsikoteers.
    What do you say about this?

If this is true that new plates are this low quality, I feel like cursing LTO

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    makapal pa lata nang sardinas.. tsk tsk tsk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Geez. Ayoko na ata ikabit yung new plate ko.

Bakit pataas yung yupi?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^
    Baka may current from an open man made hole hahha

Parang ayaw ko na magbayad ng 450+ 50 pesos tapos ilang car pa yun, Profit making agency nga yang LTO na ito
    Last edited by crosswind; June 19th, 2015 at 03:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hindi ba dapat paloob ang tupi? Bakit paangat? What is the scientific explanation for this?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we might need to add something harder at behind the plate as support para hindi mayupi agad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    There is no question that the driver (1st incident) and the installer (2nd incident) are more to blame than the LTO.

In incidents like these, the durability of the plate is ONE THING and how it was installed is ANOTHER THING. There are, of course, MORE THINGS to consider if you want to assess things more accurate.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...nse-plates-are

HI Tsikoteers.
    What do you say about this?

If this is true that new plates are this low quality, I feel like cursing LTO

printing the image of the damaged plate.........

Last edited by chua_riwap; June 19th, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Weird nga na paharap yung yupi. Ang linis pa na 90 degrees. Paatras siya tapos current paharap? O paabante din takbo niya pero ang bilis ng current sa baba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I personally installed mine.

And based on my personal observation, the new plates, if not as durable, are more durable than the old ones. So, this is not an issue about the new plate's durability.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I personally installed mine.

And based on my personal observation, the new plates, if not as durable, are more durable than the old ones. So, this is not an issue about the new plate's durability.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast