New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    dapat mag karuon ng entrapment or something like that in LTO, to protect the future of the citizens and motorist. iwas accident

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by danesjr View Post
    +1 on stricter policies on driving license issuance.
    that's the root cause of the problem. next is stricter implementation of traffic rules. tignan nyo sa subic, ambabait natin mag drive.
    Agree on this 100%.

License - this is the country where a license is a merchandise you can buy.

Enforcement - yes Subic, it had a reputation of being strict so those who are aware make sure they follow. So this is not a sickness in the whole country, selective implementation lang kasi. Kung bumisita si Juan sa Subic, law-abiding citizen. Sa ibang parte ng Pilipinas, kung manghuli man, tumatangap naman ng lagay so these enforcers are not doing their job and they are also stealing from the collections.

Imagine if law is strictly implemented in the whole country, then we have a Subic like discipline. Who was the brainchild of this in Subic traffic discipline?
    Last edited by DonCamote; September 10th, 2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: clarity

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ngayon ko lang nabasa...

Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Taiwan , China ,Macau almost the same rules and regulation regarding traffic .One month vacation in macau and very satisfied in commuting bus going to different places they have designated bus stop and route number of the bus .Even though you dont know how to speak chinese you will not mislead were your going to. One thing i noticed in macau you can never see any bus ,motorcycle , cars that are smoke belcher .I dont know if they are strict on there emission or the gasoline they put in there car. Most cars are right hand drive .Drivers are discipline .It looks like they dont use horn. Lots of nice cars most i see has full body side skirt. and custom decals on it. In the evening you can hear the roaring engine and muffler.Lots of performance parts. Most of the Filipno work on autoshop as helper .A friend of mine His boss name Daniel tam who use to be an owner of auto accessory like RECARO SEAT and lots of racing parts .The owner own a red FERRARI CAR As it enter the garage you can here the roaring of the engine even not revving. They have also a racing GO CART were most of our filipino gocart racer practice in there track in Macau. Street in macau were very narrow but the drivers are very fast .They have a long bridge going to Macau Tower and has a Radar Detector on it. Have a nice time in macau all i do is to buy an accessory on my Big Bike and car.
    i guess i stayed there longer than you 'cause i heard quite a number of people using horns. this is because i've seen a number of undisciplined drivers there as well. mas madami ka siguro makikitang lokong driver dun sa november, during the Macau Gran Prix; a lot of local drivers think they are driving in the race. hahahaha. but you're also right, madami disciplined drivers in macau. nakakakita siguro ako ng lokong driver dun about once or maybe a few times a day. whereas dito sa atin, kahit saan ka lumingon meron. hahaha.

konti ang smoke belching automotives dun kasi halos lahat ng sasakyan bago. pero na-offset naman ito sa dami ng 2 stroke scooters dun. pag nag fog/mist dun di mo minsan alam kung dahil sa pollution or if it's the real thing.

what i admire, though, about the drivers in macau is their skill in parallel parking. majority there are compact cars pero meron din mga long cars ng benz and bmw na nakikita ko magaling isingit sa small parking spaces dun.

there's quite a number of performance cars nga dun. i once saw a lambo gallardo with the engine running parked on the side of the road with the driver not in sight.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCamote View Post
    Agree on this 100%.

License - this is the country where a license is a merchandise you can buy.

Enforcement - yes Subic, it had a reputation of being strict so those who are aware make sure they follow. So this is not a sickness in the whole country, selective implementation lang kasi. Kung bumisita si Juan sa Subic, law-abiding citizen. Sa ibang parte ng Pilipinas, kung manghuli man, tumatangap naman ng lagay so these enforcers are not doing their job and they are also stealing from the collections.

Imagine if law is strictly implemented in the whole country, then we have a Subic like discipline. Who was the brainchild of this in Subic traffic discipline?
    si Dick Gordon ata.. pero nag bago na siya attitude wise.. medyo masungit na now saw him in person before at Intercon

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This is a sad topic anytime I read about it because it seems like wala na tayo magagawa e. Sa Binondo, pati traffic enforcer pinapabayaan mga jeep na pumasok sa soler, tatlong sign na pinatayo sa recto papasok ng masangkay na bawal ang jeep, sige pa din ang pasok, tapos makikita mo na mag nangongolekta ng tong. So anong gagawin ko? Gusto ko murahin mga pulis pero ang kakapal ng mukha nito, di kaya ng mura lang. Pwede ko sprayan lahat ng jeepney driver ng pepper spray pero kawawa naman mga pasahero. Pati mga padyak nakaharang sa sidewalk, singit ng singit, bangain ko man ako pa din may kasalanan dahil sa bulok na batas trapiko natin. Nakakalungkot lang isipin na parang wala ng pag asa itong bansa natin talaga.

Di lang pala tangang driver ang problema, pati tangang pedestrians isa pang problema. Sa Hong Kong marunong sumunod sa pedestrian lane mga tao, dito kahit saan tatawid, mabagal pa maglakad. Walang pag asa talaga. I'm not a pessimist but

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nagpunta ako HK minsan yun nakita kong maganda dun ay yun mga driver kung saan lane sila dun lang talaga sila kahit pakurbada man hindi nawawala sa lane e dito sa atin yun linya sa kalsada andun sila hindi ko tuloy maintindihan kung para saan yun linya na yan

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sabi nga ni anonymous, the traffic rules and regulations here are merely suggestions!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Huh? The province of taiwan (sabi ng Chinese sa Mainland province lang daw yun hindi state) should be no different from the mainland.

While in Shanghai the taxi we rode in nearly hit a pedestrian for crossing even when the stop light for pedestrian was red. Mind you, most of these stop lights have timers which countdown kaya talagang pasaway din ang mga chinese, drivers and pedestrians. There was even a highlighted drunk driver who was found guilty of hitting six pedestrian and killing two.

And people there ride bikes, scooters and motorcycles without safety gears!!!! no helmets!!!!! So what if they drive at a liesurely pace, it is still dangerous.

The near hit with pedestrians and vehicles happened to us three times. Two in Shanghai and one in Nanjing. In ONE WEEK!!!!!

Maangas Philippine drivers and pedestrians? Then maybe you guys should visit China.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganun pala sa mainland China. Hehe parang sa atin. Subic is like Taipei, the rest of the Philippines is like mainland China.

What I saw in Taipei is a beautiful example of traffic discipline. Kahit maliliit na alley, sumusunod sila sa traffic. It does not seem to matter whether somebody is watching them or not, they just follow rules (as simple as that). Whether you ride the bus, taxi, private car or bikes, the city is much more pleasant to travel through.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Our traffic problem show the extent of corruption in goverment. A blind man with a professional driver's is an example. A majority of our PUV driver should not be driving at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Driver discipline - Taiwan vs Philippines