New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    di ba meron nang "road users tax" na binabayaran pag nagpapa-renew ng rehistro? tama ba?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude View Post
    di ba meron nang "road users tax" na binabayaran pag nagpapa-renew ng rehistro? tama ba?
    Exactly, before they implement another revenue generating scheme they should answer where has the 6B peso Road User Tax has gone.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hay........ to look at the brighter side - it's a good time to start commuting once that gets implemented I guess. Umiiyak na nga bulsa ko sa gas at parking sa Makati eh, dadagdag pa 'to. Olats na to the max.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hay! i guess everything thats happening today is inevitable, we've just got to live with it.

heres an excerpt from baz luhrman's "everybody's free (to wear sunscreen)"

"Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders..."

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the Phil. govt is billions of dollars in debt

expect the gov't to be very creative in coming up with ways to squeeze money out of its citizens

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wait for the day the Philippine government finds a way to tax the air we breath... It would probably be claimed to be related to the new clean air laws they would be passing soon too.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka gayahin na rin ng Pinas ang Singapore, where may tax ang:

- TV sets sa household
    - Sanitary fixtures
    - Car Stereos

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    If you drive a car ), I’ll tax the street,
    (If you try to sit ), I’ll tax your seat,
    (If you get too cold ), I’ll tax the heat,
    (If you take a walk ), I’ll tax your feet.
    Taxman.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Baka gayahin na rin ng Pinas ang Singapore, where may tax ang:

- TV sets sa household
    - Sanitary fixtures
    - Car Stereos
    In Singapore, you see where your taxes go. Walang lubak, walang kalat, walang squatter.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    In Singapore, you see where your taxes go. Walang lubak, walang kalat, walang squatter.
    In da Philippines also,you see where our taxes go-to the pockets of Corrupt politicos, overpriced or ghost projects, substandard public works, and lots of subsidies and rule bending to accomodate squatters at the expense of taxpayers.

We all see where our taxes go but collectively, we don't do enough to force real change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
DOTC opposes planned VAT on highway fees