New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    This happened two days ago to Cecile Van Straten, one of the more famous Bloggers:

Traffic was bad in Manila, but moving. Somewhere along Recto, our driver felt lost and rolled down the window to ask directions from a traffic enforcer. Instead of helping us, the traffic enforcer told him to pull over and started to scold him about some traffic violation we were not aware of.
    Our driver tried to reason calmly as the traffic enforcer continued to yell and power trip.
    Of course we are well aware he could be calmed down by some kind of bribe money, which I hate.
    So I pulled out my Press ID and told him I was covering an event at this place and I was going to be late.
    Upon seeing my Press ID, the traffic enforcer changed his voice, gave us directions and let us go.A few minutes later, the same thing happened on Rizal Avenue. Our driver felt lost, rolled down the window to ask help from a traffic enforcer. I was shocked when instead of helping us, he told us to pull over again.
    He started to scold my driver in a way that made me angry. So I pulled out my Press ID and told him the same thing, that we were going to be late for an event. But seeing my ID only made his voice louder, and I lost it.
    I told him we had not violated any traffic law, and I can’t believe he is the second guy doing this to us in the same area. I told him I would take his picture and told him, “Huwag kang rumaket.”I was kind of scared but more angry about the bribe situation. I just find it ridiculous that these people are supposed to help us, and making us pull over to scream at us really just worsens the traffic.
    As our voices got louder, I think he realized he wasn’t gonna get any bribe money from me. Finally I said good bye to him, and he said the same thing! Thank God it was over, and we left.

I onced stopped for directions in Pasay and the same thing happened to me. I thought it was a fluke until I read the above.

BEWARE
    Last edited by marg; July 27th, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Perhaps we are better off if the Government can relocate these scalawags to Scarborough or Spratlys

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My ever faithful GPS doesn't scold me the way those traffic enforcers does. :D

I seldom ask traffic enforcers for directions. But when I do, they were never hostile.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sa mga trike or jeepney drivers ako nagtatanong. mas reliable pa.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    sa mga trike or jeepney drivers ako nagtatanong. mas reliable pa.
    tama. Mas ok pa sila kesa sa mga gagong yan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TS if i may ask ano ba sinasabing violations niyo?

I agree masyado buhaya yan mga MTPB na yan! since im from manila din naman never ako nagoyo ng mga yan.

Sindakan lang diskarte niyang mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    My ever faithful GPS doesn't scold me the way those traffic enforcers does. :D

I seldom ask traffic enforcers for directions. But when I do, they were never hostile.

Indicated ba sa GPS if one way ang daan?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    An updated Citiguide map is always inside the glove compartment of our daily drive. No need to ask directions ..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yep an updated map should be in every glove box or in every phone

Some drivers kasi stop and ask for directions na medyo alanganin, i.e. in the middle of an intersection where the enforcer is. Minsan sudden stop pa

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Obstruction yata ibibigay sa yong violation. Kasi ba naman, wag makikipagusap sa buwaya, kahit good intention mo, nangangagat yan.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast