New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

My brother was a victim of these banana boys and towing thugs.

They (my bro and some friends) parked near Bistro 110 and they made sure that the place was OK meaning not on the red zone, etc.

While inside the establishment, the waiter gave them a heads up that the L3 was being towed for some reason.

When they asked why there were being towed, the banana boy said that it was a red zone and that they were parked in front of a fire hydrant.

They looked and it was a legit zone with NO hydrant!

When they questioned it some more the guy threatened to charge them with being "drunk and disorderly" (they had 2 beers each and that's it since it was still early and that they had just pretty much gotten there)

One of the thugs pushed and they pushed back. Driver of the tow truck took out a pipe and when my bro challenged him, he wouldn't attack and they wound up going around and around the tow truck like some cartoon until the fat bafoon of a tow truck driver got rid of the pipe and got back into his truck.

At theis point, the banana boy radioed for reinforcements and two more tow trucks arrived.

My bro's friends were still talking with them when the tow truck started to leave with the L3.

My bro wrapped the chain around his arm to stop the truck but it didn't work and they almost wound up tearing his arm off!

They had to rush my bro to the hospital so they decided to ask for help from a konsehal or some other high political guy to get the L3 back.

They took pictures, statements, everything.

When their contact contacted the MAPSA, they claimed that no such tow truck existed and that the banana boy who was with the truck is not on their roster. Can you say cover up?

They wound up paying the ransom for the L3.

Taking things to the next level, they wanted to file a suit. When they went back to the place where they were towed, ther ewas fresh red paint on the side walk and a newly planted fire hydrant with matching fresh cement on the spot.

They have since decided not to pursue the case since it was cover ups galore.

They did mention though that if they ever saw that banana boy and tow truck again, they would be dead men.

They're all scum bags.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    what's a banana boy do?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hmmm... there's this hidden perk of employees of ayala companies, especially ayalaland employees. They are sort of untouchable inside the CBD. If one gets apprehended for a traffic violation then they just show their IDs and off they go hassle free.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    MAPSA guys = banana boys

Their uniforms make them look like bananas

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    You don't see heavily tinted black Nissan Patrols towed, don't you?

Buwaya naman ang MAPSA kaya minsan kelangan madugas ka din lalo na kung alam mong wala ka namang maling nagawa. Yung nag-uusog nga ng sasakyan (nilabas isang sasakyan then kukunin yung isa pa sa loob) tino-tow ng mga kolokoy na ito, eh.

Pilipinas talaga....hindi na natuto.

Reminder to self: Buy a Nissan Patrol, black....heavily tinted!
    Or should I vote for Lito Lapid?....hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    So far, I've parked only in the following places in Makati CBD:

- Glorietta
    - Greenbelt
    - Dusit
    - Shangri-La
    - Manila Peninsula
    - RCBC Plaza

Notice that these places have secure parking, kaya iwas-problema sa towing. I simply won't take my chances parking on the street there, unless nasa subdivision ako. Baka ma-bwisit din lang ako sa mga buwaya.

The only time I didn't bring the car to Makati was when we had to go to DTI, kasi coding ako nung araw na yun.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    They had to rush my bro to the hospital so they decided to ask for help from a konsehal or some other high political guy to get the L3 back.
    was this risk necessary for some measly savings in parking fee? have you noticed the crew always look or behave like they're ex-convicts when actually some of them are accdg to some source? i don't know about you but if there's no legit space "for rent" available even from a distance then i just drive away. it's "pay or the highway" on this side of town unless you have a driver or a friend on standby there's no point in allowing goons of those sort to take advantage of you bec they always will. i believe this profiling business happens in both manila and qc as well.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I guess the banana boys also won't dare touch vehicles with diplomatic plates?!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't even know if those banana goons honor the towing exemption granted to physicians by the MMDA. Meron kami ni wiretap_md nun dati but I never renewed.

I also don't park on Makati streets in those rare times that I have to go there. I always seem to wind up in Greenbelt and just taking public transport to wherever I'm really going.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ay nako! na victim narin ako ng towing nayan last feb sa parking space ng executive bldg. gulat nga ako ng pag labas ko ng bldg wala na yung bike ko iniisip ko naman bitbit bitbit ko yung ignition box/cdi + naka padlock pa yung wheel + secret switch pa kaya almost impossible na carnap or else isinakay sa van...then I aproach the guard "ay na wrecker kayo ser" hay malas hindi ko na isip na ma to tow ako kasi paralell yung parking ko sa poste ng mr.donut ... gggrrr

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
DO MAPSA/MAKATI TOWING profile or select "victims"?