New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    If that happens to me, depending on the other's driver temperament, I would either:

a. stay in my vehicle and roll down my window to talk to him (pag medyo ok pa)
    b. get down from the car and talk to him. I'd try to pacify him if I can.

If naghahamon sya ng away, I'd tell him wag na lang. Not worth it for both of us. (kung kasalanan ko.. hehehe)

that's why I leave my guns sa bahay. Mahirap na.

I remember one incident in which at that time dala ko baril ko. There was this Pizza Delivery Boy nagmamadali and he crashed sa side ng Strada ko. Even though it was all his fault, he promptly got up, fished out his balisong and went at me.

I took out my gun and said, "ibaba mo yan..." Ayun. This snapped him back from his enraged state. I then told him to drop it on my passenger side.

Afterwards, nagmamakaawa na ibalik ko na lang daw yung balisong nya. Ano ako, tanga? Sabi ko na kasalanan na nga nya, mabuti't hindi ko na naisipang habulin sya para sa damages ng sasakyan ko.
    Last edited by chain; July 1st, 2005 at 09:45 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    you've done the right thing, going down to his level is a big mistake

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe. this is a strange solution....

bulk up, lift weights....

but seriously, this incident also happened to me a few months back. ganung ganung din, pinagmumumura din ako ng driver, even though, i opened up my window and verbally said sorry.

tapos bigla ba naman akong hamunin ng suntukan nung kabilang driver, bumaba sya. fearing that he might do some damage in my car (baka sipain or something), i went down also.

to my surprise, he just stands over a little bit way above my shoulder. tapos ang payat payat pa. nyahahahahaha! i think student pa yung mokong na yun kaya mapusok....

so ayun, tinanong ko kung bakit pa sya bumaba and i had already said my apologies, and he said......

"never mind".... went back to his car and drove away. ayun bumalik din ako sa oto ko ng kakamot-kamot ng ulo, wondering what happened...

and that's why, like dehadista, i also leave my gun at home..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Your mind gets clouded if tempers rise. I have been i that kind of situation several times already. It really is not worth the road rage. Keep a cool head and stay away from aggression.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    and that's why, like dehadista, i also leave my gun at home..
    Dudes, don't leave your guns at home-- you'll never know when you will be in real danger from a criminal or other misguided element of society.

Leave your temper at home instead.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Dudes, don't leave your guns at home-- you'll never know when you will be in real danger from a criminal or other misguided element of society.

i agree.. lalo na sa panahon ngyon. hindi mo rin masabi di ba?! pero leave your temper at home. agree ako dun...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Two sides to everything. Sa side nya ikaw ang bastos. Sa side mo, wala ka naman ginawa at nagmamadali ka lang. *shrugs* Tama ginawa mo, just walk away mah friend. Kung ako den magsosorry na lang.

Although minsan pinapatulan ko yung pagbubukas ng bintana na ganyan. May nagbukas ng bintana sa ken pinagmumura ako binuksan ko den ng bintana minura ko den ahaha na shock sha eh. kala nya nde ko papatulan...hmmm o siguro na shock lang yun kase cute ako. :hihihi: kaaaaaapal.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yes, I agree that you should "leave" your temper at home but for all practical purposes, I'd rather leave the GUN mismo at home. Iwas pusoy na din personally for me because it takes a great deal of responsibilty, effort and control in one's self when carrying a dangerous weapon. I'd rather leave it knowing fully well that I, too, in a moment of weakness, can succumb to road rage . Part of a control on some WHAT-IF scenarios for me, however extreme the situations it may seem.

Sa madaling salita, hindi naman palaging kailangang may dalang baril, IMO. from time to time, yes dinadala ko.

this is also one of the reasons why I am disgusted by the sight of people brandishing firearms sa loob ng auto using it as their leverage to throw their weight around on the other party knowing fully well that it's their own fault in the first place.

I don't want to be or become that kind of person.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    if the same happens to me, i'd rather proceed with my driving after gesturing sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    Although minsan pinapatulan ko yung pagbubukas ng bintana na ganyan. May nagbukas ng bintana sa ken pinagmumura ako binuksan ko den ng bintana minura ko den ahaha na shock sha eh. kala nya nde ko papatulan...hmmm o siguro na shock lang yun kase cute ako. kaaaaaapal.
    Wooot wooo!!! :bwahaha: pag kamuka ni Christian Bale yan iba ang isisigaw mo...

Some things are easier said than done... kahit gaan ka kalamig or kabait, di mo talaga maiwasan ang uminit ang ulo mo, lalo na dito sa pinas. The key here is how you control your temper, and letting go which is also hard to do sometimes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Dealing with Hot Headed Drivers - How?