New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Parati magdala ng spare key.
    And make sure it's always in either your wallet or your bag, whichever you bring with you all the time.

Those with car alarms, if you accidentally lock your car out na tumatakbo and idling, you can't unlock the doors using an extra remote. Don't ask how I know

Always lower your driver window when you have to keep the engine running and you have to close the door.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Those with car alarms, if you accidentally lock your car out na tumatakbo and idling, you can't unlock the doors using an extra remote. Don't ask how I know

Always lower your driver window when you have to keep the engine running and you have to close the door.
    Yup. Noticed this with name brand systems.

However, with some el cheapo Taiwan alarms, you can still lock or unlock using the transmitter even with the engine running. As per the manual (usually written in crappy engrish), this feature enables you to lock/unlock the doors (e.g. unloading passengers) without having to pull/push on the lock knob. Or something like that.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Tanong lang po :

yun bang WAVE key ng Honda is effective lang sa ignition? and yung door lock is purely mechanical?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yup. Noticed this with name brand systems.

However, with some el cheapo Taiwan alarms, you can still lock or unlock using the transmitter even with the engine running. As per the manual (usually written in crappy engrish), this feature enables you to lock/unlock the doors (e.g. unloading passengers) without having to pull/push on the lock knob. Or something like that.
    How true. Most Taiwan alarms, hindi inherent ang starter kill. Kaya kahit nag-aalarm na, pwede mo pa rin i-start ang kotse, as with my Cobra (Sentra)

One good thing about my Clifford, is that pag yung susi is nasa ignition, mag-aauto arm sya, but without locking the doors

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pero ung car alarm ko, kahit nakaon ung makina, pwd mo sya buksan ng remote

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    How true. Most Taiwan alarms, hindi inherent ang starter kill. Kaya kahit nag-aalarm na, pwede mo pa rin i-start ang kotse, as with my Cobra (Sentra)
    siguro hindi naka-install yung starter kill mo? ganun din kasi yung sa corolla namin, nung i-check ko hindi naka-install. so nung binalik ko sa pinagpa-installan ko, nakalimutan daw nya ikabit! try mong ipa-check!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ingat lang kayo sa mga parking places.
    wag sa walang tao dun madalas tumitira ang bukas kotse e

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmykel View Post
    ingat lang kayo sa mga parking places.
    wag sa walang tao dun madalas tumitira ang bukas kotse e
    At saka, don't leave valuables inside your cars - laptop, cellphone, camera, sunglasses, etc. Even you make them not visible from the outside, the bukas kotse would first target your stereo then rummage your car for other valuable things.
    Last edited by j_avonni; November 18th, 2006 at 08:27 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    pero ako, i always carry one set of remote/key na nasa bag ko.
    Ayos sana ito kaso naiwan ko rin yung bag sa loob ng kotse.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Ayos sana ito kaso naiwan ko rin yung bag sa loob ng kotse.
    Patay kang bata ka!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
danger!!