New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I've had two accidents for the past 2 weeks in trying to avoid cars who are swerving towards me when using the uturn exit, both resulting in fender damages as i am always using the inner lane.
    The most recent accident happened on Monday as a Nissan Cefiro cut into my lane leading to me choosing which part of the car will be damaged, the front bumper or the rear fender. I chose the latter resulting in damages to the repaired fender. In both cases, I just cursed the driver and drove off since it is difficult to pursue such cases as well as it will result in massive traffic jams.
    Should I report such cases as the accidents were caused by me trying to avoid the cars from hitting me?
    Need your opinions.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sorry... I'm not totally clear on this: were the damages caused by the other cars directly hitting you (or you hitting them) or you hitting some object -- such as a concrete barrier or railing or raised island) -- as you tried to avoid getting hit by them?

If the damage is caused by a car-to-car collision, you need to stop, get documentation (photos/video, narrative of the incident), and report the incident. If you drove off without doing those and left the other car, you can be cited for a hit-and-run, leading to a charge of "reckless imprudence leading to damaged properties" (and/or injuries).

If you drove off because the other cars left you and you can't physically pursue them, you could still report the incident if you got specific identifying marks such as plate numbers, body numbers (painted on the body), or conduction sticker numbers.

If you hit a stationary object while trying to avoid the other cars, you can also try to report the incident as long as you get the identifying marks. However, you will be hard-pressed to prove that those cars were responsible for your accident... unless you have a video multiple independent witnesses or something to back up your claim.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Try to ask how much would it cost you to do the repairs. If di naman ganung kalaki, ask yourself if it's worth the trouble.

Isa pa yang sakit ng mga driver dito, whether public or private. They don't know how to keep in lane when negotiating a turn. Back then, one of my rims got scratched when I avoided this useless moron in an Innova that cut across my path on a U-turn slot. And to think I was in the innermost lane, which is like the most proper path when turning.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    No matter whose fault it is in a fender bender, you could be charged with hit and run if you don't stop. But before going that far, wouldn't you think that slowing down and just letting them through would've saved you money for repairs? I know you won't be able to make a point to the other driver's folly, but still, pride can be healed for free... repairing car/property damages aren't.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Sorry... I'm not totally clear on this: were the damages caused by the other cars directly hitting you (or you hitting them) or you hitting some object -- such as a concrete barrier or railing or raised island) -- as you tried to avoid getting hit by them?

If the damage is caused by a car-to-car collision, you need to stop, get documentation (photos/video, narrative of the incident), and report the incident. If you drove off without doing those and left the other car, you can be cited for a hit-and-run, leading to a charge of "reckless imprudence leading to damaged properties" (and/or injuries).

If you drove off because the other cars left you and you can't physically pursue them, you could still report the incident if you got specific identifying marks such as plate numbers, body numbers (painted on the body), or conduction sticker numbers.

If you hit a stationary object while trying to avoid the other cars, you can also try to report the incident as long as you get the identifying marks. However, you will be hard-pressed to prove that those cars were responsible for your accident... unless you have a video multiple independent witnesses or something to back up your claim.
    The fender got damaged because I was trying to avoid them, thereby hitting part of the concrete barrier. The 1st time it happened, I wasn't worth pursuing because the traffic was very, very heavy. Couldn't stop if i wanted to. Trucks and buses were all around trying to navigate as part of the road was closed.
    The 2nd time, I avoided him because if I didn't, the guy would have plowed into my car. If i stopped, he would hit me at the way he was driving, resulting in even worse damage.

You are right that it would be hard to prove which is the reason why I just drove off. I was also not feeling well and just wanted to get home.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    that what a defensive driver should be. but! parang medyo nasobrahan ka naman sir at naitama mu na ang sarili mo sa concrete barrier without any collision from the other car.

di ko lang naintindihan kung paano mong nagawang pagpilian pa kung unahan o likuran yung patatamain mo? pero di mo napag isipan na padaanin na lang sila? lack of proper judgment? pride?

sorry sir ah,

+1 on oj88

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    well, it seems you are also at fault. If I were you, just stop and wait for him/her to pass you. Pwede kasing sinabayan mo yung turn nya then kabig ka sa kaliwa para iwas sa tabing sasakyan kaso nga lang, may concrete barrier sa tabi.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    use your horn to alert the driver if you are in such situation na masasagian ka na. usually they will stop, slow down or iiwas sila to avoid sagi o bangga.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Dapat nag-preno ka na lang to let the vehicle making the U-turn go on its merry way....

9707:electricf:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    isang libong pacensiya talaga pag mag drive dito sa atin.

kung plano mo talaga i-pursue at ma-compensate you need to file a police report. unless ma kuha mo rin sa takot yung kabilang auto which i doubt.

you need to stop in a u-turn kung me siksik ng siksik yuung iba not trash yourself into another car or barrier. bagalan mo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Damages caused by other cars swerving