New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This is the latest news of extortion of the customs people whether they be filipino or chinese businessmen in binondo..

This happening started last friday when customs people back up by armed policemen raided the warehouse stall at Juan Luna Plaza located at corner of Meicis and Juan Luna st in Binondo, very near 168 malls which was raided also more than a year ago.

They force open those warehouse stall to check from the tenants if they have paid proper taxes from customs etc..

those who cannot produce proper receipts/ document to ascertain that their inventory in their warehouse stalls were not smuggled goods are being extorted to produce hughe sum of money or else their stocks will be confiscated.

Latest news i got was just this afternoon, all warehouse stallowners agreed and dole out P15M COLD CASH for those who raided them last week...

This is the same scheme on what had happened to 168 mall early last year..

This is so far very discouraging since they must do their job from the very beginning in the port of entry rather than having double jeopardy applied to this hapless hard working businessman, eking out a living to survive this times of firerce business competition..

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I once asked my lawyer (Atenean) what i can do to avoid taxes while we were discussing about setting up companies.

He simply told me: It's more economical to comply.

You see, if you follow the law, nothing can be used against you. It will be your shield against these extortionists.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Exactly... If they paid proper duties, what's the beef???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Errrr... if they paid the proper taxes / duties at the time of importation then they wouldn't have this problem.

Plus, they are now condoning corruption by bribing government officials just so they can continue doing business... with that the never ending cycle of corruption continues.

:tumbleweed:

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    those who cannot produce proper receipts/ document to ascertain that their inventory in their warehouse stalls were not smuggled goods are being extorted to produce hughe sum of money or else their stocks will be confiscated.

Latest news i got was just this afternoon, all warehouse stallowners agreed and dole out P15M COLD CASH for those who raided them last week...
    Yan napapala nila ayaw nilang magnegosyo sa legal na paraan. Ngayong nagkaproblema sila reklamo ng reklamo

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another "squatter syndrome" case where "kawawa" yung nagkasala to begin with hehe.

kelan magbabago Pinas kaya hehe

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Coming up soon the bodega building infront of 168 mall ( the original or first to rise one)... Another P15M in the making......

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Actually the point is the customs people should confiscate it. period..... Not extort money from the stall owners... That's the point....

WBR,
    Last edited by Innova_Boy; October 8th, 2007 at 06:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ Then I guess the stall owners shouldn't come across. Kasi if they do, for sure, yung mga buwitre sa Customs, BIR and police/NBI will see them as milking cows.

On the part of the stallholders, they should also conduct business legally. It takes two to tango.

Pero, on the other hand, may mga corrupt-to-the-bone naman kasing government officials na kahit legal naman ang business mo, kokotongan ka pa rin. Kasuhan mo man, kahit in flagrante delicto pa, dahil malakas sa mga nasa puwesto, hindi rin uusad ang kaso. Tapos babalikan ka pa. You should hear the stories of complainants na na-dismiss na nga yung mga bugok na pulis ng Napolcom, nakapag-reapply pa for reinstatement, tapos hinaharass ngayon yung mga nagsumbong.

So saan ka nga naman lalagay?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I once asked my lawyer (Atenean) what i can do to avoid taxes while we were discussing about setting up companies.

He simply told me: It's more economical to comply.

You see, if you follow the law, nothing can be used against you. It will be your shield against these extortionists.
    ang tanong eh... how do you comply? when mismo yng govt official na naka transact mo ang nagtuturo sa yo ng shortcut?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Customs people raided Juan Luna Plaza stalls....