New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Pinost na ni james deakin ang picture ni apacible.

Literal na one big fight.
    Can you provide a link?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...everal-sources

Drunk driver in viral video is not really a councilor, say several sources

by Vernon B. Sarne - 5 hours ago

Yesterday, we shared a video of a very drunk driver flaunting a 'COUNCILOR' vanity plate and causing a commotion, challenging the person taking the video to a fistfight. Worse, the cops at the scene didn't arrest him. In fact, the video-taker said, they even let him go and allowed him to drive in spite of the complaints from people at the scene.

So now everyone thinks there's a power-tripping local politician on the loose. Many of the comments went like this: "Councilor pa lang, ganyan na umasta."

But is the guy really a councilor? Who is he really? It seems no one has officially identified him yet. Even TV news programs are contacting us, asking if we already have an update on this.

Well, we received a couple of messages from two men who claim to know the identity of the culprit.

The first came from KB (we're withholding his complete name), who sent us this note (in italics) at 12 noon yesterday, hours before we could even post the video on our Facebook page:

Sir, hindi kasi ako makapag-post ng video sa inyo pero this is a screenshot of the video. Player yan ng ____________ ngayon, nagwawala sa QC.

The omitted detail is the name of a popular university that's a member of the UAAP. In other words, the source is saying the young man is a basketball varsity player. We asked him how he knew this. He had this to say:

I know him. I play also at (NCAA school). My friend ____________, who is his teammate at ____________, confirmed it to me. He was drunk nga. I also play with him in some of our random pick-up games. Saka plate number niya yan.

We checked the source's profile and he's legit.

Another person contacted us to reveal the same identity. When we asked him how he knew, he said (in italics):

For one, it looks like him. His girlfriend's dad is a councilor. That's his plate, which can be seen in school. By the way, don't mention my name.

When we scanned the 3,000-plus comments on our video post, at least two other people mentioned the school for which the guy in the video reportedly plays (they recognized him).

One said: Hindi ba varsity ng ____________ basketball yan?

Another posted: Parang namumukhaan ko yan. Player ng ____________ yan, di ba?

We hope the authorities can look into this. What the young man did is definitely punishable by law. He needs to be held accountable for his actions. Quezon City police, everyone's watching you now.

UPDATE: We got another tip--complete with screenshots--saying that the guy's girlfriend herself is a councilor in the province.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And lest we forget the inutile cops who lost their balls upon seeing a councilor plate.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Anak pala ito nung late actor na si John Apacible.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    mas interesado ako sa identity nung mga pulis, kung di nila kaya gawin tungkulin nila eh mag quit na lang sila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Inamin na...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 19th, 2015 at 09:17 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    tanggalin na sa team para mabawasan ng yabang

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nag-labas na ng memo ang university athletics ofc acknowledging this foolish incident

i expect when schooling at loyola heights resumes tom, the blue eagles management and the admin will announce the sanctions deliberated against him

edit: naka-post na pala sa taas hehe

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kick-out sa ADMU.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast