New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    baka naman simpleng short circuit spark lang yan tapos pinalabas na "blast" na? hehhe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ABS-CBN
    (2nd Update) Dodot Jaworski's car explodes in Pasig

The vehicle of Pasig City Rep. Robert "Dodot" Jaworski Jr. exploded while cruising along C-5 highway Tuesday afternoon.

In a DZMM interview, the congressman said he heard a series of noises before he saw smoke coming from the right side of the car, a Toyota Innova.

"I saw smoke coming from under the car. Good thing I was able to park immediately. I turned off the car, jumped out and a few seconds later the car blew up," the congressman told DZMM.

"I came from my district in Pasig [at] Barangay Pineda...I'm still shaky. Awa ng Diyos buhay po tayo (Thank God, I'm still alive),” he added.

He said he has already informed authorities about the incident. He refused to link the incident to politics, saying that he has no political enemies.

He said a passing van took him home after the incident.

Initial police reports said faulty wiring may have caused the explosion, according to Director Reynaldo Varilla, National Capital Region Police Office chief. With reports from ANC, DZMM
    Quote Originally Posted by INQ7
    Congressman Jaworski escapes injury as vehicle explodes

By Joel Guinto
    INQ7.net
    Last updated 03:53pm (Mla time) 12/12/2006

(2ND UPDATE) PASIG Representative Robert "Dodot" Jaworski, his driver and his staffer were unharmed after their Toyota Innova van exploded along the C-5 highway in Pasig City on Tuesday, a police official said.

Jaworski was on his way to Quezon City at around 1 p.m. when the driver noticed smoke inside the Innova cabin and immediately pulled over, Chief Superintendent Luizo Ticman, chief of the Eastern Police District (EPD), said in a phone interview.

After all three had gone down, the vehicle exploded and was engulfed in flames, said Ticman.

"The fire grew bigger and bigger… Apparently, there was an explosion inside," Ticman said.

"They were able to get down from the vehicle in time. They are safe,"
    Ticman said.

The lawmaker’s Innova was in front of a three-vehicle convoy, followed by another Toyota Innova and a Nissan Urvan.

Asked if they were considering foul play, Ticman said: "Let's not dwell on speculation. Let's wait for the investigation report of the SOCO [scene of the crime operatives]."

"Apparently, there was no bomb. There was faulty something in the vehicle," Director Reynaldo Varilla, Metro Manila police commander told reporters in Camp Crame.
    Now... is it time for that recall?

Last time I remember a new car catching fire in the news, it was a Vios that had turned turtle after hitting the kerb before an overpass. That one was kind of understandable, but this... errh...

Go Toyota! :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tindi ng pagkalemon ng sasakyan ni dodot sumasabog

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wow delikado yan ah, yari ang toyota kay dodot!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Papaanong sabog ba? As in yung sa pelikula na sabog na sabog yung buong sasakyan?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last time I remember a new car catching fire in the news, it was a Vios that had turned turtle after hitting the kerb before an overpass. That one was kind of understandable, but this... errh...
    Relative iyan ng co-faculty ng mom ko. Dito sa Commonwealth flyover nangyari.

Baka naman na-D4d woes si Dodot kaya pinasabog na lang niya.

Papaanong sabog ba? As in yung sa pelikula na sabog na sabog yung buong sasakyan?
    Yung gumugulong ka pa at tuma-tumbling palayo?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Saw the footage kanina. Tanggal yung front bumper, and the rest of the vehicle looked like it had been torched.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    This is a potential publicity nightmare for Toyota Phils.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Relative iyan ng co-faculty ng mom ko. Dito sa Commonwealth flyover nangyari.
    Ouch, condolences to them. Did they find out why it caught fire? I still can't figure out what could catch fire on an EFI car when it turns over... unless the oil pan ruptured and spilled its guts onto the headers.

-----

RE: fire. As per news report, smoke, smoke, smoke, stop car, get out, boom.

Pretty nasty. And if it is faulty wiring, pretty HUGE recall.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala daw makita na explosive residue ang mga pulis natin. from the way they describe it parang nagliyab lang yun innova niya. pag mukhang torched eh malamang nagliyab yun.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Congressman Jaworski escapes injury as vehicle explodes