New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    marami kasing stupid drivers sa Pilipinas so kailangan maraming signs. hehehe.
    At ang problema pa, kahit andami na nga na signs, they still ignore it... or they're THAT stupid. HE he he...

Example na lang sa SM bicutan going to doņa soledad: there's a no u-turn sign there sa may entrance ng parking ng grocery. Laging madaming nagyu-u turn doon, lalo na ang mga taxi. And the guards even help them by stopping traffic para makabuwelo sila!

Then there's the no u-turn sign at bicutan din from the west service road going to the intersection. Laging may bagong no u-turn sign doon kaya lang few people ever see it dahil pag naglagay sila, after 2 days vandalized na. After a few days more kalahati na lang ng poste ang makikita mo.

It has always been my suspicion that it's the jeepney drivers removing the signs dahil lagi silang nagu-u turn din doon. Ang reasoning nila, pag walang sign hindi bawal! Ang laking abala ng pag-uturn nila doon lagi since two lanes ang kailangan huminto, eh ang bagal na nga ng traffic doon...

Those two are examples of useless signs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pass by that sign a lot.

Sana lang they put the 'LEFT' wording on the LEFT and the 'RIGHT' wording on the right.

Saka bakit may 'ONLY' eh you have two choices?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sana no entry na lang na nasa tamang lugar.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang ganito?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    eto yung LEE KUAN YEW.. are they trying to be funny??

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    eto yung LEE KUAN YEW.. are they trying to be funny??

they are not trying to be funny, in the contrary they are very serious 'coz Bayani Fernando wanted us to believe that he is the Lee Kuan Yew of the Philippines, in his dream...
    Last edited by shadow; August 10th, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    pang-toddler lang yata kasi ang logic (or IQ) ni Hero e kaya kung anu-anong ginagawa sa mga kalye ng metro manila.

OT: on their overpass' design with open steps, sagot ni Hero "mas mabuti ng mabosohan kaysa mabiktima ng holdaper/snatcher". I will only agree on this one if he'll admit that his brains is on his butt.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The likuan U is a subliminal conditioning tool.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    we always laugh at what bayani is trying to do.. i dnt know why its like that,, i guess its the filipino mentality of not wanting to do what we are told. everyone in the philippines always has a better idea,, but then it stops at that.IDEAS lang.

back to the topic, i think we all know what the signs is trying to say.. or truth be told trying to translate. we might laugh at the sign but if drivers understood it then it would have served its purpose.. dont you think guys?

isnt it also a fact that 80% of drivers in the philippines dont know the basic rules of the roads and traffic signs..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post

back to the topic, i think we all know what the signs is trying to say.. or truth be told trying to translate. we might laugh at the sign but if drivers understood it then it would have served its purpose.. dont you think guys?
    bec laughable naman talaga ang mga ideas niya, specifically with this "Lee Kuan Yew" U turn sign.

if they were just really trying to inform the motorist that U turn is allowed in that area, hinde pa ba sapat yun mga TAMANG signs? why the hell would someone still include the name of the great Singapore leader in a U turn sign?

don't be naive gusto lang niya sabihin na siya ang Lee Kuan Yew ng Philippines simple as that..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Confusing / Stupid / Useless ROAD SIGNS