New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    RANT (ON)

Hello my first post. I'm a law-abiding Filipino citizen. I pay my taxes, SSS, credit bills on time. Here's my story.

I was driving along Nakpil around 10pm last May. I saw a bunch of cops in uniform, drinking and with their scooters parked beside them. Which makes me wonder, is it a common practice to have fun while doing your job or its a way of having fun to forget your job? Anyways, as I made a left turn to Nakpil, a flash of light greeted me. Patrol. I was caught driving in a one way street. And this is on a Saturday night, with no car up front of me except for the patrol. and NO signage that its a one way street.

Later, I was given a counterflow ticket. I didn't argue since it was my first time to be held. I did tell them that there's no sign but cops are mostly deaf since time immerorial. But he never forget to remind that the penalty is 2000 pesos. I think he said it 5 times. I said just give me the ticket. He did it but with much regret. One of them decided to check my bag with a flashlight. He even touched my bag and let his fingers explore it. That's a big NO-NO, right? But what I can do? With 4 cops and 4 guns, you don't stand a chance, boy. End of story.

Later that night, I noticed the beer-drinkingscooter cops, has CB radios with them. So this is how they operates: A CB radio is very useful on their part, whenever they see a car going "counterflow" they will radio it fast as they can to the patrol dimwits. Well, they didn't forget their duties after all. I think they average 20 cars a night out there. If everyone made lagay for a sum of 200 pesos (which I don't have that amount that time and I will never make lagay to any cops out there), multiply it to 20... you get 4000 pesos a night. Not bad for a business scheme right?

After a month I went to MMDA at Sta. Mesa. My working hour is erratic. At 7:30am, a fixer came and offered his help. I said no. A lady came to me and offered a maong pants rental. Get that? Maong pants rental. I asked her why. She said I won't be allowed to go inside with my shorts and sandals. Wow, so the MMDA requires us to be presentable in front of them when in fact they themselves are never and will never be presentable in any place. Nice. I went home and decided to go the office.

Two months passed by. I asked a friend if he can do anything about my problem. 2000 pesos is to much for me. He did. After a day, he said my license is in Guadalupe and no way he can do much about it anymore. Sweet.

Now, I can't drive. I'm stuck with taxi drivers who tells you where they are going. Nakikisabay ka na lang sa kanila. Utang na loob mo pa pag pinasakay ka nila.

I hate this country with a passion.

Rant (OFF)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by coolwabbit2003
    RANT (ON)

Hello my first post. I'm a law-abiding Filipino citizen. I pay my taxes, SSS, credit bills on time. Here's my story.

I was driving along Nakpil around 10pm last May. I saw a bunch of cops in uniform, drinking and with their scooters parked beside them. Which makes me wonder, is it a common practice to have fun while doing your job or its a way of having fun to forget your job? Anyways, as I made a left turn to Nakpil, a flash of light greeted me. Patrol. I was caught driving in a one way street. And this is on a Saturday night, with no car up front of me except for the patrol. and NO signage that its a one way street.

Later, I was given a counterflow ticket. I didn't argue since it was my first time to be held. I did tell them that there's no sign but cops are mostly deaf since time immerorial. But he never forget to remind that the penalty is 2000 pesos. I think he said it 5 times. I said just give me the ticket. He did it but with much regret. One of them decided to check my bag with a flashlight. He even touched my bag and let his fingers explore it. That's a big NO-NO, right? But what I can do? With 4 cops and 4 guns, you don't stand a chance, boy. End of story.

Later that night, I noticed the beer-drinkingscooter cops, has CB radios with them. So this is how they operates: A CB radio is very useful on their part, whenever they see a car going "counterflow" they will radio it fast as they can to the patrol dimwits. Well, they didn't forget their duties after all. I think they average 20 cars a night out there. If everyone made lagay for a sum of 200 pesos (which I don't have that amount that time and I will never make lagay to any cops out there), multiply it to 20... you get 4000 pesos a night. Not bad for a business scheme right?

After a month I went to MMDA at Sta. Mesa. My working hour is erratic. At 7:30am, a fixer came and offered his help. I said no. A lady came to me and offered a maong pants rental. Get that? Maong pants rental. I asked her why. She said I won't be allowed to go inside with my shorts and sandals. Wow, so the MMDA requires us to be presentable in front of them when in fact they themselves are never and will never be presentable in any place. Nice. I went home and decided to go the office.

Two months passed by. I asked a friend if he can do anything about my problem. 2000 pesos is to much for me. He did. After a day, he said my license is in Guadalupe and no way he can do much about it anymore. Sweet.

Now, I can't drive. I'm stuck with taxi drivers who tells you where they are going. Nakikisabay ka na lang sa kanila. Utang na loob mo pa pag pinasakay ka nila.

I hate this country with a passion.

Rant (OFF)
    With regard to the pants requirement when claiming your confiscated license I'm sorry to say this is indeed an absolute rule. It also happend to me that I was wearing shorts when I claimed my license. I was forced to change to my pants just to get in. Di ko din maintindihan kung bakit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that's sad!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    may dresscode na din sa MMDA. why? because that's a Public Office. A government office exactly. Si Bayani mismo naglagay nyan. silipin nyo na lang ang Marikina City Hall kung bakit. kaya ang shorts, sandos and slippers ay bawal doon. kaya sa labas may nagpaparenta ng pants, t-shirts and shoes. oh diba may bago silang racket. dati punta ko dun ng naka-sandals lang. di ako pinapasok..umuwi ako balik na lang kinabukasan.

coolwabbit, best thing to do report mo yan sa city hall. then request ka ng entrapment para makabawi ka naman. or balik ka dun magdala ka ng mga kaibigan then record mo sa video ung mga kabalastugan nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad...

l3ch3ng mga pulis yun..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    :-(

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tawaran mo na lang yung 2000, sabihin mo 500 na lang kesa wala.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that reminds me, nahuli kme ng friend ko near that area din... i don't know the name of the street... basta the one way street near St. Scho where u have to turn right after the "bridge" kse one way na rin pero kabilang flow of traffic... kaya pala bigla na lang may nanghabol sa ming mga police ng around mga 2-3 am... P2K din ang hinihingi nila...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    tawaran mo na lang yung 2000, sabihin mo 500 na lang kesa wala.
    Di na matatawaran yan pag nagawan ng TVR. Dapat nung nagpaparinig pa lang yung pulis, tinawaran na nya at that point. Pwede naman babaan yung kaso ng illegal entry, mas mura 500 lang. Counterflow is really 2000 and that's it. Tinatawanan nga ng mga pulis yung mga nagpapahuli ng nyan kasi laking kotong talaga.

Teka matanong ko lang, MMDA ba ang TVR or TMG? Dati kasi alam ko pagnahuli ka ng TMG sa pier ang kuhaan ng lisensya. Kung MMDA naman nakasulat dun sa ticket kung san branch ng office pwede i-claim.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ganun ba, dehins ko alam na fixed 2000 pala yun.
    kasi nung nahuli ako maria claria st sa manila binigyan ko lang ng 200 yung pulis,

sindakan lang talaga iyan.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Confiscated License