New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    April 30, 2012. Around Midnight.

On the Q.C. Circle-bound side of Commonwealth.
    I was driving home along Commonwealth Avenue. When I arrived at the stoplight under the Commonwealth flyover, there was a swarm of people around a motorcycle rider laying on the ground. I alighted from my vehicle and ran to the scene. Turns out it was a rider crossing under the flyover that was hit by a taxi who beat the red light. A kind stranger managed to chase the fleeing taxi and call the attention of the local police. I radioed for an ambulance and just my luck, an EMT (emergency medical technician) on his way home heard my transmission and pulled over to assist. Luckily he had his EMT gear with him as I didn't have mine at the time (I was driving my brother's car). We managed to stabilize the patient and assess the wounds. Shortly after the UNTV News and Rescue team arrived. The driver sustained a suspected fracture of the left ankle as well as an open wound in the said area. He was transported to the East Avenue Medical Center.

Meanwhile, on the Fairview-bound side
    I thought it was enough adventure for the day (earlier I was on duty at a motorbike race in Clark where we had some spills also) but someone shouted that there was an accident on the opposite lane of Commonwealth. It was around 500 meters away. The ambulances counterflowed Commonwealth to reach the victims. As the vehicle I was driving did not have emergency equipment, I had to drive a fair bit to the u-turn slot to get to the scene. When we arrived, a cabbie lay on the ground in a pool of blood a few meters in front of his cab. He had sustained a stab wound to the chest in an apparent robbery. The UNTV rescue team prepped him for transport and the police arrived shortly. We would later learn that the cabbie was DOA at East Avenue Medical Center. He had lost his life for his meager earnings. In his license jacket was the photo of a young girl (around 5 years old?) that was said to be his daughter.

Let us all be careful when we ply the roads especially at night.

P.S. Pardon my crooked prose, I'm dead tired.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pics on the opposite side of Commonwealth:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Buti lang sir you were at the right place at the right time...Bilis ng UNTV crew ..dinaig pa MMDA rescue teams..di kaya scripted yan hehehe!

Kudos to you sir Otep!

Ingatz lang sa daan palagi...RIP to the cab driver..dapat talaga ibalik na death penalty sa mga walang kaluluwang masasamang loob na yan!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Doc Otep.....I salute you sir!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    There are cops that are supposed to be always stationed by that flyover. I wonder where they were?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sad news on the killed cabbie. I also see motorbikes spill on the bottom of the flyover time and again and it's usually caused by jeeps and other PUVs who are cutting across even when the ride is red, coupled with motorbikes trying to snake their way forward.

Commonweath is supposed to be well policed but that's not the case always when i drive on that road at night. It's dark and still awash with speeding buses and motorcycles.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    was hit and ran by a taxi at commonwealth-luzon underpass 2 months ago. was going left to katipunan from commonwealth for the light turned green and reached the 3/4 of the street then suddenly this taxi appeared out of no where.people did help me out and went to the taxi's location because he stop and maybe he was just checking himself if he's ok but when the people was about to go to him he ran flew his cab like hell. nobody was able to get the plate because it was 4 in the morning and about 75feet away. As per people who saw it, the taxi not just beat the red light but run into the crossing though it is in red light and slammed me at the right side.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    RIP dun kay manong cabbie.

Kudos, as always doc.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Kudos to doc Otep

may ibang tao talaga na pumapatay para lang mabuhay...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    Kudos to doc Otep

may ibang tao talaga na pumapatay para lang mabuhay...
    Which brings us back to the death penalty debates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Commonwealth Avenune.  Cabbie as the perpetrator and cabbie as the victim...