New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    knowing how vernon has been defending himself...baka malabo.

baka ipaglaban pa nila ng todo yung driving style nila, even if it was wrong.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If TGP will come up with a compilation of their "hate" letters, probably a special yearend issue, Im sure it will be a bestseller.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    When the movie "Rendezvous" came out, it showed somebody darting in and out of the streets on a Mercedes 6.9 (not shown, but it was stated). From what I've heard, the driver was then apprehended when the film was shown to the public.

This should be done to whoever wrote the article. However subjective it may be, admitting to cutting people off, making them fuming mad, and driving like there were no cops around should be enough evidence.
    That's just a rumor about the Merc. Nobody's ever confirmed the car... some rumors say it was a Ferrari, but the most believeable one (given the relative speed of the vehicle) is that it was an Alpina.

The director who filmed this was speeding, yes, but this was back in the heyday of automotive racing, when even controlled situations were potentially deadly... but he wasn't as reckless as it seems in the film... he drove at four in the morning to ensure there was no traffic, he had the route planned out, and he had spotters at critical junctures and blind corners to make sure he wouldn't have problems with traffic. Nissan did this with their similar film "The Run", done in Czechloslovakia... but in their case, they had the permission and full support of the police and government.

What actually happened to the director is that the chief of police called him in... told him that he'd received complaints about the film, and that he'd have to take his license. The director gave it, then the chief of police looked at it, gave it back and said: "My children loved your film. Don't do it again." :hysterical:

Of course, Mr. Ilagan could do with a somewhat heftier slap on the wrist...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i sure miss the day's of black in tgp. back then, it was easier to read coz its thinner. nowadays, tgp is getting more difficult to read with the advertisers and sponsors filling the pages. makes me wonder why they fired black

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi djcamot,

Are you the same djcamot in the tgp forums?

Welcome to Tsikot! I guess we don't need to exchange ideas here like in the tgp forum that much right?

Re Black. Yeah, miss the guy too. Problem is when you are an avid TGP reader back in the black days, you tend to compare with the current set-up. It just makes things more frustrating.

Hope its not too late for VBS. If only he listens to the comments of people and not defend his writers all the time.

Peace and keep on posting.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo View Post
    If TGP will come up with a compilation of their "hate" letters, probably a special yearend issue, Im sure it will be a bestseller.
    With a foreword by Ghosthunter.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    With a foreword by Ghosthunter.
    i'll be giving them more than just a foreword if that happens.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by djcamot View Post
    i sure miss the day's of black in tgp. back then, it was easier to read coz its thinner. nowadays, tgp is getting more difficult to read with the advertisers and sponsors filling the pages. makes me wonder why they fired black
    are you sure you miss the good old days of TGP?... from that you have been writing, you seem to be pretty chummy with VBS given the way you are defending VBS' actions and responses online.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo View Post

Yup, then they will have to make it hard-bound dahil sa sobrang kapal

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Yup, then they will have to make it hard-bound dahil sa sobrang kapal
    :hysterical:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
From a column in Top Gear's October Issue...