New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi.

imho, its not the fault of the TS. From the way he described the scene, he was located to the right side of the cefiro.

Between the cefiro and him, obviously, the cefiro should have made sure no other car was there before swerving right. One might argue that baka mabangga yung passenger from the corolla. Well, the best thing that the cefiro could have done was to stop.

Anyway, I think the passenger from the corolla should have been included into the picture and placed at fault. Stupidity nor negligence is not an excuse.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoteng View Post
    Hi.

imho, its not the fault of the TS. From the way he described the scene, he was located to the right side of the cefiro.

Between the cefiro and him, obviously, the cefiro should have made sure no other car was there before swerving right. One might argue that baka mabangga yung passenger from the corolla. Well, the best thing that the cefiro could have done was to stop.

Anyway, I think the passenger from the corolla should have been included into the picture and placed at fault. Stupidity nor negligence is not an excuse.
    Yep, you got the picture!

Fault lies with the lady who got off from the Toyota. If she had enough common sense to get off from the driver side passenger door then I wouldn't have started this thread.

And honestly, I lost track of her coz I was intent on getting a hold of the other driver.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    well actually kung walang police report mahirap mag-point ng fingers.....

But IMO, a defensive driver gives ample distance on the front, at the back and on both sides para in case na may mangyari na similar to the incident eh maiiwasan ang aberya.....

ang problema eh nasaan yun police report?
    I was on my way to meet with my clients at that time, hence my decision to forego the police report...which at that time, were not surprisingly absent from the streets of the metropolis.

And with regards to the ample distance...there was ample distance...but you can't compensate for all variables that you meet on the road...kaya nga aksidente di ba...umiwas na nga ako...if not for the "ample" distance...then malamang mas malaki yung damage dahil mas malakas yung collision.

If you read my post....I mentioned gasgas...I didn't say na wasak or durog di ba...so I was able to minimize the damage, kasi nga..again...may ample distance.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    I think it's the TS fault. You should always keep distance to avoid collision in front of you. It's not the fault of Cefiro. Otherwise, baka naka-aksidente pa sya ng tao. Yung sa yo kotse lang. I think I remember it right, kung sino nakabangga sya may kasalanan.
    I hope you don't find yourself in this kind of a situation...kasi if you do...you'll know how it really feels like to be in a traffic accident wherein you were on the defensive.

You might have lightning fast reflexes...good for you, but since I don't, I exercise all caution when I drive, at all times, but more so when I have passengers in my car, specially if its my family.

dont' be too hasty in passing judgment on others...I symphatize with the man who drove the Cefiro...I'm not angry or mad at him, what stokes me the most is he didn't care enough about the damage he caused and even tried to leave right after the accident.

The lady on the other hand for me was the culprit, sana di sya nagmadali bumaba sa traffice side ng kotse while it was parked.

As it is, I'm a bit thankful na ako at yung Cefiro ang may damage, kasi if hindi kami yun...malamang na may babae ngayon na nasa ospital or much worse.

The money is no big loss...kaya ko bawiin yun thru work, but a life is something much importan that a gashed bumper.

Get it :obvious:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    guys avoid using that font. ang sakit sa mata.
    My apologies for the font size

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Gayahin ko font ni TS, hehehe.

[SIZE=1]Big_daddy, isumbong mo sa LTO yan para pag nagparegister siya ay mahirapan siya. Ipablotter mo rin, gaya ng iba. Sana it would be best also na may pictures ka of the incident, the damage done to your and to his car para atleast you would have evidence in hand that you could show to the authorities.

Alam ko mahirap ang 3K, lalong mahirap kung hindi ka babayaran.

Pero IMO lang, ang kasalanan ng Cefiro na ito ay ang pagdeny at ang pagbigay ng bogus na contact no. sayo, wala na. Ang dapat nyong sisihin is yung babae na nagbukas ng pinto na hindi tumitingin kung may mababanggang iba or wala. Ganyan kasi minsan ibang pasahero eh, basta't mabuksan ang pinto wala na pakielam kung may parating na kotse.

Goodluck sayo.

[SIZE=2]Cute ng font, hehehe.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    While eating * Snackaroo in Judge Jimenez st. , I saw this altis who parked stupidly ....

Lovely isn't it ? I know that it's hard to look for a place where you can park but please, if you'll park in the corner will you just atleast park properly ?

BTW, the one driving is a girl. She's with a group of friends. ;)

question lang? may issues ba kayo sa babae... puna ko lang naman.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    I was on my way to meet with my clients at that time, hence my decision to forego the police report...which at that time, were not surprisingly absent from the streets of the metropolis.
    well you have to evaluate your options and i guess mas mahalaga sa yo yun client mo than to get compensated for the damage caused by the other party. Ang problema eh the other party could deny his involvement since you dont have any record of the incident.

And with regards to the ample distance...there was ample distance...but you can't compensate for all variables that you meet on the road...kaya nga aksidente di ba...umiwas na nga ako...if not for the "ample" distance...then malamang mas malaki yung damage dahil mas malakas yung collision.
    aksidente.... I agree.... ample distance would be relative..... ample distance to you might not be ample distance to me..... As a biker and a driver myself, I dont feel comfortable when there's a vehicle running on my side kaya its either i let them pass or i speed up... or have a staggered position para if ever na may biglang magswerve, hindi ka tatamaan sa gilid....

minor or major damage is not the issue in defensive driving. a damage is a damage.... sabi mo nga hindi mo basta napupulot ang 3k di ba? anyway, you dont need to get defensive, It is just my opinion.

Ngayon ang problema mo eh pano ka babayaran nung nakabangga sa yo. Honestly, I think you would have a hard time collecting. Nung una pa lang hesitant yun driver. Tingin ko family driver lang yun kaya malamang hindi sasabihin sa amo lalo na kung maliit na gasgas lang yun tama gaya ng sinabi mo. For sure kapag nalaman ng amo eh sa kanya ikakaltas yun kung babayaran ng amo niya.... Ang problema mo kasi dyan eh wala kang report na proof mo para singilin sila.

If you read my post....I mentioned gasgas...I didn't say na wasak or durog di ba...so I was able to minimize the damage, kasi nga..again...may ample distance.
    like what i said above, major or minor is not the issue in defensive driving.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brawlerjack View Post
    question lang? may issues ba kayo sa babae... puna ko lang naman.
    WALA.

Tama naman ako diba ? Babae ang nagbukas ng pinto na hindi tumitingin, so alangan mo naman sabihin ko sisihin mo yung lalaki ?

Regarding naman sa parking, nasabi ko lang naman.

Bakit, may masama ba dun ?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *Big_Daddy
    this is another case wherein you have to "forget" what happened, move on, and charge this to experience. as i've said in some threads with road accidents, first thing you have to do is to NOT MOVE THE VEHICLE right after collision! take pictures, then talk with the driver of the other party. in case you weren't able to take a picture for whatever reason, get a police for a sketch. at least, the police who will make the sketch will still see the positions of the vehicles since it wasn't moved. to settle with the other party would be the first option. if the other party doesn't agree, then go for the police report.

in your case, you haven't fulfilled any of those things. IMHO, it would be hard to argue/prove that the Cefiro driver is at fault since you only have his Driver's license details, no more, no less.

it would be hard, but just charge this to experience and move on.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Maganda ba yung babae na nagbukas ng pinto?

j/k lang.

Sige sir, pag nakita ko dito yan sa Dela Rosa (dito lang office ko), beep ako ng mahaba at bababaan ko ng bintana. Sisigawan ko na, "Hoy, binangga mo raw kapatid ko?" hehehe.

Seriously, I think your client will understand na nabangga ka, and you will need a police report. Although if you assessed that you will lose money more with foregoing a client than the cost of repairs, ok lang ginawa mo. pero if that is your honest assessment, IMO you should calculate na as low probability na makasingil ka pa sa bumangga sayo, kahit kasalanan nya.

Nangyari na sa akin yan. 3 months kung kausap sa celphone yung nakabangga wala rin. Wala kasing police report e, puro empty promises. At the end of the 3 months, siya pa galit! Maghintay daw ako kung kelan sya magbabayad? sows.

The next time na na-hit ako (rear, bumper), di ko pinaalis hanggang walang sketch ng traffic enforcer, at deretso kaagad sa police para police report. Ayun, half a day, amin sya, bayad sya, hehehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Collision due to swerving Black Cefiro