Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    UPDATE) Death toll in LPG truck explosion now over 20
    Cops rule incident an ‘accident’
    By Thea Alberto, Hernan P. dela Cruz
    INQUIRER.net, Inquirer
    Last updated 03:11pm (Mla time) 02/02/2007

PAGADIAN CITY, Philippines -- At least 22 persons, including a three-year old boy, were killed and at least 10 others injured when dozens of tanks of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) being hauled by a truck exploded in Zamboanga del Sur late Friday morning, officials said.
    Chief Superintendent Jaime Caringal, Mindanao regional police director, immediately ruled the incident which happened past 11 a.m. in Sitio (sub-village) Diorok, Barangay (village) Lacupayan, Tigbao, “an accident.”
    Caringal said they were still trying to get an accurate count but acknowledged that the final toll could still rise as emergency workers continued to retrieve bodies and check the different hospitals where casualties were rushed.
    Major Gary Lachica, executive officer of the Army's 53rd Infantry Battalion, said troops who responded to the incident estimated “dozens” may have been killed and that the injury count was still mounting.
    Most of the victims were aboard an RS Transit passenger bus from Imelda town on its way here.
    Based on initial reports he received, Lachica said the truck was hauling the LPG from here to Zamboanga City when it turned turtle along the highway. The accident caused a traffic jam but the driver of the bus still tried to inch his way past the overturned truck.
    "It was at this moment that the explosions occurred," Lachica said.
    However, Caringal said other accounts from drivers in of other vehicles said the rear end of the truck suddenly caught fire as it traversed the highway.
    Most of the victims sustained burns and wounds from flying debris. There were reports that a number of the dead were torn apart by the force of the explosion.
    Originally posted at 12:48pm

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kaya medyo ilag ako sa LPG carrying trucks eh. Kawawa naman mga namatay substandard for sure procedure nila sa hauling.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ako rin takot tumabi sa mga LPG truck at Gasoline tanker.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Can you imagine riding in an LPG converted car and having a similar incident knowing the craftsmanship and standards of making these?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kaya nga ingat na din dumikit sa mga taxi ngaun eh

pero seriously dapat i-reevaluate ng gobyerno yan taxi lpg's na yan. gusto ko nga nila makatipid at the expense of safety.

and also, i have talked to 5 taxi riders including my wife, nakakasuka at nakakahilo daw sumakaw sa loob ng taxi lpg. mayroon smell na parang toxic.

i wonder if this will have an effect on health in the future

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    kaya nga ingat na din dumikit sa mga taxi ngaun eh

pero seriously dapat i-reevaluate ng gobyerno yan taxi lpg's na yan. gusto ko nga nila makatipid at the expense of safety.

and also, i have talked to 5 taxi riders including my wife, nakakasuka at nakakahilo daw sumakaw sa loob ng taxi lpg. mayroon smell na parang toxic.

i wonder if this will have an effect on health in the future
    Naku dilikado yung may amoy a, Ibig sabihin may leak yan a

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba pareho lang ang danger level ng LPG tank and our regular fuel tanks? mabilis din naman sumabog ang gasoline.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SOP kasi dapat kapag may gas leaks is to evacuate area and no naked flames for at least 50 feet [tama nga ba measurement ko?]. Obviously, if some of the tanks have been subjected to high crash forces, even if the tanks are in compliance with set standards, the risk of a damaged tank is still high.

Kung bakit may sumisingit pa na bus, ewan ko na. That could have just been a simple vehicular mishap kung na-evacuate and isolate agad ang immediate vicinity and just waited for the LPG to disperse into the atmosphere. And yes, that could mean blocking off the road.

As for danger level, halos pareho lang siguro. LPG has an added odorant to warn people if there is a leak. Ang problem na lang is if people actually understand what the smell means. Kahit naman yung ibang sasakyan na gasoline powered, amoy gasolina due to neglect or improper maintenance.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've riden in an LPG powered taxi before... ok naman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aba pag may naaamoy kana eh may leak na yan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CO2 Truck Explosion