New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I just want to know the process and conditions of a citizens arrest. Like, kung may bus na pumick up ng pasahero sa gitna ng kalsada and nag cause ng traffic pwede ko bang arrestuhin yun. I know there needs to be a witness but what else? O sa mga nakapatay lang ba pwede yun citizens arrest.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Alam ko dyan ay pag naka witness ka lang ng Criminal offense, ska lang pwede i apply ang citizens arrest.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    meron ba dito nyan? diba sa states lang yan?

anyway, i'm guessing na dapat wala talagang police officer sa immediate area, as in wala and you have no choice but to arrest the perp yourself. don't lose sight of the courtroom if you try arresting someone...one man's citizen arrest can quickly turn into a counter-charge of illegal detention/kidnapping, you know.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang alam ko citizen arrest dito legal basta mob arrest

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Lynching: citizens arrest, Philippine style.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di po pwede yung traffic violation ehehehe! ang pwede mo gawin dun e bumaba ka sa car mo tapos mag-traffic ka, as a volunteer. pero aarestuhin mo yun offending driver, no can do.

citizen's arrest applies only if you personally witnessed a crime and you happen to have the opportunity to detain the suspect. pero di mo pwede isakay sa vehicle mo to transport to the police, or detain the criminal in your house or office kasi pwede ka kasuhan ng kidnapping and illegal detention. dapat where-is-as-is, or you detain the suspect where you caught him/her until the police arrive. if the suspect is wounded by your actions, like if you fired a firearm at the suspect, then you are obligated to bring the suspect to a medical facility, otherwise you will be guilty of homicide if the suspect dies. remember he/she is still a only suspect until a court of justice has found him/her guilty of the crime. he enjoys the same rights as you do. if the suspect is wounded other than by your actions, you are at least morally obligated to call for medical help. if you don't then it's your conscience. tao pa din yun hindi hayop.

kung ako sa iyo, unless the purpose is to prevent a worse crime like if somebody will die or get raped if you do nothing, ay iwas ka na lang jan sa citizen's arrest thing na yan. leave it to the authorities. when they arrive then give them your testimony, tell them where the suspect went, etc. petty crimes are not worth your life to bet on.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sayang, kala ko pwede ko maaresto lahat ng kumag na bus drivers e.

Citizens Arrest