New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi,
    I had the bad experience of getting cheated at the gas pump of one of biggest and oldest petroleum company. I always thought that because the pumps are now digital or electronic, cheating is no longer possible.
    On August 20 at about 11PM I topped up my Innova diesel in a Los Banos station. As I drove in the attendant directed me to the pump beside the road (inner side). He urged me to keep moving forward but when I noticed that there was no more pump ahead I stopped. After telling the pump attendant to top it up to automatic and gave him my credit card, I sat down to wait till it's filled up but I happened to glance at the pump meter just a short while later and noticed that it already read more than 16 liters. Anyway, a while later we notice that a pump attendant seemed to be rushing towards my car stopped the nozzle although I noticed that the pump was still running. He then announced "automatic (full) na sir" and the pump read more than 40 liters already. I was surprised because I saw that the pump was still running when he stopped it. I turned on my engine and I looked at the gauge and that it was still less than full. I got off to check my tank. When he came back with the receipt, I asked him to fill it some more and indeed it took another 9.5 liters before automatically stopping. In total, the amount charged to me was almost 50 liters. My tank was still 1/4 full when I topped up and the tank has 55-liter capacity. I was obviously shortchanged. I have complained by email to the oil company but have yet to receive a response after more than 48 hours so I'm posting this here. Please beware, they can cheat even with the electronic pumps.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sa palagay ko di lang nila na reset yung pump to zero. Kaya nagmamadali yung attendant. Kaya SOP na ng mga attendants na ipakita na zero muna yung counter before filling. Start lang sila mag fill pag nag acknowledge na yung customer.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    always make sure the pump meter is at zero. make them see that you are checking the meter and if they do not reset it make it a point to tell them to reset. if you are not attentive then you become a victim. di naman nila gagawin yan sa lahat ng customers nila, gagawin lang nila yan dun lang sa mga hindi tumitingin sa meter.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Obvious na (deliberate na )nandaya ang attendant bro.,- dahil alam nilang approx 40L+ ang full tank mo.... kaya in-automatic nila at that approx number of liters..... Grabe iyan....

13.9K:mop:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Probably sinet nila sa level 3 yung nozzle, yan ang pinakamabilis na setting and 10-15% ng kinarga sayo hangin lang. Kaya kung malaki ang tank mo mas malaki ang lugi mo

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    kaya pag nag papakarga ako il make sure na nasa 1 click lang and shempre pakita mo sakanila na nakabantay ka talaga

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Technic dala ka gallon yung pang gas talaga para malaman mo na tama reading, meron kasi ako yung 5 liters so makikita mo dapat na 5 li din yung metro. May motor kasi ako doon ko kinakarga yung galon.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's the reason why I never stay inside the car when I load up on gas... I always see to it that the pump is set to ZERO when they begin to fill up...

Well we're all smarter in retrospect... These are lessons learned...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kaya dapat nirereset sa zero ang gas pump.

kasi kung hindi pati yung kinarga ng iba ay dagdag sa ikakarga sa iyo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    kaya dapat nirereset sa zero ang gas pump.

kasi kung hindi pati yung kinarga ng iba ay dagdag sa ikakarga sa iyo.
    hinde naman aandar yun pump diba pag hinde na reset sa counter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast