New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hey, a somewhat sad story for those who live around the Kapitolyo area. Last night at around 11pm-12mn me and my buddies were at Chowking (Pioneer Center) eating some late dinner, (we arrived at around 11, parked near Metrobank and Diorama Restaurant since that was the nearest available).

By 12mn we decided to leave. On our way to the car I saw a little commotion of street children on the White Nissan Urvan beside my car. By this time I saw a security guard arriving in the vicinity, and I asked what happened. Apparently he told me there were three men in motorcycles who just came there trying to open the van's door on the driver side. Luckily they thought the streetchildren who saw the incident were going to report to the guards so they immediately left. Now I felt lucky since it wasn't my car that was the one on target by the carnappers.

Anyway, I no longer saw the actual damage on the van's door, but I would say I few seconds more they would have been able to take the van. The van is parked near the front of the ATM machine. Anyway, we left after a short while, thanking God nothing happened.

I felt kinda bad though that the guard wasn't really in the area when the incident was occuring. I wish these people would be more attentive to their jobs. Buti pa yung bata sa kalye may silbi kaya di nanakaw yung van.

So, I guess this is it. Looks like those who live in Pasig/Ortigas need to be extra careful this time. My advice is to park your vehicles somewhere that is very accessible for you to check on (as much as possible.) F**K those carnappers. Hope this could be a warning to all us Tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oh my, i was just there in PC this morning to eat breakfast with my mom.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I go to PC sometimes with friends after work and it does get a bit scary there in some corners late at night. Kulang ng guard visibility.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sa area na yan, medyo madilim nga.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganung oras, wala na yung police patrol car na naka-assign to guard the supermarket.
    magaling sa timing sila pero medyo madaling matakot sa mga street children pa.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    open na kasi ang kapitolyo at madami din mga kotse na nakapark sa labas diyan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka amateur carnappers. ang favorite hang-out kasi ng carnappers is QC dahil dami takbuhan or lusutan. if they try their capers inside ortigas center or nearby areas, malaki ang chances na ma-corner sila. ortigas alone ang exit lang ay shaw, C5, edsa. and these major highways are not exactly what you might call takas route.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Probably their best escape route would be Pioneer towards the direction of edsa or mandaluyong coming from PC. Kulang nga sa lighting sa parking area ng PC. Ingat lang mga tsikoteers!

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    I was a victim of a Bukas Kotse over at the Pioneer Center ... that was between 11:30am - 12:00pm August 15, 2006.

I parked near the grocery entrance and went inside for around 30 mins. When I went back to my vehicle ... the right front passenger door was ajar. Inspection of my car when i got home 10 mins after ... revealed that I lost my messenger bag tucked in at the backseat floor of my car ... bag contains important car vehicle documents and cash.

I quickly rushed back to Pioneer Center and talked with the guard around the parking area and I requested that their OIC be called. Apparently, they noticed that my alarm went off and has been sounding intermittently ... they did not do anything about it and treated it as a malfunction ..... the roving guard said that he did not notice anything suspicious ..... then why was my door ajar and why was the alarm sounding ...... In short, wala silang pake sa nangyari ..... I requested an incident report ... but the OIC made his report turn out as if they are not negligible or liable for the incident ... in short .. HUGAS KAMAY!

The next thing i did was to file report at the nearest block police .... and I found out that the Pioneer Center over at Pioneer Street Pasig City is a HAVEN FOR BUKAS KOTSE !!!!! ... Accdg. to the police .... it's a private property and that management should be responsible for providing ample security...... the police is there to assists ....

Anyway, I got my police report and trashed the Pioneer Center security OIC incident report!

Fellow Tsikoteers ... beware of the famed Pioneer Center ...free parking nga ... dami naman bukas kotse!!!!!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ako kasi pag walang masyadong guard na bantay ay kinakaibigan ko yung mga barkers oh bata...sabihan ko na bantayan nya auto ko tapos pag balik ko aabutan ko nalang sya ng 30pesos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Carnappers now in Pasig/Ortigas?! Please Read!