New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    projecting success is more important
    How would buying those developing market SUV's (o ayan ha no more THIRD WORLD for now) project success?? Buy a BMW, MB, Lexus or something like that....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    How would buying those developing market SUV's (o ayan ha no more THIRD WORLD for now) project success?? Buy a BMW, MB, Lexus or something like that....
    in Phil. middle income class, a new Monterosport is a status symbol

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Delusional. I don't know how a mass market SUV that you see everywhere can be considered status symbols. Shouldn't status symbols be RARE and FEW and EXCLUSIVE?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Correct. It really depends from which part of the totem pole you're viewing it from. To the poor, a shiny stainless owner jeep would make you top dog. With the middle class, it's your Monteros and Fortuners. To the uber-rich, BMWs, MBs, and Lexus doesn't even cut it for them anymore. To them, ANY car is strictly hoi-polloi and just a means of conveyance. Their talking private jets man! - Gulfstreams, Embraer, and Citations are their MBs of the sky!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think those are the standard cars really. Go to malls such as Trinoma, Megamall, SM North and you can almost stereotype those who buy such vehicles.

As for me, I personally see the Monty Sport and Fortuner for the middle class (primary car) and upper-middle to affluent (secondary car). Those with real money either buy an Innova, big van (Hiace/Starex), or high end Japs such as the Land Cruiser... then you have the Range Rover, BMW and American SUV guys. This is just my opinion.

When my wife finally learns to drive, i'm getting her a Crosswind (although in-demand ito sa provinces so baka nakawin pa rin). :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    money is intended to be spent...whats the use of working hard if you can't spend your money and buy luxuries...

Its not the car owners fault that he has the money to buy a vehicle,, its the authorities job to protect those citizens that pays their salaries through taxes...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have to agree. Hindi naman tayo mayamang bansa. Maski ako nagagandahan sa Montero/Fortuner lalo na't hindi ko afford. Kaya minsan ok din na yung hindi gaanong sikat na brand/model ang bilhin mo para hindi pansinin.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Delusional. I don't know how a mass market SUV that you see everywhere can be considered status symbols. Shouldn't status symbols be RARE and FEW and EXCLUSIVE?
    We're a 3rd world $hithole so pag ka-afford ka ng brand new car milyonaryo ka. Since you know, cars on average cost literally a million.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    It's always important na kasama yung carnap/carjack sa insurance. No hassle.
    About GPS tracker? Baka naman may pang track or hack mga carnappers/jackers? Uso pa naman phone hacking ngayon. Hehehe...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eld View Post
    We're a 3rd world so pag ka-afford ka ng brand new car milyonaryo ka. Since you know, cars on average cost literally a million.
    Point is its not really the price, the mere fact that is so common even in a THIRD WORLD $**Thole according to you does not make it qualify as a status symbol. Parang Nokia 3210 na sa dami ang Montero Sport eh as if naman anyone would be impressed. Status symbols sets you apart from the crowd. For many people P1.5M is a lot of money, but really it not status symbol anymore because its so common... Pang masa ika nga!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Caloocan police get 1st case of carjacking in months