New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ...since they cater to different markets.
    What they really want is to remove the "gray market" importers who can undercut them in price. But since everyone, including those with local factories, imports brand new, they push hard to exclude secondhand imports in order to eliminate as much competition as possible.

This is more important for them in the high-end market, where someone buying a brand new full-sized luxury sedan might instead buy one secondhand from overseas or nearly brand new from a gray market source.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK sana if they have good pricing for their products like in the US. Eh mamahalin na nga kulang kulang pa sa amenities, which is not the case with grey market importers be they brand new or used. Instead of collaborating with the government in removing the importers, maybe they should be collaborating with the government on how to make their price lists more competitive. Oh, and making their vehicles more competitive too. Some notable examples include the LC200 without power folding side mirrors (?!?!) and the Accord 3.5V6 without the cruise control (although its not important but cmon! the last gen had it! ) People who buy brand new or slightly used grey market cars are usually after the features and not the price. Why don't they give the people what they want?
    Last edited by GTi; January 31st, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    not pro di din anti. ok lang naman cagayan imports wag lang yun mga naka B plates na kung umasta sa daan e parang mga hari. Just an obsevation. May nakita din ako dati sa edsa bongo frendee na tumatalbog talbog na parang mawawalan ng control. nakakatakot panoorin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A bit of off-topic guys, but I've heard takaw huli daw ang mga imports?

Not really seen one being apprehended pero as per stories, magnet daw yung mga cars with B,R & Y plates sa mga lespu na gutom.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Not really seen one being apprehended pero as per stories, magnet daw yung mga cars with B,R & Y plates sa mga lespu na gutom.
    Yes it's true sir, Lalo na pag nasundan pa ng HPG sigurado flagdown, may mga kulang na clearances minsan

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A "B" plate is an instant flag-down with traffic enforcers with mission orders to check for expired registration, false registration, etcetera.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

"Y" plates? what is with the "Y" plates?
    I am visiting in Cebu right now and I see almost all brand new cars here have the Y plates.
    I even saw some in Ormoc and as far as Legaspi City.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    does someone have a list of ASEAN countries that sell average cars, and what prices they are selling these cars compared to here in the phlippines?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    "Y" plates? what is with the "Y" plates?
    I am visiting in Cebu right now and I see almost all brand new cars here have the Y plates.
    I even saw some in Ormoc and as far as Legaspi City.
    "Y" plate entered *Port of Cebu, while the "R" usually comes from Subic.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    How come our imported Bimmer has 'Z' plates? San yung galing?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
"Cagayan" imports, pro or anti?