New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This happened to us a week ago… The Shell gas station in Luneta is not
    Giving customers the proper amount of gas. The crooks in this station usually Calibrate their machines at night. In our case we came to this station 8pm. When I loaded up php 500.00 unleaded which is 13.94 liters I noticed that My gas gauge did not go up the same level as with other stations. Thinking That my gauge is not functioning properly, I took time to load 2 more times In gas stations in our area and the result are back to normal. So I suspect that Shell Luneta is somehow cheating customers. This station is well known and I’am a customer for many years also. The only difference is that I always go There not at night. This is the first time I came at night to get gas.

My advice… Avoid this station. It is difficult to argue with them since
    They will always tell you your gas guage is the problem and how to we contest
    It in the middle of the night???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to be fair with the gas station, siguro talagang iba lang ng level ng gas mo nun time na nagpakarga ka, kaya mas konti nun nagpakarga ka,

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    balikan mo dala ka bote ng soft dink for 1 liter para sure ka.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yes it's hard to bring down a business without an iota of proof... IMO..

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What a coincidence!

Nangyari na rin sa akin yan before at the same station during night time also... I loaded up 300 or 500 petot but the fuel needle barely moved. I thought that it will go up after I drive a few kilometers but it didn't! I ended up loading fuel again at Shell A. Bonifacio

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    yes it's hard to bring down a business without an iota of proof...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by x-wind View Post
    balikan mo dala ka bote ng soft dink for 1 liter para sure ka.
    Yep, this is a good idea, just to make sure. Do the same also to the gas stations in your area to serve as a comparison to that of Shell Luneta.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If they can shortchange a customer by not giving the right amount of fuel, what will stop them from diluting the fuel? I'll just add them to the list of stations to avoid.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    What a coincidence!

Nangyari na rin sa akin yan before at the same station during night time also... I loaded up 300 or 500 petot but the fuel needle barely moved. I thought that it will go up after I drive a few kilometers but it didn't! I ended up loading fuel again at Shell A. Bonifacio
    here's some proof - more complaints! tsk! tsk! it'll be nice to see and catch on tape the faces of who's pumping gas as well as their supervisors when you fill up a measured container and it comes up way short. tsk tsk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    With or without proof, it's better to avoid it to be sure. The thread starter's suspicion may be true.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    With or without proof, it's better to avoid it to be sure. The thread starter's suspicion may be true.
    We can do this simply. Bring a video camera (hidden in a bag, siguro) and a big plastic gas can. Tell them that your buddy's car has broken down and you need gas. Let them fill the can with 250 pesos, then walk out of sight and check the amount in the can.

Do this for three other gas stations and compare.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buyer beware : Shell station at Luneta