New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I was informed today, that outside my subdivision...a bus lost its brakes. I am located along the Aguinaldo HIghway, between Imus and Dasma...near the Kostal Wet Dry Market..British Academy. The bus was headed towards Manila-bound. The bus lost its brakes..and passengers and the conductor were trying to tell others that they had no brakes n to move out of the way. there werent many passengers. The bus was swerving side to side probably trying to slow down. Luckily there wasnt much oncoming traffic since it was early early morning..n everyone usually heads towards manila around that hour. I believe it hit a jeepney from behind as it was trying to load passengers at that intersection.. then after hitting the jeep It hit the pole near the Shell Gas Station..and the pole fell down. Ppl were hurt, my dad was there and said that somebody had blood coming from their ears, and the person said they had no money to pay for the hospital bill. my dad told them that the bus insurance will pay for it. he was going to take ppl to the hospital but ambulances and police were quickly there.

any news on this? it happened this morning..b4 6..around 5 i think. Ne thing on the news about this accident? what do you all think about this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    damn that is scary!!! imagine a swerving fast bus coming your way with no brakes!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    haayy bat kase binabyahe pa mga ganyang sasakyan... tsk tsk...

the thing is mahina na ang preno an bibilis pang tumakbo, go figure

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Its the same area where the Fortuner n Jeepney hit head on during Christmas time last yr if u all remember that thread. Yah, that area...going manila bound b4 that intersection, many cars are cruising pretty fast.. i find it hard sometimes to merge with traffic exiting my subdivision because of the cars that are going at a fast pace and don't want to slow down for me.

Vehicles..especially public transportation that transport our wives..gfs...brothers..mothers..children..students should be the safest vehicles on the road and should meet all requirements and standards with flying colors. They should have their brakes checked all the time, tires checked, brake lights, headlights n wipers checked. We rely on these public transportation vehicles but the gov or LTO aren't strict about safety.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Karamihan kasi ng mga buses is usually second-hand from other countries and mostly are more than 10 years old na. What these company do is kapag dilapidated na yung units nila, they just repaint and fix the exteriors, di na nila inaayos yung makina and other parts not seen by the naked eye. All they want is to keep these unit rolling in order to make money....

Tapos pag naaksidente, ayaw naman magbayad ng damages.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    [SIZE="4"]the problem is not the bus but the driver itself, the way they drive... hindi lang naman iyan lang ang nangyari incidente marami na as in... palagi dahilan nawalan ng brake, nawalan ng control, etc etc... its either lasing ang driver, naka droga, or simpleng kaskasero talaga lalo na pag mga gabi hanggan madaling araw talaga makikita mo sa kahabaan ng edsa, commonwealth avenue, ayala avenue, rizal avenue na nakikipag karera at lumilipad talaga as in ikaw talaga ang mapapa-tabi para sa mga hayop na mga !*#$% mga iyun... isa pa pag nakaaksidente sila tulad ng nakasagasa alam niyo ba ang aatrasan pa nila para matuluyan mamatay ang nasagasaan nila... hindi lang iyan mayayabang sila sa manubela pero pag may nangyari na eh parang isang bakla basang sisiw na tameme uurong na ang bayag worse tatakasan nila ang pangyayari... grabe nawala antok ko... nakakainis talaga mga ganyan na driver ha!!! mamatay na sana silang lahat[/SIZE]:fire:

Quote Originally Posted by chaued
    the problem is not the bus but the driver itself
    actually its a little of both, old dilapidated bus + undicipline driver who doesn't who a lick about road courtesy = recipe for disaster.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi i live and grew up in bacoor cavite. Isa na din reason bat nangyare iyan is poor maintenance nung bus. And i've heard sa isang office mate ko may nakita sya before na bus driver na galing baclaran, ung mga green na nde aircon na mas malaki sa baby bus. Some of them are taking rugby or drugs before sila magbiyahe.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dunno if swerving left and right will slow the bus down. mag bibilis pa nga lalo di ba? inengine brake na lang sana

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bus Lost Brakes and Crashed