New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    is it right for a brgy capt to permanently close a road?

here in barangay kapitolyo pasig, there is a road ( st martin or san rafael, i didnt get the exact name ) which used to be a shortcut to pass thru bo. kapitolyo proper instead of thru the very heavy traffic along shaw blvd fronting pasig capitolyo and pioneer street. this shortcut was closed sometime in december with a sign that said closed for 2 weeks for maynilad pipelaying, instead, two months passed and it was seemingly permanently closed. so, the traffic gridlock became worse along this portion of shaw blvd.

years before, a wider road, a few meters down the same shaw blvd going to c5, also in bo. kapitolyo and also serving as shortcut thru bo. kapitolyo, was also closed and a guarded entrance gate was put up and only those with kapitolyo stickers were allowed to pass.

the question is, these are public roads and to my knowledge, bo. kapitolyo is not an exclusive subdivision, so why are they closing these roads? i think this is worse than a similar closing of subdivision roads in paranaque years back, because this are public roads, not built by the subdivision developer or maintained by the subdivision homeowners.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's a private road, then it can be closed. But if it's a public road, then I don't think it should. If the barangay captain wants to provide his constituents some security, he should re-route traffic so that not all roads are used, but not all "helpful" roads are closed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this road is called san roque.
    probably, the barangay council made a resolution re. the closure.
    pero dapat meron mag-question nito sa cityhall, mmda and dpwh.

feeling taga-exclusive subd. yata itong mga kapitolyo?
    lahat ng kalye nila may gate, sarado nila ito kapag 10pm na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang weird nga jan... naghatid ako one-time ng mga past 10pm na... may guard na tapos nakalagay "no sticker, no entry".

Pero dinaanan ko lang sila ng paspas since nagulat din ako kung bakit may ganun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    this road is called san roque.
    probably, the barangay council made a resolution re. the closure.
    pero dapat meron mag-question nito sa cityhall, mmda and dpwh.

feeling taga-exclusive subd. yata itong mga kapitolyo?
    lahat ng kalye nila may gate, sarado nila ito kapag 10pm na.
    barangay palanan in makati also closes some streets at night. sa akin naman, ok lang to kung sa gabi, traffic will be lighter, and you can give the people living there a sense of security. but to close a public road in the day time, that's making it an exclusive road. hindi na tama yun.

Bo. Kapitolyo Road Closed Causing Gridlock