New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Nananahimik ako sa intersection sa P Guevarra near Petron. Then BLAM... kumadyot kotse ko forward. There was this silver 1st gen VIOS behind me. Fully tinted yung windshield so I couldn't see the face of the driver. The lights turned green. I didn't want to clog up the traffic so I signaled the driver that I'll be pulling over to let the other cars pass while we inspect damage.

I pulled over.

Then, the bastard didn't. He/she didn't even roll down his/her window to show his/her stupid face. Nag-GO lang siya with the rest of the cars. The car behind him/her was tailgaiting so I wasn't able to get the plate no. ZCH ata or ZCV yung letters.

I inspected the damage and it minor. Bumper still okay but there were nasty scratches caused by his/her plate number.

Ano ba naman yung mga taong yon! Had he/she pulled over, I'd have let him/her go because the damage was minor. Pero that bastard/bitch didn't even have the guts to own up for his/her folly.

Siguro nagte-text tapos hindi napansin na naka preno na yung mga kotse kaya niya ako nabunggo. Siguro wala siyang dalang lisensya. Ewan.

For whatever it's worth, I hope he/she meets his/her match soon. Better yet.. I hope he/she meets his/her MAKER soon.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Learning experience. Do not move your vehicle until you have at least talked to the person of the other vehicle and agree on something. Better yet, borrow his/her driver's license so you have something to hold on to so that they will follow you (or their complete name & address if they run).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Learning experience. Do not move your vehicle until you have at least talked to the person of the other vehicle and agree on something. Better yet, borrow his/her driver's license so you have something to hold on to so that they will follow you (or their complete name & address if they run).
    Sigh... I know...

This is not the first time I've been hit by another car. Those drivers were responsible enough to pull over and talk things out.
    Ito yung pinaka, PINAKA unang beses akong nakaenkwentro ng ganyang klaseng tao.

Sigh...next time, I'll know better. (But I hope there won't be a next time though.)

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^ sakto... part of daily traffic experience yung delays sa kalsada brought by accidents. Your intention na hwag makasagabal sa traffic flow is good, pero what's one or two minutes na usap muna kayo. sana binaba mo muna sya.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hindi mo sinubukang habulin?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    ^ sakto... part of daily traffic experience yung delays sa kalsada brought by accidents. Your intention na hwag makasagabal sa traffic flow is good, pero what's one or two minutes na usap muna kayo. sana binaba mo muna sya.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    +100000, until ma document niyo by taking pictures yun exact placement ng kotse niyo huwag mo alisin or until makapag ayos kayong mabuti kung sino at fault etc...

huwag mo na isipin yun ibang motorist sila matra-traffic lang ikaw nabangga..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hindi mo sinubukang habulin?
    Nope. Within 30 secs, naka kanan na siya sa Wilson, out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    +100000, until ma document niyo by taking pictures yun exact placement ng kotse niyo huwag mo alisin or until makapag ayos kayong mabuti kung sino at fault etc...

huwag mo na isipin yun ibang motorist sila matra-traffic lang ikaw nabangga..
    True. I guess hindi talaga maiiwasan mang-abala ng ibang drivers when things like these happen.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mahirap alisin sa position, pwede magkabaligtaran or worst yan nga matakbuhan. tulad ng nangyari nasapul ang likod, stay where it is kung tatakas yan malamang umatras muna.

nangyari dyan, nakasilip ng chance para makatakas, habulin mo man yan wala na rin or pwede na mag deny ang g*g0ng yun, mauwi pa sa gulo.

charged to experience na lang and sana matumbok rin sya.....not vios but delivery truck na may dalang baboy

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup, you shouldn't have moved the car. Maybe the driver thought that your signal is like an "it's fine" signal that is why he/she didn't go down anymore though he/she should have gone down. You should have chased that car.

That happened to me along EDSA Shaw. While I was waiting for the light to turn green, a car hit me and we both went down. At first look, we saw that his bumper went inside my bumper, just enough to make it bend. The light turned green so I said let's cross EDSA and bring our cars to the side as to let the traffic pass. Lo and behold, my bumper went back to its original state - self healed though it had some dents. I just shrugged it off and said nevermind.

The point is if he didn't go down from his car, I didn't move either. Nevermind if you're causing traffic, they could just go to another lane. You have to get the details first since once the driver runs, consider it done for you.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If the contact was light, it's also possible that he/she didn't felt it. You felt it because your car was stopped. You'll feel even as much as a knee hit from a crossing pedestrian.

He/she however, was moving and coming to a stop. He could've thought his tires fell into an imperfection on the road or maybe rolled on a debris and thought nothing of it.

Just shooting ideas and a benefit of a doubt. I'm with the other guys who suggested that both parties should acknowledge first that an accident occurred and take pictures of it before moving the vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Binunggo ako hit and run...