New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kotse,com FB Page...

Do you agree with the sign?

Does this sign tell the truth or trying to sell B.S.?
    IS BGC TRULY PHOTO FRIENDLY?

SYNOPSIS: Tripods + DSLRs are not allowed unless you apply for a permit first.

Was shooting (or tried shooting) in BGC yesterday. DSLR, tripod. Time was around 2pm. I Got asked for a permit 3 times by 3 different security marshals. Each time, I tried quoting the sign. But then after their persistent and rather unclear explanation of things, I agreed on one marshal's invitation to discuss the matter at the security office (on 7th street).

My question was very simple. What does this sign mean? If BGC is photo friendly, why am I being asked for a permit just because I had a tripod with me. I did not find the word "tripod" nor "no tripods allowed" in the sign.

Here are the plethora of answers and retorts I got from the security officers:

1. My camera is "sophisticated." It looks professional. Several times they mentioned it was big. Sophisticated, professional and big cameras are NOT allowed. I reread to them the clause in the sign. ALL CAMERAS ALLOWED. I don't know if they heard me but they insisted that if I was to use my camera, I better get a permit.

2. I replied: "Sabi po sa sign na eto, kung kasal, debut or pang commercial/advertisement and kukunan ko, dapat akong kumuha ng permit. Eh hindi ko naman po ginagawa ngayon yun... andito lang ako para mag practice mag photography. I'm taking pictures for myself. Their reply was "hindi namin alam ang tunay mong gustong kunan."

Huh? "Pwede nyo naman po itanong yun. Atska wala naman po akong kasamang model or debutante or ikakasal, why are you assuming I'm shooting something na kailangan permit? Again, no concrete reason given. Basta bawal tripod. Kailangan kumuha muna ng permit pag may tripod.

The assumption is, if you look professional and your gear looks professional, you must be doing commercial work. You need to get a permit.

Incidentally, there was a BF-GF couple shooting before I went to the security office. The guy had his camera on a tripod but he was using it as a sort of gimbal/stabilizer for a video he was shooting his GF. They too got approached by the marshall...because of the tripod!

3. There was this (arrogant) guy who was sitting in a table away from our discussion, he was behind his laptop, suddenly cutting in. "Parang party yan eh! Pag inimbita ka, bubuksan mo ba pati yung ref?! Private property to, hindi basta-basta pwede gawin yung gusto nyo."

Okaaay. I wanted to ask eto ba ang "friendly" in "BGC is Photo Friendly" but decided against it. I just replied, "anlayo na po nyan sa tanong ko, hindi naman po ako pumunta ng party."

Private property, maraming bawal. Then what's with this Photo Friendly sign? I interpreted it as an invitation. Passionate minds can come here in BGC and enjoy photography. Apparently, even after explaining my non-commercial intentions, I cannot practice my kind of picture-taking here.
    Read More:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 24th, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Not at all! my family went there on saturday at nasita ako ng guard for taking a photo of that "BGC is photo friendly" notice with my DSLR! (D4, 24-70, SB910 mounted setup). Hindi na ako nakipag argue at itinago nalang ang camera ko at nilabas nalang nung nag dinner kami sa restaurant.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What's new? Security personnel don't know how to bend rules. Dekahon ang pag iisip and judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    take note, pati DVR/blackbox bawal din. may napanood akong video sa facebook na naka Vespa yata tapos may DVR, hinabol ng 2 marshals para sabihin bawal mag video.

mga ogag. S&R nalang ang pinupuntahan ko sa BGC. pero konti nalang pati S&R diyan hindi ko na pupuntahan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    On one hand, i really think the BGC people are trying to put up some sort of "mini-Singapore" there in BGC...but i really think mali diskarte nila. At least in my limited experience, arogante ang dating ng mga roving guards diyan. i think it may be part of their training to be that way, especially when dealing with difficult people..but imho hindi sila marunong bumasa sa sitwasyon, parang ang trato sa lahat (pwera na siguro mga foreigner, although some snotty British skateboarding teens got beat up) e taga squatter.

This may backfire on them someday; do you think arrogant guards will leave a good impression on the other people there?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat pala tanggalin na yung sign na yun. Bawal naman pala, bakit pa nilagay yan.......

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sana magviral and magadjust sila ng policies nila.

One time though I was able to take some shots with my tripod and SLR in BGC. Nilapitan ako ng guard at nagtanong tanong. Sabi ko personal use pero makulit pa rin. Dinadrag ko lang conversation while continuing my shots and then nung natapos ako umalis nalang rin ako. 😝
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1416809058.626168.jpg  
    Last edited by jut703; November 24th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as i said in the other thread, don't go there. boycott. and spread the word. let them run out of business. as long as you people keep going there and spending your money then they will not learn.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    as i said in the other thread, don't go there. boycott. and spread the word. let them run out of business. as long as you people keep going there and spending your money then they will not learn.
    that is why i really avoid going there on personal matters. pag may meeting lang sa client.
    labo din ng mga traffic rules dyan eh....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pero bakit kaya sa BGC area lang ganyan? sa Glorietta/Ayala Center makati ok naman mga guards and rules dito.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast