New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Since this is my first post, I wanted to contribute something useful to everyone. Too bad it ahd to be in Goon Squad section though.

May this also serve as warning to everyone buying "used" cars from car lots.

Saw this ad here in tsikot:
    Not bad for a 6 year old hiace 60,000km

http://tsikot.yehey.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/106606/cat/11

But then after some research (thanks to yahoo)
    I SAW THIS AD!! (from Aug 2009)

http://www.phadpost.com/ph/vehicles/...ickups_cavite/

You be the judge!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I posted in his ad asking what the deal was with the mileage discrepancy. Good for you looking out for other members.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Oh wow,- these kind of guys should be barred from making these types of malicious ads....

8701:soccer:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Owned by the TS. Ganito naman style ng mga dealer. Dadayain ang mileage to make it appear na competitive ang price. From 400k na original price ng original seller naging 480k pagdating sa dealer? Sa mga 2nd hand buyer, lalo na mga baguhan tulad ko, ingat po tayo. Always consider the overall condition ng sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Pansinin nyo lang mabuti yung dalawang pictures nung Hi-Ace. I noticed two differences:

1. Nagbago ang windshield -- wala na yung maraming stickers sa salamin
    2. The plate number changed design from Rizal monument to plain Matatag na Republika (though the same number)

Paano kaya nangyari y'un? hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Caveat Emptor!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Nope sir. Same lang po sila na rizal plate. Medyo burado na po yung sa tsikot classifieds. And duon sa ano, tsikot classifieds nagkaron na siya ng hubcaps. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=4]res ipsa loquitur . . .[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    my point of view is, the add from august 2009 was the original owner, then this buy & sell maybe bought it from him then resale it, then posted it september 2009, hmmnn....binago ang itsura, maybe did some upgrades sa tires kaya naka-hubs na. and a little detailing work kaya nawala stickers and luminaw yung plates. but then sinindikato yung mileage! hehehe! loko loko tong buy&sell na to! siguro mga 350k lang nya nabili to? what do you think guys?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude View Post
    my point of view is, the add from august 2009 was the original owner, then this buy & sell maybe bought it from him then resale it, then posted it september 2009, hmmnn....binago ang itsura, maybe did some upgrades sa tires kaya naka-hubs na. and a little detailing work kaya nawala stickers and luminaw yung plates. but then sinindikato yung mileage! hehehe! loko loko tong buy&sell na to! siguro mga 350k lang nya nabili to? what do you think guys?
    Correct. 400k ang selling price before tapos negotiable pa. The original owner hindi nya tinamper then kinuha ng dealer, tinamper odometer now its selling for 480k. Tawaran mo 450k kasi low mileage. Sabagay, karamihan ng dealer ganito ang gawain..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Beware of used cars form car lots: a sample