New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Second, you forgot one of the basic dictums of responsible gun ownership: never point your gun at anything you don't want destroyed.
    not trying to start an argument but i humbly disagree with you bro. i'm also a responsible gun owner, i used to think like that but not anymore because of two encounters that i needed to draw my gun.

the first one was a couple of years ago when i was going to my girlfriend's(now wife) house, it was around 9pm nag cocommute palang ako non so i was walking near her house and passed by a couple of drunk guys nag iinuman sa kalsada ayon nag balak pag tripan ako. papalapit pa lang sila sa akin and from their approach i immediately knew they were up to no good, i was carrying IWB didn't point my gun at them but lifted my shirt and held the grip of my gun and told them to back off and they did. in that kind of situation by law i am already allowed to shoot them and protect my self especially some of them picked up their bottle to use it as a weapon lalo na naka inom sila kahit san corte di sila mananalo pag nag demanda sila. if i didn't have a gun i'm 100% sure i could've been seriously hurt or worse, i didn't shoot them because i don't want to kill anyone unless i really have to but if they didn't back off syempre di na ako mag dadalawang isip.

the other story is another long story so i won't post it anymore. anyway from that situation i learned that there are times that you don't have to fire your gun to eliminate the threat, and that my gun can become a tool to prevent situations like that to escalate any further.

btw i agree with you that frozenice was wrong for proviking the other guy.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ako i don't own a gun,i'm armed with my principles in life.hindi po ako nagsisimula ng gulo dahil takot akong mapaaway pero pagdating na sa pag aangas sa akin ng ganon na wala naman akong ginagawa maybe i should use my skills haha... I'm a psychiatric nurse as well as an educator kayamost probably i understand human behaviors pero syempre may hangganan pag iintindi. Opo medyo madali lang ako naka sakay nag jeep na lang ako

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    not trying to start an argument but i humbly disagree with you bro. i'm also a responsible gun owner, i used to think like that but not anymore because of two encounters that i needed to draw my gun.

the first one was a couple of years ago when i was going to my girlfriend's(now wife) house, it was around 9pm nag cocommute palang ako non so i was walking near her house and passed by a couple of drunk guys nag iinuman sa kalsada ayon nag balak pag tripan ako. papalapit pa lang sila sa akin and from their approach i immediately knew they were up to no good, i was carrying IWB didn't point my gun at them but lifted my shirt and held the grip of my gun and told them to back off and they did. in that kind of situation by law i am already allowed to shoot them and protect my self especially some of them picked up their bottle to use it as a weapon lalo na naka inom sila kahit san corte di sila mananalo pag nag demanda sila. if i didn't have a gun i'm 100% sure i could've been seriously hurt or worse, i didn't shoot them because i don't want to kill anyone unless i really have to but if they didn't back off syempre di na ako mag dadalawang isip.

the other story is another long story so i won't post it anymore. anyway from that situation i learned that there are times that you don't have to fire your gun to eliminate the threat, and that my gun can become a tool to prevent situations like that to escalate any further.

A discussion between cool-headed, civilized people is always good.

First of all, I would like to clarify that I'm not a lawyer, but in my search on literature regarding responsible gun ownership, I've come upon several articles and and I try to discuss them whenever I can. After all, we can all learn from them.

When gun owners are threatened, we are faced with the decision on whether to use our weapon or not. Our decision may be a life-changing event. After all, you'll never know how the situation would end up, right? But once we commit to showing our weapon, we must be prepared to use it. You were prepared to shoot at the time to defend yourself.

My point was that we should never tote our weapons just to gain an upper hand in a traffic altercation. My question to sir frozenice is: if he took another step, would you really have taken his life?

You were inside your car and he was outside, what could he have done to you? Poke you with his "makintab na adjustable"? By the way, I never did get what "makintab na adjustable" is. Is it a wrench or a knife?

Anyway, just an added info: If circumstances forced us to use deadly force, we must be prepared to defend ourselves in a court of law.

We must always prove that we used it in self defense.

Under the law,
    Anyone who acts in defense of his person or rights, provided that the following circumstances concur;

First. Unlawful aggression.

Unlawful aggression presupposes an actual or imminent danger on the life or limb of a person. Mere shouting, intimidating or threatening attitude of the victim, assuming that to be true, does not constitute unlawful aggression. Real aggression presupposes an act positively strong, showing the wrongful intent of the aggressor, which is not merely a threatening or intimidating attitude, but a material attack. Examples are the pointing of a gun or the brandishing of a knife or other deadly weapon.

Second. Reasonable necessity of the means employed to prevent or repel it.

Third. Lack of sufficient provocation on the part of the person defending himself.”
    In your example sir foresterx, I think you won't have any difficulty defending yourself on a court of law. There was no provocation, you were just walking peacefully when several drunk men started making questionable actions against you. There were several of them and some of them were armed with broken bottles so you were justified to use deadly force. Third, there was no provocation on your part.

Now let’s look at frozenice’s example:

eh nagkataon na may bumaba na pasahero naka overtake ako
    so ako na ang nasa harap binagalan ko sobra at di ko pinapa overtake...

pero magaling si kumag at di ko kayang lumaban sa fx niya kaya naka abante at
    binabaan ako ng adjustable na sobrang kintab in action to hit my car or to me siguro...

then, my 40 S&W pointed to him directly and sabi ko lagn subukan mo lumapit ng isa
    pang hakbang... ayun umalis din hehehehe....
    There is unlawful aggression on his opponent’s part because he was approached with an “adjustable na makintab”. He can also claim in court that this constitutes a reasonable necessity of the means employed to prevent or repel the attack. However, he would be hard-pressed to prove that there was no sufficient provocation on his part, di ba?

Some more added info:

Saying “then, my 40 S&W pointed to him directly and sabi ko lagn subukan mo lumapit ng isa
    pang hakbang...” constitutes a crime of grave threats.

A. Grave Threats under Article 282 - the act threatened to be done is a crime e.g. to kill, to burn or destroy property, to box or to inflict injuries
    1. Conditional: the accused makes a demand so that he will not do what he threatened, such as a demand for money or another condition which may not be unlawful. (pointing a gun then saying sige, subukan mo lang lumapit isa pang hakbang…)

2 Unconditional- there is simply a declaration to do wrong or harm amounting to a crime. E.g.: “I am tired of looking at your face. I might as well kill you”

3. But if the threat was made in the heat of anger and the accused did not persist, it is Light Threats. E.g: In a heated quarrel the accused uttered: “ Uubusin ko kayong magpapamilya” but did not do anything more. If he however gets a weapon and moves towards his opponent, the crime is grave threats.
    The penalty for this is arresto mayor and a fine not exceeding P500.

Art. 283. Light threats. — Any threat to commit a wrong not constituting a crime, made in the manner expressed in subdivision 1 of the next preceding article, shall be punished by arresto mayor.

Art. 285. Other light threats. — The penalty of arresto menor in its minimum period or a fine not exceeding 200 pesos shall be imposed upon:

1. Any person who, without being included in the provisions of the next preceding article, shall threaten another with a weapon or draw such weapon in a quarrel, unless it be in lawful self-defense.
    2. Any person who, in the heat of anger, shall orally threaten another with some harm not constituting a crime, and who by subsequent acts show that he did not persist in the idea involved in his threat, provided that the circumstances of the offense shall not bring it within the provisions of Article 282 of this Code.

3. Any person who shall orally threaten to do another any harm not constituting a felony.
    So in your case naman po, since you showed them your firearm, this alone would constitute light threats. But since there was unlawful aggression, your action was sufficient to prevent the threat, and there was no provocation on your part, you can safely say that you acted in self defense.

Any inputs from real lawyers would be appreciated.
    Last edited by praetor91313; March 9th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    agree on your very informative post bro. btw are you a member of a gun forum?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sino nakabangga siya mag adjust sa naperwisyo niya

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Masyado lang kaseng mga aroganteng puv drivers minsan talaga tama lang na hinuhuli sila ng mga enforcers dahil sa mga violations nila tapos sila pa mga maangas at pilosopo

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Kung sino nakabangga siya mag adjust sa naperwisyo niya
    naligaw ng thread post mo brader shadow. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga

naligaw ng thread post mo brader shadow. hehehe
    Wala ng baril baril, banggaan na. Hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Kung sumasakay kayo ng public utility vehicle magdala kayo ng pepper spray. Yan sigurado kahit ikaw pa aggressor mababaw lang penalty.

Ang baril naman mahirap iputok kung hindi self-defense. Gusto nyo ba makulong at pag pyestahan tumbong nyo. Isipin nyo kung ano kalagayan ng prison dito philippines. Ako nga naiinis pag maliit ang kwarto what more pa sa prison. Isipin mo araw-araw at gabi-gabi ka nakipaglips to lips sa kili-kili at amoy paa. Yung baril ko nga nasasayang lang dahil hanggang firing range ko lang nagagamit. Minsan sa pader sa garden. Gusto ko nga gayahin si ryan jaworski na nagbabaril ng mga daga sa kalsada.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post

kasi yung situation sa last part before the gun point siya yung bumaba at lumapit saken
    my act was a self defense or rather to stop him to go near me with hes weapon...

if i havnt had that gun i might ended up in the hosp? 6 ft below? or car in casa. either way... i wont allow it.

i agree with you, there are times that we dont need to pull the trigger... if need to show JUST TO STOP the stituation i will.
    im a responsible gun owner i know for myself, in this manila world you dont know really who is the BG...

matakutin kasi ako bro kaya as much as possible i dont want any threat going near me specially someone armed.

like i said, we have similar incident and i under-estimate the threat kasi it was just a wood around 3-4ft long
    like 1x2" yata so i think it will not kill you and most likely you will end up broken bones,but i was wrong
    4 of us ended in PGH ung isa comma died after 4 days. we didnt run kasi we thought that we could talk peacefully
    we even offer them to buy "beers" (kasi mga tambay eh) ... connecting with the sitauation...

Kailangan ba ba natin hintayin na paluin tayo or saksakin tayo para lang may self defense? the act itself will tell na.
    i learn from past experience.... kaya i decided.. 2 roads waiting for you its prison or 6ft below... im willing to
    protect myself/love ones even if i will end up in prison.

*praetor91313
    it was a long wrench...siguro mga 2ft.

meron din siguro ako mali, pero sken naman is water to water..
    kapag gitgit mo ko siguro git git din kita or kapag tinulak moko itutulak din kita.
    sabi nga sa mga gun seminars, kapag sinuntok ka e di suntukin mo din NO need FA
    in my case i will run.

pero, someone using a tool in aggression towards you is a different story.

if ONLY we have 911 then really i think FA is most likely be seen in ranges nalang.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Beware sa aroganteng driver white uv or gt express ayala-tikling