New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ingat lang po. Ibang MO na naman ito..........

ABS-CBNNews.com
    14 Feb 2008

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage...StoryID=112200

Student Falls prey to Drive-by Snatching M.O.

A student in Quezon City became the latest victim of a drive-by snatching modus operandi allegedly being used by street criminals, ABS-CBN News reported Friday.

Police said the 23-year-old woman was dragged by a car after its driver grabbed her bag on her way home Friday.

The victim was on her way home from school when she passed by a white Toyota Corolla without license plates near the corner of Lantana and Betty Go Belmote Streets. After the victim passed by the car, the vehicle started tailing her. As the car passed by the victim, its driver grabbed her bag.

The victim was unable to let go of her bag immediately, forcing her to be dragged by the speeding car. The victim suffered wounds in different parts of her body. Her aunt immediately called the police hotline 117 to report the incident. The victim is currently at the emergency room of St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City.

Police investigators immediately patrolled the area where the crime took place.
    Police said that this could be a new modus because the driver was alone in the vehicle. They warned people not to show valuables such as mobile phones in public to avoid being victimized by criminals.

Second in a week

Friday's incident followed a similar case on Tuesday when a girl identified as "Kristine" was dragged by a taxicab along Makopa Street in Barangay Sto. Domingo in Quezon City.

Kristine did not notice that the car passed by her side. She was surprised when the driver suddenly grabbed her shoulder bag and sped off. The victim did not let go of her bag, forcing the driver to drag her along the street for almost 50 meters before she was left lying face down on the street.

The incident was captured by a neighbor’s closed-circuit television camera.
    Kristine suffered gashes on her back and limbs.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I saw the video. It's downright cruel. Imagine dragging a woman 30 feet on the asphalt?

Mga halang talaga ang kaluluwa ng mga gumagawa nito

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Criminals will always find new ways to make a quick buck.
    Among the 2 incidents, I was wondering lang kung sakaling nasa bangketa naglalakad yung victims, baka hindi maabot bag nila.
    As much as possible, avoid walking alone. Police visibilty sana laging meron... kaso wala yatang pondo para sa gas yung mga mobile units. Better street lighting na rin sana.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    baka walang pang-gasolina yung may ari ng kotse kaya nang-iisnatch..

kidding aside...dapat lagi tayong aware sa paligid natin. iba na ang mga kriminal ngayon. very creative and ingenious na ang mga modus nila.

sana ay mahuli na yung h!nayup*k na snatcher na yon!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    big time na sila! dati motorcyle lang gamit nila, now they're on four wheels!! tsk tsk tsk

take care always people! :thumbup:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ito yung pinakita sa TV Patrol na nakunan ng CCTV camera. Kawawa yung babae

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also saw that sa news, I think it's not really a MO or that driver is not a full blown robbers or criminal...

me thinks that he was just having a trip....walang magawa siguro bored or something and the girl was just on the wrong place and time...

kasi if you'll really think about it, the girl is a student and her hand bag will not hold a very valuable items naman siguro...I mean what's the most expensive thing inside a student's bag..cellphone, which will just cost a few thousand?

I mean if he was a career criminal, he won't risk everything just to be able to get a measly cellphone...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    I saw the video. It's downright cruel. Imagine dragging a woman 30 feet on the asphalt?

Mga halang talaga ang kaluluwa ng mga gumagawa nito
    sir do u still have the link?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tiboyx3m View Post
    Criminals will always find new ways to make a quick buck.
    Among the 2 incidents, I was wondering lang kung sakaling nasa bangketa naglalakad yung victims, baka hindi maabot bag nila.
    As much as possible, avoid walking alone. Police visibilty sana laging meron... kaso wala yatang pondo para sa gas yung mga mobile units. Better street lighting na rin sana.
    Yes, dapat nga everyone should be wary of their surroundings wherever they are. Be extra cautious na lang.

+1 on better street lighting. Without this, makaka-iwas ka nga sa snatcher sa daan, yari ka naman sa snatcher sa bangketa .

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Talagang marami ang naghihirap at walang trabaho. Doble Ingat lang tayo.

:yawn:[SIZE="1"]3471[/SIZE]

Check my blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Beware of this new MO: "Drive-by Snatching"