New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Saw this in Umagang Kay Ganda this morning.

The dog was a Belgian Malinois.

The story goes a little like this,

Yung babae natuwa daw sa aso. So kinausap (more of nilandi probably) niya yung handler, tapos after a little small talk, pinayagan siyang ipet yung dog. So napet niya na. Pero tuloy small talk parin. So I would assume medyo significant yung duration nung pagpet. Tapos ayun while she was flirting with the handler dinakma daw siya. Gently lang daw (pwede ba yun?!) halos di niya daw naramdaman. Tapos ayun dinala siya sa hospital, rabies shots, etc.

napikon siguro yun aso, sa dami ng pinagdaan nya police training, i-treat lang sya parang aso sa tiendesitas

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Bomb sniffing/security K-9's are trained to become efficient tools for their handlers, and should be treated accordingly...in other words, these dogs are not meant to be pets.

My kids love dogs, but I never allow them to approach security K-9's, not even to pet any dogs that they might see in the mall.

If she is a dog lover/pet owner as she claims, then she should know that cardinal rule.

As for the K-9 handler...his role is to keep his eyes on the dog and not on the woman. He's supposed to be working, not flirting or chatting with the mallrats.

They should pay for her bills and update their protocols.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Saw this in Umagang Kay Ganda this morning.

The dog was a Belgian Malinois.

The story goes a little like this,

Rebuttal nung lawyer, "Ah, hindi po ako marunong magsinungaling. Hindi po ako marunong magsinungaling."

So ayun yung kwento. By the looks of it, ogags lang talaga yung lawyer. He lost me at "hindi po ako marunong magsinungaling." And yung babae hindi naman mukhang naghahabol lang ng pera (50k yung gastos), talagang nagcocomplain siya kasi the mall didn't owe up to the accident.
    OT: Kung ang abugado, hindi marunong magsinungaling,- lahat ng mga kriminal at masasamang loob,- nasa kalaboso ngayon....

11.3K:snow:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanga kasi nun babae eh, bakit niya i-pet yun aso? kasalanan naman ng handler dahil pinayagan niya.

I think yun pag yuko ng girl ang nag cause ng attack, threaten yun aso sa way ng pag yuko nun babae.

it happened in Cash and Carry btw.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Just wondering if the dogs we see in malls are real k-9s or just ordinary dogs made to look like one. Everyone knows napakamahal mag train ng k9 and napansin ko kasi some of the dogs pag pina-amoy sa likod ng car parang hinihila lang nung handler para ilapit ang nose sa trunk.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hahaha! Nice one, CVT.

I agree, pareho nilang kasalanan yun. The mall should just pay for her bills-- di tapos na ang istorya di ba?

Three doses lang naman yun ng rabies vaccine. Ang nagpamahal dun yung human rabies immunoglobulin. Syempre kasama pa ang tetanus vaccine at human Ig din.

Three doses lang dahil sigurado namang vaccinated yung K9 di ba? so on the 14th day of observation buhay pa yun. Five doses lang naman pag namatay ang aso during the 14 days observation.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think the K-9 handler is also at fault because he allowed the girl to pet the dog. Our family loves dogs and we used to have 2 pitbulls, 2 rotts and 1 Boxer at home. We know the temperament of the pitbullls and rotts so eventhough they appear to be docile we don't let visitors come near them (not that anyone wants to).

Anyway, I am wondering what triggered the dog to bite. If she is really a dog lover as she claims to be then she should know the protocol as mentioned by Big_daddy. She should let the dog smell the back of her hand first and see how the dog reacts. Also she must have made a sudden movement or she looked at the dog straight in the eye. For sure may trigger yan.

I am not too scared about petting other dogs because there were several instances where I made friends with the neighbors through my or their dogs. I remember this old guy with a HUGE rott named Tiny that he'd bring every morning to the tennis court. I looked forward to playing with Tiny in between sets. Super CUTE! Still I wouldn't pet a Belgian Malinois. I agree that K9s should be left to themselves. Lapse of judgement pala on my part to pet a K9 kahit labrador. Dami kasing nag pet so naki pet na din ako
    Last edited by _Cathy_; November 18th, 2010 at 11:14 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by garci View Post
    Just wondering if the dogs we see in malls are real k-9s or just ordinary dogs made to look like one. Everyone knows napakamahal mag train ng k9 and napansin ko kasi some of the dogs pag pina-amoy sa likod ng car parang hinihila lang nung handler para ilapit ang nose sa trunk.
    Then only way to find out is by trying to bring in explosives to the mall. Kung hindi na-detect, nagpapanggap lang yung aso.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Then only way to find out is by trying to bring in explosives to the mall. Kung hindi na-detect, nagpapanggap lang yung aso.

or baka pagod na rin yung K9?
    minsan nakaka-awa din sila(K9s), though may shifting s din sila... yet these animals deserves a break and playing with those tennis ball to ease boredom/stress seems not enough.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    a pet dog, a guard dog and a k9 dog.... whole lotta difference...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Beware of K-9s in Malls...