New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    An e-mail is circulating our office. Is this true? If it is, then nakakatakot na talaga dito sa pinas..

Subject: BEWARE - FAKE ROAD VICTIM
    THIS IS NOT A JOKE

IT HAPPENED TO US MONTHS AGO ALONG BUENDIA AVE. MAKATI.

It was noon time, Ning was driving (5kph) along the traffic in Buendia Ave., Makati (with Me and Hannah). A man with a plastic bag of rotten mango (peel) walk toward her and smashed the bag against the side mirror, splattering the window with the rotten mango, and fell on the road. He got up with a little blood on his elbow and told us that we broke his bottle of medicine (which was nowhere to be found) that is worth P500. When I handed P100 to him, he picked up a rock and threaten to smash our window... I had to make a quick decision between...

a) paying a few thousand Pesos for the repair of a wind shield
    b) Ning being arrested and extorted by the Makati Police for "reckless imprudence resulting to physical injury"
    c) giving him what he demanded (P500) which I grudgingly did.

IT HAPPENED TO US AGAIN YESTERDAY (DEC. 26) ALONG AURORA BLVD.

About noon time, while driving (with Ning & Gavin in the car) along the narrow two-lane road of Aurora Blvd. I saw a man with a plastic bag in his hand walking toward us on the road instead of on the side walk. I knew there was enough space between him and the car so I drove on (maybe 30kph) without slowing down. Suddenly, I heard something hit my side mirror and when I look behind, I saw the man lying on the road. The window on the right side was splattered with yellowish (yucky vomit-like) staff. Had it not happened about 6 months ago, I would have stopped the car and bring the man to the nearest hospital. But because exactly the same thing happened before, I just drove on looking at the man on the road through the side mirror... who was back on his feet as if nothing happened.

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IT'S A FAKE?

1) A victim that is hit by a moving car would be thrown in front of the car from impact. The 2 fakes fell toward the right rear side of the car... probably to avoid being ran over.

2) On both incident, the windshield/ side window of the car was splattered with "yellow yucky stuff"... probably to create a dramatic scene to cars that passed by and exaggerate the evidence of impact. SUCH A GENIUS FOR AN INVENTOR OF EVIL (Romans 1).

3) The victim will extort money from you.

WHAT MUST I DO?

1) PRAY THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOU.
    2) BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS, specially if you see a man with a plastic bad walking toward you..
    3) IF THERE IS A POLICEMAN AROUND, report it at the scene & PRAY that he is not part of the MODUS OPERANDI... Many policemen are aware of the trick and the public had been warned about it in the news.
    4) AGAIN, PRAY THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOU.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Yep this is true
    Had the exact same thing happen to me at Taft near the Quirino LRT station a couple of years ago.

Mine was holding some takeout styrofoam, I was doing 30kph when he bumped into the right side of my car. Its funny because he came from the left side of the road and already passed me. The guy asked for 300 pesos because I broke the bottle of medicine he was carrying.

And yes, also threatened me with a rock

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    panahon pa ni Pres. Magsaysay, may ganitong modus na.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hayyy. Why can't the poor just keep themselves to themselves - no offence meant, just pi$$es me off everytime I hear stories about street beggars, children window washers and now this!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sorry, it's not about being poor. It's about not willing to do what is right to get onesself out of poverty. I used to be poor... As in sometimes only able to afford two meals a day. But I worked my way up to have a relatively comfortable life right now... Not rich, but quite comfortable.

Besides, these acts of fooling people to make money isn't just about the poor one upping the rich. Even rich people do that... Some even millionaires. Remember Madoff?

I just had to say my piece because, I, who used to be poor, with no connections, and not necessarily the smartest guy out there, managed to lift myself up through perseverance and hard work, and without conning or taking advantage of others. And there are others like me... Poor people who chose to do right.

Back to topic:

I had a friend who experienced something like this. He was cruising along Timog when he saw a group of teenagers walking on the sidewalk. He was relatively far from the sidewalk as there were a few cars now and then parked as it was early morning. One of the kids, who was carrying a plastic bag, veered slowly toward him with the bag swinging. At that time he thought nothing of it. Then he heard a thud and the sound of breaking glass. Then he heard the kids shouting, claiming he hit the boy with the bag and broke bottles of soft drinks. As it was dark, he got frightened and drove off quickly. At home, he saw a small dimple on the rear door, presumably the spot where the bag with bottles hit him.

It's sad that otherwise helpful motorists now become suspicious and unwilling to be involved even if there are legitimate reasons to help simply because of the dastardly acts of a few.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Happened to me too along Espana going to Quiapo right after I passed UST.

Traffic is slowly coming to a stop when a guy with a styrofoam containing some pasta smashed himself sa right side mirror ko. Sa calculation ko as driver di ko siya tatamaan so I was surprised na tinamaan siya ng sidemirror ko. I looked at my rear view natumba siya sa kalye sabay takbo papunta sakin since traffic stopped na. He begged for money dahil natapon ko daw yung bitbit niya na pagkain. I quickly thought this is a modus operandi.

First, if I hit him squarely, dapat sa right side siya ng bumper tumama at hindi sa side mirror lang. Second, ang natural reaction ng nabundol is to get freaking mad at the driver, not beg for alms.

Kinukulit ako pero di ko binabaan ng bintana. Yung kasama ko rin sa passenger seat sabi he saw na inextend niya ang elbow niya para ma bangga sa side mirror ko.

Wag papadali sa fake. Sa sobrang kulit ng taong to, di ko na lang pinansin and I went my way with a lot of pasta sauce sa bintana at door ko sa passenger side. Muntik ko na nga paluin ng para matauhan ang manloloko.

Be aware din sa surroundings. If you know you are right, wag magpatalo sa mga gumagawa ng gantong modus operandin.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I remembered encountering this kind of situation at baguio. Was doing around 15kph on city proper and saw this guy walking almost on the middle lane. Instinctively gave a short beep but side mirror still slightly tap his arms.

Side mirror was slightly folded and the man was just standing. Yet he was asking for 1k for xray and medicines. Told him it was just a tap, but he was insistent. So I said "Ganoon ba? Sige bugbugin muna kita para sulit naman ako sa ibibigay sayo"

He was suddenly 'healed' and quickly walked away.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    narinig ko ito kahapon lang sa mga bus drivers sa school ng anak ko. nangyari somewhere sa araneta ata? yung driver nakatunog na ginag*go sya. nag offer sya ng pera pero sama muna daw yung nabundol kuno. pinasakay nya sa likod ng bus at dinala sa pulis o baranggay?
    ingat na lang tsyo.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    In QC, I was backing up from parking. I heard a thud, and when I went down may isang Mokong nakadapa. Sabi niya I hit him daw.

I smelled a Scam, kaya I went back in the car and drove away and gave him the finger.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    leche naman tong mga to. poor na nga sila gumagawa pa ng masama. instead na maawa lalo nakakainit ng ulo tong mga to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
BEWARE - FAKE ROAD VICTIM <-- Any truth to this?