New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My father-in-law was rushed to the UDMC 2 months ago due to a stroke. Hindi na namin hinintay ang family doctor, nung ni-rush sa ER, we just let the ER staff make the decisions until he was stabilized. Our doctor visited him that day, 8 hours after we rushed him there.
    This is the part I was saying on how difficult it would be to explain the situation to our brothers and sisters outside of the field. It's a case to case basis. There are different kinds of strokes. And the management of a lot of them have become 'de-kahon' already. In theory, you can indeed manage a stroke patient long enough for the attending to arrive at an unhurried pace. Just run the necessary tests, call the attending, listen to his orders, carry out orders. And when he arrives he'll have the benefit of the lab/diagnostics results already (which were done earlier).

Whether you choose to transfer service to another physician is your choice. The hospital staff will just give you the information necessary to make an informed choice. But no doctor in his right mind would 'steal' another doctor's private patient. If you were hanging in the balance, the least the on-duty physician can do is call the attending physician and inform him that a private case of his has arrived and he would have to intervine right then and there.

But again, people will ask what the fine line between waiting for the attending and jumping into action is. Again, it's case to case. It's something you gain from years of training and experience.

When I had a suspected appedicitis, I was rushed by my dad to UST. My attending surgeon is Dr. Regal. When the hospital contacted him, he was in Pampanga [it was a Sunday morning]. While waiting all the necessary tests were run and by the time he arrived, he already had the results on hand. In the end, I was not operated on [diagnosis was not AP].

If people think that being on-call is fun and glamorous, it's really not. Just a few Sundays ago, we were hearing mass when my dad's cellphone rang. There was an emergency at the hospital. The patient was already opened up on the table but the operating team was having difficulty. Needless to say, my dad had to rush to the hospital to fix things.

Another time was when we had just come from Tarlac to get the 4x4 system off boybi's Patrol. On our way to Manila, he gets a call and we had to divert to Valenzuela. The Tullahan bridge was out and we had to squeeze the vehicle through the narrowest side streets just to get to the hospital. I was the one driving and I never thought it was fun. Sobrang gabi na din kami nakauwi...

So kung coding din lang or other minor moving violations, I hope you guys could give us a break.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jiyumaico View Post
    when i was shopping sa divvisoria before.dun sa katabi ng suking tindahan namin napansin ko yung isang van L300 nila na may permit sa pagka exempt sa coding na nakalagay sa windshield. so curious lang, kinausap ko may ari.pwede pala yun. pero 2 or 3 months lang yata validity period at may processing fee na 500+ or something. mag apply na lang sana mga doktor ng ganun. para mai assess mabuti ng kinauukulan kung dapat iexempt. para naman fair sa lahat.
    Okay itong ganito, gawin na lang official kasi ang sticker para sa mga doctor at kung pwede with tag number same number sa nakasulat sa PRC ID para madali maidentify kung check man sila at di lang yong nakalagay na mga sticker na MD kasi maski sino pwede maglagay ng sticker na yan. May validity date at may processing fee katulad sa taas para may iba pang pagkakakitaan ang gobyerno natin. Dapat MMDA mag issue para maski saang lugar sa Metro manila exempted.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    most of my relatives (mother side) are in the medical field. we never put those stickers or anything sa cars that could lead to abuse.

nope. they are not exempt, except for emergencies lang talaga. the problem is - how to validate kung may emergency nga talaga.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Jeanpierre's suggestion is actually pretty good.

Official sticker with ID number on it, tapos set up sila ng SMS-based verification (accessible only to their enforcers), text PRC ID / STICKER ID to xxxx and get a report on the authenticity and owner details. Kung sakaling orig ung ID number pero kinopya lang, sigurado babagsak yung impostor sa isa o dalawang detail (name of MD, for instance).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    In our case, yes. Except for one incident that the apprehending officer ask for the PRC ID of my dad.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My daily driver is in the shop until tomorrow and I had the oppurtunity to use a non-descript vehicle with no external markings in carrying out my work today.

Although not intentional, the unit I was driving happened to be banned on Tuesdays (today).

Got flagged down three times which is kind of a hassle in this line of work. But no one gave me a ticket.

I miss having a marked vehicle...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    please pardon my ignorance but i am completely curious: anong medical equipment ang kapag nag-down ay "walang magagawa ang mga doctors while the patient is on the table?"

thanks in advance
    kuryente po. walang magagawa ang manggagamot kung hindi niya makita ang pasyente. heh heh.
    but if you are asking for the one vital piece of equipment, i'm sorry but there just ain't one. it's like an orchestra. it sounds great if all instruments and players (it's called the medical team) are in order. but everyone will see the discordance if even one instrument makes a mistake, or is missing...
    as to doctors abusing the color coding rule, i say, let them. iilan lang ba naman sila? i'm sure you all felt better when your personal or family doctor arrived just before your loved one's surgery. the reassurance he gives just by being there...
    and do you know what sirens really mean? it means, "i'm in an emergency, gentlefolks. please give me way." however, some brutes mean sirens as "get out of my way, lesser creatures! you are causing me to slow down!"
    btw, do you know why doctors envy nurses? because nurses turn off their pagers after 5 pm.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    My daily driver is in the shop until tomorrow and I had the oppurtunity to use a non-descript vehicle with no external markings in carrying out my work today.

Although not intentional, the unit I was driving happened to be banned on Tuesdays (today).

Got flagged down three times which is kind of a hassle in this line of work. But no one gave me a ticket.

I miss having a marked vehicle...
    Two of our rigs also is banned on tuesdays, pero both of them are marked so no hassle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    buti na lang may thread na to. expired na pala PRC KO! pati PDEA expired na din. Toxic. Pinaka ayaw ko pa naman mag renew ng mga ganito.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kaso din po ba yung mga Special Plates(PGH 100) kung hindi ka naman doctor doon ??? pero naandun parin yung plate no. ko??

sorry kung out of place yung replay ko

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Being Doctor = Exempted Color Coding